ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm to UofL not Done Deal

We’ve now passed the awkward back and forth nuts and bolts of a contract. So that’s good I guess.

We are now in the “does JB go with his head or his heart phase?” There is legitimate concern about the roster and how depleted it is because of Petrino’s negligence.
If Brohm doesn't want to leave, then why negotiate a contract? I don get what you're saying.....

Like me making an offer on a house and negotiating a price on the house that I dont intend to buy.

Reactions: Futureboiler
If Brohm doesn't want to leave, then why negotiate a contract? I don get what you're saying.....

Like me making an offer on a house and negotiating a price on the house that I dont intend to buy.
It's negotiating, and when negotiating, you have to be ready to walk away if you don't get what you want. I'm hopeful and optimistic both sides can come to an acceptable agreement.

Bring coach Jeff Brohm home is the theme. The offers and counter offers have been made. Now it's time to accept or walk away.

Reactions: KerryRhodes

There hasn’t been a lot of time for him to dwell on the position and where things stand with the job. Basically he can be simultaneously working on contract while still being unsure about the job.

I absolutely understand Purdue's thinking, absolutely. That said, I don't think all of the money in Indiana can keep him up there if he wants to come home. At that point, it's really no longer about the financial aspects, it's about wanting to come home.

it's about wanting to come home and whether or not he's willing to put in the work to undertake a MASSIVE rebuild. It's always been about that. If he doesn't think he'll get the 3+ years it's going to take to get back to respectability then he's smart enough to know that Louisville will be there in the future.

It took several years to rip the program apart. It will take several to rebuild it. Lamar covered up the massive deficiencies of Bobby 2.0.

it's about wanting to come home and whether or not he's willing to put in the work to undertake a MASSIVE rebuild. It's always been about that. If he doesn't think he'll get the 3+ years it's going to take to get back to respectability then he's smart enough to know that Louisville will be there in the future.

It took several years to rip the program apart. It will take several to rebuild it. Lamar covered up the massive deficiencies of Bobby 2.0.

LoL.

John L took a 1-10 team to a bowl the very next season.

Be scurred cayuts fans.

Jeff Brohm will be Louisville's coach.

What an ignorant take. There is certainly work to be done but, there is more talent on the UofL roster than there was on purdoo's when Brohm got there. I would expect that if he comes, several of those verbals to purdoo will follow.

Fwiw...I was told by one person it’s 50/50 he takes the job and by another that it’s less than 50/50.
I also heard more so the lesser. Why i think he stays sometimes people just like were they are at a certain time. Just could be Brohms timing with moving on just doesn't jive with us needing a new coach. Thats life

Reactions: Futureboiler
It seems to me at this point if CJB wanted to stay at Purdue he would just come out and say it.

Reactions: Cue Card
The “Harvard” of the Hoosier state, the arrogance is quite entertaining!

I have a brother-in-law that went to Purdue, even he mouthed off about all this at Thanksgiving. And, I guarantee he couldn’t name three guys on the Purdue roster. He’s arrogant just like you, and knows zero about football - just like you.

Now here's the beautiful thing about anonymous internet boards, you never know quite who you're talking to. I have absolutely no idea about your bro-in-law; but I guarantee you, Des knows (and has forgotten) more about football, basketball, and baseball than myself and 99% of all the posters here put together.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
Now here's the beautiful thing about anonymous internet boards, you never know quite who you're talking to. I have absolutely no idea about your bro-in-law; but I guarantee you, Des knows (and has forgotten) more about football, basketball, and baseball than myself and 99% of all the posters here put together.
Then maybe he should be purdoo’s next coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT