ADVERTISEMENT

Can I get a little fire in the belly - Please !

mwagner20

New Poster, Show Me Love
Feb 13, 2012
As we start to the journey down road we know as the ACC, to Coach Dave and the players can I please get a little fire in the belly for crying out loud. Granted there has been some games we have gave away, and a unprecedented thumping from down the road. I understand we are not going to win every game regardless of the talent on a given team but as a long time fan I was also comfortable in saying that we as Louisville would fight to the end. And with that win or lose I can always live with that . Now with all of the " drama" that has unfolded around the program it just seems that this years teams body language just says ' What Ev Dude ' . The past few games I felt like I was watching an episode of the Walking Dead. But I will end with this .

Coach Padgett- Stop playing pick up stix with this players and let them know that you are the coach and they are the players. Start coaching them like you know a little about basketball please. You have been around the program and around experienced people too long to not know what time it is if not at least a little bit. It's not to say you are going to go into a phone booth and come out a HOF coach at his point but I think you know what I'm saying.

Players - Enough with the walking the ball up in a Zombie induced mode, stop the chest high dribbling, and bouncing off the foot shenanigans. Stop the youtube-ish bullet passes in traffic to players that don't have good hands, blockout, stop jacking 3's with 5-10 secs into the shot clock , and hit a free throw from time to time if you don't mind. Just play like you know your capable of playing. That's all I'm asking as a fan - keep your head up

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I do get where you're coming from.

I think all of the off the court issues combined with a more laid back coach has gotten us to where we are with the players. These guys have just been put through too much.

That's a fair statement as we all dealing with young kids and a coach that is fairly young himself at the end of the day. But at some point you have to try to point that stuff behind you and just play though I know it's a little easier to say behind a keyboard than to be doing it from their shoes.

Enough with the walking the ball up in a Zombie induced mode,
I know good and well these guys don't walk it up in pick up games during the summer.The mentality is to cradle the missed shots and hand it off to a guard.
Turn towards our goal and get it out and going.Watch and see what I mean tonite.We don't outlet the ball ever and try to get easy ones.

If I was DP,I'd pop in those old videos of Rodney before the games,snatching rebounds and letting it loose...

That's a fair statement as we all dealing with young kids and a coach that is fairly young himself at the end of the day. But at some point you have to try to point that stuff behind you and just play though I know it's a little easier to say behind a keyboard than to be doing it from their shoes.

Sutton seems to be the guy you're looking for. I see the same things you see overall.

Reactions: Mayoman
You got your wish tonight Milt.:D

Not perfect but I will take it. Just nice to see some fight. If we could just clean up a little bit of the mental errors we would be in fairly decent shape with all things considered going forward. Though a win like this on the road can raise some confidence which we desperately need. Let's come home, regroup and get ready to show out against VT on saturday.

What if this is the M Wagner from Michigan and he is just trolling us all?

Yo Cash - hold up big pimping. I'm new in here from a posting/reply standpoint as you can see from my small profile numbers so I'm not sure who that is your referring too or what that person has done or said to you and or other folks up in here but personally speaking I don't have time for all of the internet forum tomfoolery , trolling or whatever you call it. I'm just a fan chiming in like everybody else. Just want to be perfectly clear. It's all good ! Milt n Cartel City Arizona !

Yo Cash - hold up big pimping. I'm new in here from a posting/reply standpoint as you can see from my small profile numbers so I'm not sure who that is your referring too or what that person has done or said to you and or other folks up in here but personally speaking I don't have time for all of the internet forum tomfoolery , trolling or whatever you call it. I'm just a fan chiming in like everybody else. Just want to be perfectly clear. It's all good ! Milt n Cartel City Arizona !
Sorry friend! I was only jesting. Mo Wagner was the guy that singlehandedly knocked us out of the NCAA tourney last year.

Painful as hell.Just his understanding of the game and how to make the hard things easier.The obsessions with The League cannot be forefront with anybody in the college game,just winning.
For those too young to remember, Rodney was one of the first two players drafted into the NBA w/o ever averaging 15 ppg. in college. Bill Hanzlik of Notre Dame was the other. He put the game and the task at hand before anything else.

Reactions: earsky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT