ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm to remain at Purdue.

Wouldn't count him out of the convo yet. He's got to finish his season. Plus he wouldn't be the first coach to give that speech before a departure. Dude's got players to keep in mind.

From the louisville scout board
This is from an Insider on this board whom we all trust. He has given me permission to post it. Here is what he said and I quote,

"Brohm will 100% be the next coach. Already agreed in principle to the deal."
If that’s true (and I hope it is), then I’m betting it will leak out before the end of the 4 O’clock NFL games.

I would Loooooovvvee to have Mike Leach..just for entertainment sake. He is a winner too. The pac 12 sucks though and they play no defense ....not sure about the transition to ACC football

When the "Joke" Phillips was fired and Coach stoopID was hired, it only garnered about 10 replies on this board.
Yeah and about 8 of those were laughing out loud at the decision. I will admit though, he has done a terrific job of stacking enough talent for a 1 year run at winning more than 7 games. I never saw that happening.

Idiot SuCkS fans are sooooo scared.

Brohm will be Louisville's next coach.

He very may well be. But I will tell you there has been talk about it not being a great fit at this time. I would prepare yourself just in case.

Yeah and about 8 of those were laughing out loud at the decision. I will admit though, he has done a terrific job of stacking enough talent for a 1 year run at winning more than 7 games. I never saw that happening.

1 yr run LoL.
So true.

House doesnt really mean anything. He may have never sold it because he was going to give to family for all we know.

If Brohm passes on UofL, he may be holding out for a bigger job like Auburn, USC or an NFL gig.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
House doesnt really mean anything. He may have never sold it because he was going to give to family for all we know.

If Brohm passes on UofL, he may be holding out for a bigger job like Auburn, USC or an NFL gig.
He’s not cut like that. If he passes it’s because he’s at a place where he wants to accomplished something, gave fans something to believe in and he’s sticking by his word. I wish Bobby had done the same but apparently he felt he did all he could for U of L when he left... a job half done.

Citing his relationship with Purdue’s AD and his wife having family in West Lafayette he decided the timing wasn’t right.

Who’s next?

1402813374008.jpg

Nobody in the Brohm family needs a house donated to them they can all afford to buy their own house.

He’s not cut like that. If he passes it’s because he’s at a place where he wants to accomplished something, gave fans something to believe in and he’s sticking by his word. I wish Bobby had done the same but apparently he felt he did all he could for U of L when he left... a job half done.
Could be very similar to Denny Crum turning down UCLA, he was comfortable where he was at and knew he could compete at Louisville.

Kinda hoping Purdue loses out only so we can end our waiting. If they win one more game we have to wait another month until bowl season is over.

Not 100% sure Brohm is coming here.
Reminds me of Dononvan turning down UK. BBN knew that was a done deal just like several on here say about Brohm. You just dont know. But Brohm aint saying a thing until his season ends. Gonna be an agonizing 2 to 6 weeks.

Kinda hoping Purdue loses out only so we can end our waiting. If they win one more game we have to wait another month until bowl season is over.

Reminds me of Dononvan turning down UK. BBN knew that was a done deal just like several on here say about Brohm. You just dont know. But Brohm aint saying a thing until his season ends. Gonna be an agonizing 2 to 6 weeks.

I'm curious to see how this plays out as well...because I would assume Jeff would bring the bulk of his staff with him to Louisville so if they make a bowl then he'll either have to coach in the bowl after already accepting the UL job or he takes the UL job and leaves staff behind to coach the bowl and join him later? I dunno....will be interesting and agonizing to watch over the next month.

Totally different - Donovan didn't grow up in Lexington, play at UK. It's never a done deal and no one is going to say anything publicly but there are a lot of back channels in these things and many more than normal in this situation since Dad and family members are connected to UofL anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT