ADVERTISEMENT

Bozich hating on Mack

Those three black resumes would hold up against any White coachs name on it. Without looking at the name on it. Now as far as what you as an AD is wanting for your school thats a personal preference if you want a coach for just NCAA tourney sucess then no these 3 might not fit the bill however their are plenty of White counterparts with much worse than this.

I say this because i am african american and i could care less about who the coach skin hue is . I just want a winner period. I started the tread talking about another White Journalist hating on a Whites coach so my motive has nothing to do with race on who is hired. I want Mack first and foremost cause i think hes a good hire . But don't get me wrong i also wouldn't be opposed to Shaka or Keats one dam bit. Because i do feel they are especially Shaka more than qualified to lead this school. These type of things bring ou peoples true feelings in life . Amazing some things in life just don't change!!

no keats. i don't want anyone tied to pitino unless it's donovan.

Bozich is simply using the black coach argument as a cover. He doesn't actually care if UofL hired a black coach other than Payne. He is friends with Payne and trying to push him into a job. Had he really wanted to push the fact that UofL should consider a black coach he would have mentioned more candidates. How do you talk about Payne who has no experience but ignore Keatts, Ed Cooley, and Avery Johnson plus barely mention Smart. They are all coaches you could realistically make an argument for and they are all younger than Payne with more experience.

He then contradicts himself because every argument against Mack could also be used against Payne. Since Cal came to Uk are games have gotten rougher with altercations between players. Payne is a part of that. Bozich said nothing. UK also had players named in the FBI report who were recruited by Payne. If those are red flags for Mack they are red flags for Payne and Payne has no history of winning to go along with them.

Anyone that is talking Kenny Payne as head coach at UofL with Payne’s current experience is clueless.

IMO there is no real homerun candidates available. I’ll support the new coach and take the wait and see approach.

This new coach is following Crum and Pitino. Tough shoes to fill.

We as a fanbase will need to get behind whoever the coach is with the understanding it may be somewhat ugly for awhile.

I’ll sit back and see how this one plays out.

The biggest concern about Payne I have is that Calipari has no coaching tree to speak of. The majority of the assistants under him that have gotten head gigs have been bad to horrible.
Because there’s nothing to replicate. The only way to replicate the success that sweaty cal has had is to recruit at the same level as the yuts have done during his tenure.

Antigua was considered every bit the recruiting ace that Payne is and what happened when he went to S. Fla? He didn’t - because of course he wouldn’t - recruit at the same level, his teams sucked and then he got in trouble with the ncaa.

I don’t know that Payne is ready to be the HC of EKU honestly but, he’s definitely not ready to be the HC of a top 20 program and when sweaty cal leaves - uofk won’t give him a sniff.

Don’t forget about the Egyptians too. If we can play an Egyptian player we can hire an Egyptian coach. Fair is fair right? Personally, I’d take an Islamic Militant over Kenny Payne.

Why? There are no serious and viable black candidates that I am aware of. Interview the best candidates, period, and if a black one is on the list then so be it. If we need to interview black coaches just because they are black, then I guess we need to be fair and find some Hispanic and Asian coaches to interview too.

Reactions: Cards007
Payne is a absolute wild card. Who the hell knows what he can do from a coaching or recruiting standpoint. He has to go to a NIKE school that is where all his connections are and then it has to be high profile enough to outside influencers to send him kids. That hasn't worked for any of Cal's assistants. I am sure Cal has been pissed that neither coach was helped.

This adds to the already confusing article because Bozich understands how recruiting works. Payne isn't a good fit for Louisville because all his recruiting ties are with NIKE.

I don't think we can say either way if he can coach or not. The fact he hasn't left to be a head coach supports your statement.

Payne is a absolute wild card. Who the hell knows what he can do from a coaching or recruiting standpoint. He has to go to a NIKE school that is where all his connections are and then it has to be high profile enough to outside influencers to send him kids. That hasn't worked for any of Cal's assistants. I am sure Cal has been pissed that neither coach was helped.

This adds to the already confusing article because Bozich understands how recruiting works. Payne isn't a good fit for Louisville because all his recruiting ties are with NIKE.
Bozich writes what Jerry Eaves tells him to write IMO!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
If Kevin Keatts didn't have such a huge buyout and wasn't tied o CRP he would've been the home run hire that would've satsifed most. Butch and Eaves tried coaching D1 both were great players who sucked at coaching so maybe that's part of the acrimony.

Maybe Bozich should ask his employer why there are no black sports columnists employed there.................

Reactions: jimmy5-11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT