ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and other ACC coaches must protest the performance of these Officials

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
It’s up to these ACC coaches to go public, regardless of the threat of retaliation by the Conference, by criticizing the ACC officials. It’s not just UL, nor is it confined to the ACC, as we have all witnessed bad calls across all of college football. However, even those TV analysts working the ACC games have been unable to avoid acknowledging the incredibly poor performance of these officials.

Jeff cannot do this on an island, he needs to reach out to his counterparts, as each ACC team is vulnerable to this pathetic exhibition by officials. This game is too big to allow such irresponsible performance by paid professionals who are dictating the outcome of these contests.

I may be incorrect, but one of the UL Administrators told be earlier last week, that ACC reviewed the SMU fumble call that was reversed, and acknowledged the revue process “got it wrong”, and the possession should have remained with UL. I believe it affected the outcome, yet there was no effort by the ACC to compensate UL for the injustice ……. arguably one that reduced the chances of UL qualifying for an ACC Championship. If there was any disciplinary action taken against those responsible for overturning that call, we have no way of knowing, as the ACC refused further comment.

Obviously that ACC revue had no affect, as the holding flag that was called against UVA, but picked back up after a brief discussion; may have been unprecedented in all of football. At least I have never seen a single instance before, where a holding call was called by an Official, only to be reversed.

It is so bad. I have never witnessed this level of ludicrous and stupid calls before.

I think a video of the 10 obviously incorrect calls in UofL games should be produced and sent to the league office.

For the upcoming game with Miami, it's going to be really hard to play 11 against 20.

It is well past gross incompetence. It is cheating. The ACC is obviously telling the head official which team must win the game.

Only issue with your idea is it’s only happening to Louisville in numerous occurrences in every game. I believe it’s planned by the league.

The other team’s in the league suffer some bad calls but not at the rate and consistency Louisville does and I watch a lot of games.

It is so bad. I have never witnessed this level of ludicrous and stupid calls before.

I think a video of the 10 obviously incorrect calls in UofL games should be produced and sent to the league office.

For the upcoming game with Miami, it's going to be really hard to play 11 against 20.

It is well past gross incompetence. It is cheating. The ACC is obviously telling the head official which team must win the game.
Funny thing is you can almost pick 10 from any ACC game plus ND Louisville has played in this year.

Reactions: Guardman
I’ve come to the conclusion that we don’t fit into this league’s Snobbery so we are the scapegoat for everything.
I think you’re on to something. The Big East was far better and I think we’re a better fit in the Big 12. But it is what it is and the Cards aren’t alone. It’s the old guard and against the new.

Word is that the refs have agreed to come out of the closet this week. For our game, the refs will eschew their traditional black and white outfits in favor of orange and green stripes. They stated that they just want to remove all doubt!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT