ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm to remain at Purdue.

Well if Brohm turns down Louisville now it will definitely be the last offer he gets to return home.

He still has a house in Louisville, never sold it for a reason.....

Really? Melissa McCarthy still has a home in her hometown of Plainfield Il but that doesn’t mean she’s moving back. It just means that she has a place to stay when she goes home to visit her family.

Really? Melissa McCarthy still has a home in her hometown of Plainfield Il but that doesn’t mean she’s moving back. It just means that she has a place to stay when she goes home to visit her family.
Because that's the same - lol. Shouldn't you be stalking Brady Brohm's Twitter account instead of posting here?

Well if Brohm turns down Louisville now it will definitely be the last offer he gets to return home.
I don’t believe that at all. Say Brohm wants to experience the NFL. He goes and is successful for a number of years. He decides that he wants to come home to finish his career at UL. You think UL would turn Brohm away? Not a chance

I don’t believe that at all. Say Brohm wants to experience the NFL. He goes and is successful for a number of years. He decides that he wants to come home to finish his career at UL. You think UL would turn Brohm away? Not a chance

Well, there would have to be an available job first. Certainly not going to run off a coach who is winning in order to make room for him. But, the timing is now. If he's offered and then declines, then the opportunity may not present itself again.

First of all that was kind of a joke, cuz every time a new coach is rumored, it always starts with someone saw his wife in town looking at homes. In this case he already has one here so you can check that box.

Secondly, I did want to point out the fact he still has strong roots here and is a "hometown hero". There also are many folks here that are close to the family and believe that he would jump at the chance to come back to coach UofL football.

Citing his relationship with Purdue’s AD and his wife having family in West Lafayette he decided the timing wasn’t right.

Who’s next?
e17da6eb04903dee17f951e985bf9f3b1bbb4febae529d162d2964e3b9416b47.jpg

If he stays at Purdue it'll be because he doesn't have to go through any rebuild process of cleaning up a mess. If he repeats the success he had this year he has an immediate path to a school like FSU, Ohio State or the NFL in 2020 if not sooner. If he comes to Louisville that would likely delay those big boy offers and I think he would have harder time taking them if we locked him down. It's a big reason why UofL fans want him so bad (at least its why I do). He's one of our own and we believe he'd be here for the long haul.

What's interesting for me is to see Purdue fans in a similair state of mind that we were in with Strong after he turned down TN and Bobby 1.0 after his extension. They think they have their forever coach and things are looking up no doubt. But I think that school is still a coaching stepping stone until they have consistently put in the resources they just started to into the program. Needs to be a 5 mill year a job, could use a stadium upgrade and an administration with a fan base that continues the reputation they've garnered with the way they've treated Brohm. Not meant as a jab there but its just not a destination gig in it's current state.

Well, there would have to be an available job first. Certainly not going to run off a coach who is winning in order to make room for him. But, the timing is now. If he's offered and then declines, then the opportunity may not present itself again.
I see it being the opposite. For UofL there may not be another chance to get Brohm if it doesn't happen now. He may land a NFL gig or end up at an elite program in the next year or two and UofL will have missed their window. UK may be in the same boat with Neal Brown. I don't see Stoops leaving or being fired though so it might not matter as much

I see it being the opposite. For UofL there may not be another chance to get Brohm if it doesn't happen now. He may land a NFL gig or end up at an elite program in the next year or two and UofL will have missed their window. UK may be in the same boat with Neal Brown. I don't see Stoops leaving or being fired though so it might not matter as much

Well, your kind of inconsistent with your comments. “UofL wouldn’t turn Brohm away.” “UofL would have missed their window.” Regardless, if he isn’t the next coach, there are other candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT