ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm interviewing Sunday with...

Purdue is the better gig. Big Ten trending upward. Big XII...not so much. Indiana has to replace their coach and ND was embarrassing this season. That leaves some recruiting pipelines open in their backyard.

With Texas hiring Herman, Jeff will learn all too fast that its UT and OU and then everyone else.

Brohm has ties to Indiana HS coaches, none to Texas ones that I know of.

He can't turn his back on interviewing for Baylor. I actually think Oregon is foolish for not looking at him. Purdue a better job than Baylor? I think not. The Big 10 may be trending up but Purdue football is not! You always have to have a floormat in a conference and the Boilers are currently that.

I can't see anyone wanting the Baylor gig. Their recruiting was gutted last year and looks to be again this year. There is still the possibility of sanctions, so that uncertainty will only further harm recruiting. You just aren't allowed enough time as a head coach when you have multiple recruiting classes gutted. My advice - run away from Baylor

Reactions: Mayoman
I can't see anyone wanting the Baylor gig. Their recruiting was gutted last year and looks to be again this year. There is still the possibility of sanctions, so that uncertainty will only further harm recruiting. You just aren't allowed enough time as a head coach when you have multiple recruiting classes gutted. My advice - run away from Baylor

They would have to give me a 6 year Contract...

He can't turn his back on interviewing for Baylor. I actually think Oregon is foolish for not looking at him. Purdue a better job than Baylor? I think not. The Big 10 may be trending up but Purdue football is not! You always have to have a floormat in a conference and the Boilers are currently that.

It's better right now due to all of the issues at Baylor. More stability plus it's in a better conference.

It's better right now due to all of the issues at Baylor. More stability plus it's in a better conference.

You have a point on the Conference...don't get Louisville fans started on that joke of a league...The Big XII-(Bevo League)...not the quality of play but that Conference leadership.

You have a point on the Conference...don't get Louisville fans started on that joke of a league...The Big XII-(Bevo League)...not the quality of play but that Conference leadership.

If Baylor didn't have the off-field issues, he should take the Baylor job hands down. That is a huge red flag at the moment in my opinion.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
It's a shame Cincy is not yet in a P5 Conference. I think that would be a great location for Brohm, and I'm already hearing Cincy speeded up Tuberville's resignation so they could make a run at Jeff.

It's a shame Cincy is not yet in a P5 Conference. I think that would be a great location for Brohm, and I'm already hearing Cincy speeded up Tuberville's resignation so they could make a run at Jeff.

Will they look at someone like Kerry Coombs?

If Baylor didn't have the off-field issues, he should take the Baylor job hands down. That is a huge red flag at the moment in my opinion.

The question I have...does or will Purdue upgrade their facilities to a Standard P5 SEC, ACC or upper B1G level and will they spend money on assistants...

The question I have...does or will Purdue upgrade their facilities to a Standard P5 SEC, ACC or upper B1G level and will they spend money on assistants...

That is the thought here. We're currently under construction with a $65 million football performance center and will soon make plans to renovate our stadium. We have a new AD who has said we will pay to being in quality coaches. So far it's all talk but he's already done something very un-Purdue like in firing a coach midseason. It sounds like we will be willing to pay north of $3 million per year for the right HC.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
News is now breaking Brohm has accepted the Purdue job, per Forde and Demling.

More than one way to get rich with football and the Brohm boys have put themselves right up in it congrats to them, i would rather coach than get my brains beaten in on the field.

I am very excited to see how Jeff fares against some of the best coaches in the business. Talent-wise, Baylor was the better gig. But from a competition standpoint, Purdue is.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT