ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly laying down the law

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
If we can’t have fans at the Bowl Games, ND will not go. Good for Kelly!

Woah!!

A PO contender says they’ll opt out!

I like it.

ND is the one school with the money to tell the NCAA, and TV execs, to pound sand.

The young guys don’t remember, but ND didn’t accept bowl bids for years.

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
Woah!!

A PO contender says they’ll opt out!

I like it.

ND is the one school with the money to tell the NCAA, and TV execs, to pound sand.

The young guys don’t remember, but ND didn’t accept bowl bids for years.
I remember. Parsegian kept them out for a long time.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
After Clemson stomps on them this weekend who cares if they accept the bowl inv or not. It might as well just be the CFP.

If California were its own nation, it has the 6th largest economy on the planet. That’s ahead of the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Canada, and Brazil. I think they’d be just fine.

If California were its own nation, it has the 6th largest economy on the planet. That’s ahead of the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Canada, and Brazil. I think they’d be just fine.
They would have to provide for their own defense, immigration, trade, etc. they benefit greatly from being part of the United States. They would struggle. BTW, the rest of us benefit greatly from CA being in the union as well. It won’t happen. It’s a leftist fever dream.

Sports related (this one for you PH ;) ;)🤣 )

The NCAA has moved the game from the Rose Bowl to Arlington TX

That’s an economic (and PR I would think) kick in the gut to the enlightened, holier than thou bunch running that chit show.

I love it!

Sports related (this one for you PH ;) ;)🤣 )

The NCAA has moved the game from the Rose Bowl to Arlington TX

That’s an economic (and PR I would think) kick in the gut to the enlightened, holier than thou bunch running that chit show.

I love it!

The county the game is being moved to just saw it’s highest hospitalization rate of the pandemic and its second highest daily case rate. Staffing at hospitals is being pressed daily. Hopefully the vaccine stems that soon. Anyways, I find the situation sad, especially for my friends in the medical community. Not sure what about this shows enhanced enlightenment.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
The county the game is being moved to just saw it’s highest hospitalization rate of the pandemic and its second highest daily case rate. Staffing at hospitals is being pressed daily. Hopefully the vaccine stems that soon. Anyways, I find the situation sad, especially for my friends in the medical community. Not sure what about this shows enhanced enlightenment.
Hank, I don’t know the answer. Doctors argue both sides of it.

All I do know is, all the protocols and shut downs apparently haven’t helped since it’s spiking all over. OTOH, had we not done them how much higher would the numbers be? Would they be higher at all? Nobody knows.

I was careful, didn’t go anywhere but work, where ALL protocols were/are followed, and still got it. I couldn’t hide from it. Can anybody?

Can you hide from your mail? Or the Amazon deliveries that you pick up and carry right in your house because you were being a good citizen and staying home instead of going shopping? Your groceries that you had delivered?

“Herd immunity” may end up being the only answer, regardless the steps taken. That may be the only cure.

Nobody knows what the “right” course is.

They would have to provide for their own defense, immigration, trade, etc. they benefit greatly from being part of the United States. They would struggle. BTW, the rest of us benefit greatly from CA being in the union as well. It won’t happen. It’s a leftist fever dream.

not to mention having to cover the cost of relief of their annual fire show

Reactions: CardsFirst
Hank, I don’t know the answer. Doctors argue both sides of it.

All I do know is, all the protocols and shut downs apparently haven’t helped since it’s spiking all over. OTOH, had we not done them how much higher would the numbers be? Would they be higher at all? Nobody knows.

I was careful, didn’t go anywhere but work, where ALL protocols were/are followed, and still got it. I couldn’t hide from it. Can anybody?

Can you hide from your mail? Or the Amazon deliveries that you pick up and carry right in your house because you were being a good citizen and staying home instead of going shopping? Your groceries that you had delivered?

“Herd immunity” may end up being the only answer, regardless the steps taken. That may be the only cure.

Nobody knows what the “right” course is.

I know a lot of doctors and not one (many of whom are conservative) don’t argue both sides. I can’t hide from anything because I’m frontline essential.

The rest of the country should get together and remove their state hood status and let them be the foreign country that they are and want to be.
Hey I’m all for this. We won’t have to bail their butts out when they fail, because they’re in the process now. And we need to build a wall around them and not let one them in. We don’t want that crap to spread.

Reactions: Mayoman
I know a lot of doctors and not one (many of whom are conservative) don’t argue both sides. I can’t hide from anything because I’m frontline essential.
I’m not trying to argue, but if your Dr friends know so much, why isn’t this thing under control?

They can preach masks, social, distancing, and don’t gather...and the numbers are going up. People everywhere are wearing masks. Half the people in cars by their friggin self are wearing a mask. Bars/restaurants were closed.

In essence, what those Doctors are selling is not working. No matter how much they think it should be.

And don’t feel like the Lone Ranger on being essential. I’ve done it for 40 years and this virus found me.

And if your body is susceptible, and I hope it’s not, it will find you will too.

Probably because they are smart enough not to publicly address concerns that could have a negative impact on their careers and reputation. Especially when any contradictions are silenced with extreme prejudice

Nobody thinks the virus doesn’t exist, or that it isnt a kick in the pants that can be deadly if not treated properly. But it isn’t the public health emergency that its being made out to be, nor are the executive orders having an impact on the spread, because many being infected are following the protocols laid forth, like Rollem. Blaming any surges in infections on those not following protocols has no quantifiable data nor basis in reality. We’ve become all too familiar in the last month with the lengths individuals will go to compromise their own integrity.

15 days to slow the spread...

Last edited:
I’m not trying to argue, but if your Dr friends know so much, why isn’t this thing under control?

They can preach masks, social, distancing, and don’t gather...and the numbers are going up. People everywhere are wearing masks. Half the people in cars by their friggin self are wearing a mask. Bars/restaurants were closed.

In essence, what those Doctors are selling is not working. No matter how much they think it should be.

And don’t feel like the Lone Ranger on being essential. I’ve done it for 40 years and this virus found me.

And if your body is susceptible, and I hope it’s not, it will find you will too.
The biggest problem with the mask concept is only a N95 mask will work. Fabric isn’t going to stop a virus. But the reason the virus is spreading so quickly is because people are still gathering at their homes. This is why I think shutting down restaurants is ridiculous. If restaurants were the issue the numbers would have shot through the roof when they opened in the summer. But they did not. Bars are a different issue and could be a problem. But then again they opened in the summer and the numbers didn’t spike.
Both of my parents who are in their 80’s had COVID last month. They wore masks religiously and avoided people and as you put it the virus found them.

Reactions: Mayoman
The biggest problem with the mask concept is only a N95 mask will work. Fabric isn’t going to stop a virus. But the reason the virus is spreading so quickly is because people are still gathering at their homes. This is why I think shutting down restaurants is ridiculous. If restaurants were the issue the numbers would have shot through the roof when they opened in the summer. But they did not. Bars are a different issue and could be a problem. But then again they opened in the summer and the numbers didn’t spike.
Both of my parents who are in their 80’s had COVID last month. They wore masks religiously and avoided people and as you put it the virus found them.
The mask, even fabric, does reduce the projection of sneeze or other output and therefore is better than nothing. The virus particles travel in droplets, which can often be trapped by masks or at least must navigate a more tortuous path to reach the wearers face.
This virus is incredibly easily spread. - partly because of the manner of spread and partly because it can be spread by asymptomatic people, who may constitute up to 60% of the infected. It’s the latter point that I think is the cause of our struggles. So many have died, tragically, because so many have been infected. We don’t know, however who is infected. In many cases, the infected don’t know either.

“But it isn’t the public health emergency that its being made out to be,”

I’d hate to see your definition of a public health emergency that warrants significant consideration. And most of my doctor friends work directly with Covid patients and see the devastation to the patients and to the load on the hospital infrastructure.
So that informs their perception and reaction.

“We’ve become all too familiar in the last month with the lengths individuals will go to compromise their own integrity.”

This is a broad statement with many possible suspects. Not sure which individuals you are referencing.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
ADVERTISEMENT