ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm to UofL not Done Deal

Tyra not going to something fiscally irresponsible, but Purdue might
He better. Only Brohm will energize the fan base. Tyra needs to earn his keep and get this done with Brohm and Brohm only! We’ll have more at the Spring game than any regular season game if he comes home.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
What is fiscally irresponsible for a $700M enterprise is quite different from that of a $2.4B entity!
The “Harvard” of the Hoosier state, the arrogance is quite entertaining!

I have a brother-in-law that went to Purdue, even he mouthed off about all this at Thanksgiving. And, I guarantee he couldn’t name three guys on the Purdue roster. He’s arrogant just like you, and knows zero about football - just like you.

Reactions: CardinalFaithful2

I have a brother-in-law that went to Purdue, even he mouthed off about all this at Thanksgiving. And, I guarantee he couldn’t name three guys on the Purdue roster. He’s arrogant just like you, and knows zero about football - just like you.
WTH would a Purdue fan know about athletics ?

Im hearing Purdue will go above Louisville's offer.

Already heard 8 yrs 50 million

I have always thought if it was about money Louisville wasn't winning that battle. Purdue in a good spot make the buyout huge 12 to 15 million over the next 3 or 4 years and the 6 million per is at least partially insured.

Why would Brohm come back? I have 2 degrees from UL and 1 from IU, tho I am a Purdue fan. Grew up in Louisville. UL already fired him once. Why go back and start all over? UL is my alma mater and after. they can me Id say the honeymoon is over.

UofL didnt can him. Then current head coach Kragthorpe canned him much to the dismay of the fans. Nice troll job though, its UofL, not UL.

Why would Brohm come back? I have 2 degrees from UL and 1 from IU, tho I am a Purdue fan. Grew up in Louisville. UL already fired him once. Why go back and start all over? UL is my alma mater and after. they can me Id say the honeymoon is over.

Perhaps you can peruse the other 50 threads that address your serious question. Jeezus

All parties involved regarding his prior dismissal are all long gone. Places don’t fire people. People do.

Hi,
Might be old news but didnt see it here in a quick look. If no Brohm.

Footballscoop is reporting the new name is Barry Odom:
"three different sources have confirmed there’s mutual interest between Odom and Louisville."
(from 24/7)

"Louisville: There is mutual interest between Missouri head coach Barry Odom and Louisville regarding the open head coaching position with the Cardinals, according to 24/7."

Cuse fan but a bit of a Louisville "Tshirt fan" (cept vs SU) since the Dr Dunkenstein days of grade school.
That would be awful. His record is 19-18. F that !

If they that stupid so be it . Brohm is worth no more than 5.5 at best 6 is pushing it! Louisville can get a decent coach at the 4 mark . Tyra is a business man foremost and i trust his judgement to make a sound financial move on the next coach. Plus this new president is not Ramsey . People need to understand this is also about being money smart and not buying on impulse. Plenty of other options you never ever lay all your eggs in one basket . Automatic failure! fact of life

Hi,
Might be old news but didnt see it here in a quick look. If no Brohm.

Footballscoop is reporting the new name is Barry Odom:
"three different sources have confirmed there’s mutual interest between Odom and Louisville."
(from 24/7)

"Louisville: There is mutual interest between Missouri head coach Barry Odom and Louisville regarding the open head coaching position with the Cardinals, according to 24/7."

Cuse fan but a bit of a Louisville "Tshirt fan" (cept vs SU) since the Dr Dunkenstein days of grade school.

Barry Odom isn’t gonna coach at UofL. That’s his jackwad agent Jimmy Sexton floating some rumors to make people think somebody wants Odom. He damn near got fired from his alma mater.

Reactions: earsky
I do not believe Brohm will be leaving Purdue. I think we will see movement on other candidates now. Lots of trial balloons being floated today just in case.

Thats within the realm of possibility. That averages out to $6.25 a year. I would think Louisville would offer somewhere between $5-$6....if he's willing to stay at Purdue over a few hundred thousand dollars (in the scheme of a multimillion dollar contract) then Tyra should call his bluff..... Tyra is smart enough to not tie the university to a guy with a resume as short as Brohm's regardless of how much fans want him. As I've said, if Jeff's willing to stay at Purdue if Louisville doesn't match Purdue's offer dollar for dollar then I say let him. Jeff deserves to get paid and shouldn't give Louisville any sort of discount but at some point you have to decide where you want to be and whats the most important things to you. Jeff's going to be wealthy for the rest of his life regardless of which job he takes....does he want to be home or in West Lafayette? That's all he needs to figure out.

Louisville is the best opening on the market right now and they can get a much cheaper coach and use the savings to pay for elite level assistants.

Go ahead.

Pay him top five money.

With a huge buyout

Like we did Bobby

And hope he works out better. ;)

Just like I will if he comes here.

Personally, I don’t think Jeff has done enough to demand that kind of money. From you or us.

But that’s just me

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
So Brohm gets a recruiting class better than any of Bobby's in his 3rd year...takes a moribund program bowling 2 years in a row, with recruits from previous regime that ranked worse than MAC level in talent...has shown he develops talent and has an innovative offense... but he hasn't shown he is worth the money? Interesting.

Reactions: TheGunner
So Brohm gets a recruiting class better than any of Bobby's in his 3rd year...takes a moribund program bowling 2 years in a row, with recruits from previous regime that ranked worse than MAC level in talent...has shown he develops talent and has an innovative offense... but he hasn't shown he is worth the money? Interesting.
Interesting?

See “Bobby Petrino” for interesting.

A certified “can’t miss” 5 to 7 years ago.

Interesting interview this evening with Tyra, don’t you think? Sounds like he has a good list of candidates.

I’m detecting some prick attitude. Not sure what your problem is. If not, my apologies. I believe Vince and Jeff talked and that Vince will begin pursuing other coaches.

Reactions: IndySouthsider
Go ahead.

Pay him top five money.

With a huge buyout

Like we did Bobby

And hope he works out better. ;)

Just like I will if he comes here.

Personally, I don’t think Jeff has done enough to demand that kind of money. From you or us.

But that’s just me

The language Purdue puts in the contract will be interesting to read. Purdue is in a better place to negotiate a long term contract than Louisville not just from a financial standpoint but also from the point of view of knowing that if Jeff resigns with Purdue then they will be lucky to keep him for more than 2-3 more years. So they can put big numbers on his contract knowing that if he leaves then he's either going to the NFL or a blue blood and they likely won't have to pay a huge buyout. He's unlikely to be unsuccessful enough, quickly enough at a school like Purdue that they would ever be in a situation like Louisville was this year where they would owe a huge buyout because of bad coaching. So they can say they'll pay him huge money through X number of years guaranteed knowing that, that situation is highly unlikely to ever occur.

Whereas with Louisville....he's less likely to leave for other jobs and because of history and family connection if Jeff were to need to be fired it would be tricky and expensive if Louisville were to guarantee him huge amounts of money.

I’m detecting some prick attitude. Not sure what your problem is. If not, my apologies. I believe Vince and Jeff talked and that Vince will begin pursuing other coaches.
Not at all. Didn’t mean to come off that way. I read the interview the same way you do. Going to look at other options and there is a lot of interest in the position.

Not at all. Didn’t mean to come off that way. I read the interview the same way you do. Going to look at other options and there is a lot of interest in the position.

I think Brohm is staying at Purdue and that thought doesn’t come from the TV interview. Quite frankly I didn’t even know what tv interview you were talking about up until about one minute ago.

This place is going to be real interesting when Brohm stays at Purdue for a reasonable amount of money, not “Dabo” money. Bunch of guys in his thread talking about how it’s not about money for him, but then making it all about the money if he stays. You guys are a trip. Enjoy the coach hunt, Cards!

This place is going to be real interesting when Brohm stays at Purdue for a reasonable amount of money, not “Dabo” money. Bunch of guys in his thread talking about how it’s not about money for him, but then making it all about the money if he stays. You guys are a trip. Enjoy the coach hunt, Cards!

Brohm is going to get a nice bump in pay. Currently making $4M. Feel pretty confident he will be in top 8 in coaching salaries once this silly season is over.

Regardless of the reasons, the time does not appear right between him and UofL.

Brohm is going to get a nice bump in pay. Currently making $4M. Feel pretty confident he will be in top 8 in coaching salaries once this silly season is over.

Regardless of the reasons, the time does not appear right between him and UofL.
I’m certain he’ll get a bump. I seriously doubt it’ll be a 50% bump as has been suggested here. He received a bump after Tennessee came calling last year, about $400,000/year. He will be over $4. He might be over $5M. $6? Seriously doubt it.

He likes where he is at and is going to get a nice raise that Louisville wasn't willing to match. I agree if it comes in at 5m then some people on here will lose their mind, but I can't see paying that kind of money for any coach that hasn't won anything at this level. I agree on the timing too, Louisville football is a flat out mess.

If Tyra is moving on to other candidates he needs to state Brohm isn't coming today.

He likes where he is at and is going to get a nice raise that Louisville wasn't willing to match. I agree if it comes in at 5m then some people on here will lose their mind, but I can't see paying that kind of money for any coach that hasn't won anything at this level. I agree on the timing too, Louisville football is a flat out mess.

If Tyra is moving on to other candidates he needs to state Brohm isn't coming today.

Brohm has a weekly press conference on Mondays. It will be interesting to see if he addresses this issue himself.

We’ve now passed the awkward back and forth nuts and bolts of a contract. So that’s good I guess.

We are now in the “does JB go with his head or his heart phase?” There is legitimate concern about the roster and how depleted it is because of Petrino’s negligence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT