ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm reported by KSR as UK OC candidate

Good luck to whoever it is convincing Mark Stoops a pass CAN be something more than a bubble screen or 3 yard dump off on third and six.

Some of us were mad about “not getting Brohm” home to Louisville in 2018. But obviously, there’s something up with the Brohm family and UofL.

Jeff could’ve come home, he said no. Now? Brian is flirting with the Big Blue. I know they were mad at Tom, but it seems they’re not on good terms with UofL as a whole.

Some of us were mad about “not getting Brohm” home to Louisville in 2018. But obviously, there’s something up with the Brohm family and UofL.

Jeff could’ve come home, he said no. Now? Brian is flirting with the Big Blue. I know they were mad at Tom, but it seems they’re not on good terms with UofL as a whole.
The story I hear on J. Brohm is that he hates UK so much, he resents a UK alum running UofL’s athletics. Regarding Brian, if he wants to move up in the coaching ranks, moving on from his brother helps in that regard. He’ll need to show he can do it on his own. I won’t have a problem if he goes to UK. Though, with Stoops’ defense first philosophy, being OC there could be a career killer. Shawn Watson is currently at Northern Iowa, for example, and he had Teddy running the show.

The story I hear on J. Brohm is that he hates UK so much, he resents a UK alum running UofL’s athletics. Regarding Brian, if he wants to move up in the coaching ranks, moving on from his brother helps in that regard. He’ll need to show he can do it on his own. I won’t have a problem if he goes to UK. Though, with Stoops’ defense first philosophy, being OC there could be a career killer. Shawn Watson is currently at Northern Iowa, for example, and he had Teddy running the show.

Jeff Brohm’s coach at UofL was a UK alum. Anyways, I do think it would be good for Brian Brohm to get some separation from his brother.

Jeff Brohm’s coach at UofL was a UK alum. Anyways, I do think it would be good for Brian Brohm to get some separation from his brother.
Good point, but time does change feelings and perceptions. I didn’t always hate UK.

I just find it odd they would want Brian not that i dont think he is capable. But knowing how his big brother operates. I don't think Brian was ever the main play caller. Sacrificing Gran whom i think was hand cuffed by Stoops for the most part is hands down better than Brian. Would be a down grade to be honest.

Brian would be best served moving on to some school like a Cincy ,Memphis level . Uk would be a big mistake fo alot of reasons he have that added unnecessary pressures placed on him and a very short fanbase leash. Hope he knows what he be getting himself into if he is chosen.

Maybe he see’s the writing on the wall for Jeff and it is not very favorable and wants to get out before the house crumbles. I wouldn’t blame him but I agree with you sUcK would be a bad choice for any offensive coach.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Jeff’s “hate” isn’t too strong, unless it’s due to UK not having interest in him. I think when Bobby was angling for that job in 2012, the Brohm’s were involved in the discussions as Jeff would’ve been the OC.

I know for a fact from a WKU booster than 4-5 years ago when UK was looking at dumping Poops, Jeff was kicking the tires on the UK HC job then too.

I can’t imagine Stoops would want to run the Brohm offense. For one they don’t have the right personnel. And two, it’s tough to envision a defensive minded coach wanting to go with an offense that has little concern for clock management.

I can’t imagine Stoops would want to run the Brohm offense. For one they don’t have the right personnel. And two, it’s tough to envision a defensive minded coach wanting to go with an offense that has little concern for clock management.
And allegic to the run game for the most part

As I recall Brain and their father weren’t happy that Jeff turned down the UofL job. As I understand it and as it was reported they were holed up in a hotel to discuss it and Brian and Jeff were at odds. Jeff wanted to stay at Purdue and Brian wanted to return to the Ville.

Reactions: BPGhost
I think it is a big risk/big reward job. If he is successful it will be a springboard for his career. The risk is Stoops not adjusting his offensive philosophy. Brohm doesn’t have much of a resume if this doesn’t work he may end up out of coaching.

This would be an absolutely moronic decision by brohm to go to uk to be the latest in a long line of OC’s that Porky Stupes handcuffs. All anyone needs to do is to take a look at each of Porky’s former OC’s in what they accomplished before and in some cases after, working under Stupes.

This would be an absolutely moronic decision by brohm to go to uk to be the latest in a long line of OC’s that Porky Stupes handcuffs. All anyone needs to do is to take a look at each of Porky’s former OC’s in what they accomplished before and in some cases after, working under Stupes.
I thought Neal Brown did well for them considering the garbage players he had to work with. He got a head coaching job and moved up.

Gran I remember with Suckerville at Cincy. Hey weren’t really that special in the AAC to be honest. I was hoping UK would keep him forever.

I thought Neal Brown did well for them considering the garbage players he had to work with. He got a head coaching job and moved up.

Gran I remember with Suckerville at Cincy. Hey weren’t really that special in the AAC to be honest. I was hoping UK would keep him forever.
UC in 2015 ranked No. 4 nationally in passing offense (373.1 yards per game), No. 5 in total offense (559.4) and No. 24 in scoring offense (36.1 ppg) during the regular season.

The UC offense set 18 school records during the 2015 regular season, including single-game team records for passing yards (620) and total offense (720) against Memphis. Individual UC records included most yards passing in one game (557 by Hayden Moore, against Memphis), most pass receptions in a season (90, Shaq Washington), most pass receptions in a career (Washington, 240) and most touchdown receptions for a career (Chris Moore, 26).

In three years under Gran and Tuberville, UC has posted the program's three highest marks for total offense: 6,137 yards in 2013; 5,982 yards in 2014; and a school-record 6,990 yards in 2015.

So maybe they were a little special. I mean not enough to overcome Porky Stupes’ special brand of offensive ineptitude but...

The next guy will suffer the same fate.

UC in 2015 ranked No. 4 nationally in passing offense (373.1 yards per game), No. 5 in total offense (559.4) and No. 24 in scoring offense (36.1 ppg) during the regular season.

The UC offense set 18 school records during the 2015 regular season, including single-game team records for passing yards (620) and total offense (720) against Memphis. Individual UC records included most yards passing in one game (557 by Hayden Moore, against Memphis), most pass receptions in a season (90, Shaq Washington), most pass receptions in a career (Washington, 240) and most touchdown receptions for a career (Chris Moore, 26).

In three years under Gran and Tuberville, UC has posted the program's three highest marks for total offense: 6,137 yards in 2013; 5,982 yards in 2014; and a school-record 6,990 yards in 2015.

So maybe they were a little special. I mean not enough to overcome Porky Stupes’ special brand of offensive ineptitude but...

The next guy will suffer the same fate.
Idk. That staff was bad at Cincy. They inherited a 10-3 team from Butch Jones. Went 9-4 the first 2 years and then down to 7-6 his last year

They ran the ball 49% of the time, so it seems he was a run heavy coach at Cincy too.

Only reason I knew this is because a Blue Neck relative was bragging how good he was when they got him and I put him in his place when I brought out the facts that he was trash.

Idk. That staff was bad at Cincy. They inherited a 10-3 team from Butch Jones. Went 9-4 the first 2 years and then down to 7-6 his last year

They ran the ball 49% of the time, so it seems he was a run heavy coach at Cincy too.

Only reason I knew this is because a Blue Neck relative was bragging how good he was when they got him and I put him in his place when I brought out the facts that he was trash.
Lol - 49% running is not a “run heavy” offense. Did you even read my post? They AVERAGED 531 yards of offense in those three years and well over 300 yds passing.

Porky thinks he’s woody hayes reincarnated. He’s handcuffed Dawson, Brown and now Gran. I’m not saying any of the three were offensive geniuses but, they were all crazy successful until Stupes got his sweaty d*ckbeaters on them.

Lol - 49% running is not a “run heavy” offense. Did you even read my post? They AVERAGED 531 yards of offense in those three years and well over 300 yds passing.

Porky thinks he’s woody hayes reincarnated. He’s handcuffed Dawson, Brown and now Gran. I’m not saying any of the three were offensive geniuses but, they were all crazy successful until Stupes got his sweaty d*ckbeaters on them.
I don't know, I mean they passed on us when they were able. It just seems to me they weren't able to develop their wideouts and QBs. He can force play calls, but anyone could see the QB development was not working and that is more on the OC and positional coaches. They were running an air raid and passed a lot more with Brown. Brown made a below average QB like Towles look pretty decent at times and then when he left they fell off. I'm glad he's left UK and they are stuck with Stoops, because Brown is a very competent coach.

Cincy & UK were pretty physical running games and relied heavy on the deep ball. Gran wasn't too hard to figure out, they were not gonna use the tight end or short passes. He wanted to just go deep to stretch the D and then eat clock with runs. Nothing too complex. Sirmonthorpe figured that out in 2017 when we stomped them bad, just force them to beat you in the short passing game and take away the deep ball. Their QBs and WRs just lacked situational awareness.

Brian isn’t ready, and may never be. There’s a world of difference in being a great college player and a great college coach. But he has to get away from Jeff to find out.

And Jeff has done nothing to stand out. He’s never had a defense at any stop.

He did good at WKU and not so hot at PU....and we want him forever? 🤷‍♂️

Satt did great at ASU and much better than expected here last year...and we argue whether he’s good enough for us?🤔

We need to remember ONE thing when griping about Satt not wanting to be here. Jeff Brohm doesn’t want to be here either. Or he would be.

Just as I said about Satt and the USC job. If he was “really”’worried about getting “home” would it be “worth it” to him to take a little bit less to get there?

And would that same thing not be true for Brohm? But JB used us to get another million a year.

That speaks volumes to me. He doesn’t want us.

Stand down Card nation those of you worried about Brian he is not going to be the choice . The Assist to the assist Coen of the Rams is the pick.

Moorhead was really the only candidate with a lot of experience. I really didn't know much about Coen and only the Brohm family.
Never can tell how this stuff works. The Rams offense is fun...but it is full of the best players in the world...NFL athletes. UK has been down that misery before...Mike Archer could never get a defense to work at UK...but was a certified genius pro coach.
The jimmys and Joe's can make a coach a millionaire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT