ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl not cooperating

Easy, if you’re like Pearl and even Jurich, you don’t recognize them as your bosses.
Dude - really?

That’s not even apples and oranges - that’s comparing a freaking convicted cheater and the guy most responsible for the best shit that’s EVER happened to the athletic department if the school you (purportedly) support.

You’ve diminished yourself with this comparison.

Dude - really?

That’s not even apples and oranges - that’s comparing a freaking convicted cheater and the guy most responsible for the best shit that’s EVER happened to the athletic department if the school you (purportedly) support.

I added Jurich just because it is the same thing. Jurich answered to no one but Ramsey and even then Ramsey gave him free reign. May not be on the same level but just think and make sure it’s not because one is U of L and one is not.

He is apparently trying to get his finances in order.
He will learn he's not a big time winner,
And since he ain't the football coach, highly expendable is a phrase that attaches to his position quickly.

Dude - really?

I added Jurich just because it is the same thing. Jurich answered to no one but Ramsey and even then Ramsey gave him free reign. May not be on the same level but just think and make sure it’s not because one is U of L and one is not.

He answered to Ramsey because that’s who his boss was you nit wit. How many bosses do you think he should have? How many do you have? Jurich is gone because Grissom wanted him gone. Period.

Reactions: BPGhost
Beat a guy while he’s down all you want, Jurich is one of (if not the best) thing to ever happen to UL. My only regret with Jurich is that he never got to team up with Howard - talk about a tandem, that would have been something!

He answered to Ramsey because that’s who his boss was you nit wit. How many bosses do you think he should have? How many do you have? Jurich is gone because Grissom wanted him gone. Period.
Ok if I am a nit wit then you are full flaming moron. If you go to website, where it is available to public you can find the organizational chart. The Athletic Director is also underneath the BOT. There have been repeated instances including the lacrosse incident that indicates TJ did not answer to anyone. Believe all the conspiracies you want but when Ramsey was removed that shield was also taken down. I agree that TJ was more responsible for U of L athletics and where it is today but no one can operate in autonomy.

Be careful who you hero worship, nobody is perfect.

Ok if I am a nit wit then you are full flaming moron. If you go to website, where it is available to public you can find the organizational chart. The Athletic Director is also underneath the BOT. There have been repeated instances including the lacrosse incident that indicates TJ did not answer to anyone. Believe all the conspiracies you want but when Ramsey was removed that shield was also taken down. I agree that TJ was more responsible for U of L athletics and where it is today but no one can operate in autonomy.

Be careful who you hero worship, nobody is perfect.

That maybe true on the organizational chart but his immediate supervisor was Ramsey. And from all indications Jurich cooperated with every BOT and their president over his 20 year tenure, except the hit man Grissom. He also agreed to work with this BOT and president to work resolve the issues. So to compare him to Pearl is idiotic. Now whose the moron.

I guess you have never been in the military or know what the chain of command is? I have a department head who has a VP and the VP has a senior VP who answers to the President and CEO. They also answer to some degree to CFO. All of those people can tell me what to do and if I don’t, you can bet your bottom dollar, I would be fired. Even the VP of the US has to answer to the Senate.

That maybe true on the organizational chart but his immediate supervisor was Ramsey. And from all indications Jurich cooperated with every BOT and their president over his 20 year tenure, except the hit man Grissom. He also agreed to work with this BOT and president to work resolve the issues. So to compare him to Pearl is idiotic. Now whose the moron.
So he cooperated with BOT, I guess that’s why they voted 10-3 for dismissal. And please don’t forget you started with the name calling.

So he cooperated with BOT, I guess that’s why they voted 10-3 for dismissal. And please don’t forget you started with the name calling.

Look at my earlier post. I spent 24 years in the Army. I’m well aware of organizational charts. I have written plenty. I also am aware that you always have an immediate supervisor. And the level we’re talking about would be compared to a Colonel reporting to a General. Who fired Jurich? Postel. Now the BOT supported it. And we all know Grissom is the decision maker but it’s normally the President. But you compared Jurich to Pearl and that Jurich didn’t cooperate and that’s just not true.

Last edited:
Look at my earlier post. I spent 24 years in the Army. I’m well aware of organizational charts. I have written plenty. I also am aware that you always have an immediate supervisor. And the level we’re talking about would be compared to a Colonel reporting to a General. Who fired Jurich? Postel. Now the BOT supported it. And we all know Grissom is the decision maker but it’s normally the President. But you compared Jurich to Pearl and that Jurich didn’t cooperate and that’s just not true.
Thanks for being more civil. I admit it was a stretch to add Jurich in the conversation but my comparison was based on the thread title, Pearl is not cooperating with the school’s administration. It was also brought out in Postel’s letter (which I know you don’t agree with and that’s ok) that also was an issue with Jurich. None of us know the complete truth in any of this. But clinging on to Jurich is not the solution and I choose to move on and continue to support U of L. If that labels me as a Jurich hater, that is simply not true as I am truly grateful for what he has accomplished here.

Thanks for being more civil. I admit it was a stretch to add Jurich in the conversation but my comparison was based on the thread title, Pearl is not cooperating with the school’s administration. It was also brought out in Postel’s letter (which I know you don’t agree with and that’s ok) that also was an issue with Jurich. None of us know the complete truth in any of this. But clinging on to Jurich is not the solution and I choose to move on and continue to support U of L. If that labels me as a Jurich hater, that is simply not true as I am truly grateful for what he has accomplished here.

You’re welcome. I don’t agree with Postel’s letter that’s true. And at this point Jurich is water under the bridge. There’s no going back. I just think Postel and Grissom and really Grissom we’re grasping at anything that might stick. Jurich did some great things at Louisville and at this point there’s no reason to kick him anymore. Now I’m more concerned what the current BOT and Postel will pull.

You’re welcome. I don’t agree with Postel’s letter that’s true. And at this point Jurich is water under the bridge. There’s no going back. I just think Postel and Grissom and really Grissom we’re grasping at anything that might stick. Jurich did some great things at Louisville and at this point there’s no reason to kick him anymore. Now I’m more concerned with what the current BOT and Postel will pull.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT