ADVERTISEMENT

Butch Jones out at Tennessee

I lived in Tennessee for almost 20 years. The Vols fans I know down there would love Petrino and Jurich as package deal.

Interesting outside our local bubble...People out of our metro understand why Pitino got fired but are dumbfounded to why Jurich got let go. Tennessee would love to have him. I'm sure others will too.

Reactions: CardsFirst
The top 3 I think are J. Gruden, Chip Kelly, Bobby Petrino.

There is no way that Gruden is going to coach college football. Chip Kelly is most likely Florida’s top choice. The Tennessee job just doesn’t have as much cache as it once did. My guess is that Jeff Brohm or Mike Norvell end up there. I think that’s more the pond they are fishing in.

Reactions: gocds
There is no way that Gruden is going to coach college football. Chip Kelly is most likely Florida’s top choice. The Tennessee job just doesn’t have as much cache as it once did. My guess is that Jeff Brohm or Mike Norvell end up there. I think that’s more the pond they are fishing in.

Hell no....lets start the rumor that UT wants Todd Grantham. Then the Vols can be 3rd and Granthamed just like MSU was by Bama at crunch time Sat night!!!!

Would be more than fitting for them too.

Hell no....lets start the rumor that UT wants Todd Grantham. Then the Vols can be 3rd and Granthamed just like MSU was by Bama at crunch time Sat night!!!!

Would be more than fitting for them too.

What!? You mean that I’m not the only one that thinks Grantham is a snake in the grass? Ask UGA fans (along with Mark Richt) what they think about good ole Todd. Yeah, the SEC team that hires Todd will be getting exactly what they deserve.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I lived in Tennessee for almost 20 years. The Vols fans I know down there would love Petrino and Jurich as package deal.

Interesting outside our local bubble...People out of our metro understand why Pitino got fired but are dumbfounded to why Jurich got let go. Tennessee would love to have him. I'm sure others will too.

How does the AD at UT stand with the fans? It could be an interesting scenario because Jurich is going to be a hot commodity. I could see UT making a run for both if the fans don't care for the AD. I don't see UT going after Petrino alone.

On an interesting side note: Just read that Brohms buyout at Purdue drops to $4million on Dec 5. If UT were to get Jurich and Petrino, Petrinos buyout would pay for Brohms buyout. Could get interesting......................................

How does the AD at UT stand with the fans? It could be an interesting scenario because Jurich is going to be a hot commodity. I could see UT making a run for both if the fans don't care for the AD. I don't see UT going after Petrino alone.

On an interesting side note: Just read that Brohms buyout at Purdue drops to $4million on Dec 5. If UT were to get Jurich and Petrino, Petrinos buyout would pay for Brohms buyout. Could get interesting......................................

Yes, very interesting indeed.

Jones has a pretty healthy buyout too. Money matters at some point. I guess it depends if the right boosters want Petrino.

chilver-female-sheep.jpg

Reactions: cardfaninmemphis
What!? You mean that I’m not the only one that thinks Grantham is a snake in the grass? Ask UGA fans (along with Mark Richt) what they think about good ole Todd. Yeah, the SEC team that hires Todd will be getting exactly what they deserve.

Perhaps you could expound on your beliefs - don’t scrimp on the facts. While you’re at it - go ahead and tell us what Georgia fans think. I’ll hang up and listen.

Perhaps you could expound on your beliefs - don’t scrimp on the facts. While you’re at it - go ahead and tell us what Georgia fans think. I’ll hang up and listen.

The majority thought he sucked and I believe you know this or maybe you are just making a poor effort at being a smart ass.

UT just hired an AD in Feb of this year. He wasn't the home run hire that fans wanted but was the former AD at K-State, He just reversed the scraping of the "Lady Vols" logo for the women's teams. The former AD was doing away (with pressure from Nike) with the Lady Vols name, and orange/powder blue color schemes that were hugely unpopular. He just pulled the plug on Butch so he is in good standing for now. I doubt they get rid of him for Jurich, though. Just bad timing. But something huge will open up for Jurich, I'm sure of it.

Here goes, all my sports coverage comes from the Nashville area...

Jones ALONE is guaranteed 8million.
Tennessee is on the hook for the full amount or whatever amount LESS Jones next coaching job...if he wants one.
Doesn't count buyouts for staff.
The new AD AND the University are extremely gun-shy about the APPEARANCE of integrity in the athletics department:
Thanks rebuilding of the women's basketball program...this is huge.
The fiasco of the men's basketball program....a catastrophe of epic proportions since Pearl...and three succeeding coaches.
The football program....the next hire will be the fifth in 11 years.

I doubt UT changes ADs this soon.
From what I've read and heard, prime candidates are Mullen, followed by Brohm, the coach of Virginia Tech, and Charlie Strong.
Gruden is everyone's Santa Clause present, but MOST serious analysts say no. Also on the extreme barely on lists are Petrino and Chip Kelly.

The majority thought he sucked and I believe you know this or maybe you are just making a poor effort at being a smart ass.

It’s not my intent to be confrontational with you. You called the guy a “snake in the grass” and insinuated that uga fans and mark richt felt similarly. That’s quite a bit different than thinking he “sucked”.

Clearly we have a difference of opinion on his ability and tenure at Louisville. That said - all I asked, was for you to provide some depth to your comments. Are you able to do that, or not?

It’s not my intent to be confrontational with you. You called the guy a “snake in the grass” and insinuated that uga fans and mark richt felt similarly. That’s quite a bit different than thinking he “sucked”.

Clearly we have a difference of opinion on his ability and tenure at Louisville. That said - all I asked, was for you to provide some depth to your comments. Are you able to do that, or not?

If you can read then you can provide your own depth. All you have to do is go to any history about TG’s tenure at UGA and what the fans thought about that. My opinion is that he is a snake. You can think whatever you want, but I suggest you pull up ‘his history at UGA.

If you can read then you can provide your own depth. All you have to do is go to any history about TG’s tenure at UGA and what the fans thought about that. My opinion is that he is a snake. You can think whatever you want, but I suggest you pull up ‘his history at UGA.

Ok - you can’t. Got it.

The top 3 I think are J. Gruden, Chip Kelly, Bobby Petrino.

Of course. John Gruden. The dude hasn't coached in college since 1989 when he was the TE Coach at Pacific University. But, it's always John Gruden that so and so is going to hire. Lane Kiffen will come back to UT before they hire John Gruden. And actually, hiring Lane Kiffen at UT would be the most Lane Kiffen thing ever. I've never seen a guy get job after job after performing badly. A little karma right now at FAU, but he's due to replace Sabin at Bama or something.

Reactions: BPGhost
Of course. John Gruden. The dude hasn't coached in college since 1989 when he was the TE Coach at Pacific University. But, it's always John Gruden that so and so is going to hire. Lane Kiffen will come back to UT before they hire John Gruden. And actually, hiring Lane Kiffen at UT would be the most Lane Kiffen thing ever. I've never seen a guy get job after job after performing badly. A little karma right now at FAU, but he's due to replace Sabin at Bama or something.

Gruden is a pipe dream...if he is coaching anywhere it is with Tampa Bay next season

Ok - you can’t. Got it.

Ok I got it. You’re a jerk. Grantham was FIRED by our head coach with the approval of our athletic department. He was fired for being a jerk and a SNAKE IN THE GRASS. And guess what, that’s all I have to “prove”. Jerk.

Ok I got it. You’re a jerk. Grantham was FIRED by our head coach with the approval of our athletic department. He was fired for being a jerk and a SNAKE IN THE GRASS. And guess what, that’s all I have to “prove”. Jerk.

Lol - I got double “jerk-ed”. That’s a bit aggressive particularly when I told you two posts ago I wasn’t trying to be confrontational with you.

Please provide the link of Grantham being fired and the athletic department approving it? Make sure it’s the report that includes petrino informing the fans that he was firing Grantham for being - not only a jerk (a lot of that going around apparently) but also a snake in the grass. I had to have missed that article and I’m really looking forward to reading it. Just curious - was it from the same outlet that published all of the articles about what georgia fans thought about his time there?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT