ADVERTISEMENT

Brutal...

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
I told myself I was not going to watch much if any of these pre-season college football shows this summer. Oh how I wish I could have maintained that goal. Today, on college football live, talking heads chatting about the upcoming ACC media days and Louisville was not mentioned one time. Nothing. But after a commercial break they come back with UofL's media guide cover with triple crown winner Justify, and deride it. They call it cheesy and silly and don't appear to recognize the obvious correlation.

Kentucky Derby
Churchill Downs
Justify, triple crown winner.

where? Louisville, ky (Derby)
How? Speed

UofL football team. Located in Louisville, ky.
How the team tries to win? Speed. Remember #8?

I know there aren't many expectations this season and that's understandable. However, the talent and speed is still a positive and other than Clemson, is on the level with every other ACC team. The Cards chances depend on the little things, especially on defense and with coaching. There is talented speed that needs to be coached into something special.

That remains to be seen. However, trying to energize the upcoming season with a flashy media guide that uses a hometown icon to market the teams best asset is pretty cool in my book. The dolts on ESPN however didn't agree. I have to give a little credit to Pollack as he said big deal and why the aggression? The lady was clueless and what appears today like the requisite female on a sports panel. There are some very good female reporters and show host but this lady isn't one of them.

Justify will always be synonymous with Louisville. A name (Louisville) unfortunately, doesn't sound good coming off a whole lot of people's tongues these days.

Brutal.

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News