ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm's agent

100% true. The denial here is cute
Not denying anything. I think it's funny that if true (and there is no reason for me to believe or not believe it at this point), then it means Brohm who is 13-12 over 2 seasons just got a raise to continue that trend. That's funny to me, and more power to the man. Even if he leaves for UofL, it STILL means he got a raise for going 13-12 over the last 2 years. That must be nice.

Not denying anything. I think it's funny that if true (and there is no reason for me to believe or not believe it at this point), then it means Brohm who is 13-12 over 2 seasons just got a raise to continue that trend. That's funny to me, and more power to the man. Even if he leaves for UofL, it STILL means he got a raise for going 13-12 over the last 2 years. That must be nice.

Won 50% more games in 2 years than the prior staff win in 4. With the worst recruiting classes in the B1G over that time frame, by far. Has PURDUE sitting on a Top 25 recruiting class right now, 2nd best in the B1G West. 1 or 2 more of those and he has a great shot to win the West. Hell, he was 8 points from winning the West THIS year.

Rationalize in your sorrow. I agree with you. U of L shouldn't want to give him a raise and hire him away. He's obviously not worth it.

We'll gladly "overpay" for him. While U of L goes ahead and makes a sweeter deal with a more deserving coach who has obviously earned it.

Won 50% more games in 2 years than the prior staff win in 4. With the worst recruiting classes in the B1G over that time frame, by far. Has PURDUE sitting on a Top 25 recruiting class right now, 2nd best in the B1G West. 1 or 2 more of those and he has a great shot to win the West. Hell, he was 8 points from winning the West THIS year.

It was the worst recruiting classes in all of Power 5, I believe. But your point still stands :)

Well he did take what you guys here call "the doormat of the big ten" to two consecutive bowl games after one of if not the worst 4 year stretches in school history and did it with players that were part of 4 straight recruiting classes at the bottom of the conference. Now he's currently recruiting in the top half of the big ten with a top 25 class and if he stays he's likely getting one of the top receivers in the class with David Bell to add to it.

I'd say that's worth a raise especially when Lovie Smith is making 5 million a year at Illinois.

Reactions: Futureboiler
Dude - these boil posers couldn't spell grace or class if you spotted them four letters each.
Make sure you guys are back on here this afternoon. I’ll personally serve you the first piece of humble pie

45 mil over 7 with guaranteed bonuses based on bowls, conference championships, national championships and academic performance. Another possible1 mil.

45 mil over 7 with guaranteed bonuses based on bowls, conference championships, national championships and academic performance. Another possible1 mil.
If Purdue wants to pay a coach who lost to Eastern Michigan and Mizzu then lose 3 out of last 5 games 6.5 mil then go right ahead. That would make a 6-6 coach the 7th highest paid coach, 3rd in the Big10.

If Purdue wants to pay a coach who lost to Eastern Michigan and Mizzu then lose 3 out of last 5 games 6.5 mil then go right ahead. That would make a 6-6 coach the 7th highest paid coach, 3rd in the Big10.
Beat Ohio State, Iowa and became bowl eligible with a combination of the worst recruiting classes in the Big Ten. Don't backtrack now.

Beat Ohio State, Iowa and became bowl eligible with a combination of the worst recruiting classes in the Big Ten. Don't backtrack now.
That loss to Purdoo is what keeps Ohio State from the playoffs. That's how bad that loss is looked at by the selection committee.

I'm good with that too. Don't much care for the Buckeyes.

This flip was easy to see coming.

For 3 weeks.... "We love Brohm! Of course he's coming home! First Family of Louisville!"
Past 24 hours ... "Ehhh he wasn't really qualified and not worth the money"

If you were leaving one job for another, would you have your agent there all day on the campus you were leaving..on the day you were supposed to decide?
Asking a serious question

If you were leaving one job for another, would you have your agent there all day on the campus you were leaving..on the day you were supposed to decide?
Absolutely. Safety in numbers from disgruntled purdoo people.

Reactions: MirageSmack
IDK, but it could be that he wants his agent to look over the proposal from UofL. Or he could be trying to maximize his raise and needs advice from his agent. Or he, well, you see the unlimited possibilities now. Yes?

Like Kerry said earlier, maybe his agent is helping him pack. LOL!

We all want Brohm, but if he chooses to stay at Purdue. Then we move on! He is not the only man, who can coach.

I'm good for any corrections, but here is a timeline we all do know:
--Trya and Brohm meet in Indy
--Then Brohm meets with Bobinski
--Family get together including Oscar--who later returned home last nite
--Agent also in W Laf yesterday
--Agent still in W Laf today

I'm good for any corrections, but here is a timeline we all do know:
--Trya and Brohm meet in Indy
--Then Brohm meets with Bobinski
--Family get together including Oscar--who later returned home last nite
--Agent also in W Laf yesterday
--Agent still in W Laf today

Weve already established agent is going over the buyout and helping Brohm pack :cool:

If he is that piss poor of a coach then why would Louisville be so hot after him? You want him to coach for MAC level pay when he can make real money in the BIG.

If he is that piss poor of a coach then why would Louisville be so hot after him? You want him to coach for MAC level pay when he can make real money in the BIG.

With every coach there are risks. No coach is a slam dunk, there are a lot of variables that go into building and sustaining a program. Got to have the right people around you at every level.

Few comments to all of the above----we want Brohm, but he hasn't proven that he is worth top 10 coach money, yet. If you all pay top 10 coach money, thats a big investment, but everyone knows there are comparable hires that we can easily pull in for 3.5-4 million that could/would be just as successful.

Also, love the statement about having the 2nd best recruiting class in West, thats funny.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT