ADVERTISEMENT

Boys in Blue are Blowin Up!

VA Card managed to capture some of the good ones before they took it down.
For your enjoyment.
Here's a priceless one from Dorkmaster

"We need to use our clout to have this shut down. We need to make sure KY tax dollars do not support them. It is insane we are not using the power of UK to stop EKU from selling alcohol during games and stopping the fleecing of KY tax dollars for ul football expansion.

What good is it to be the driving force in the state if you don't use your weight on occasions?"

And one from Bigbluecatnation:

"I hate it that they'll have a larger stadium, even if they don't sell it out ever or that it's not even by much. UK has a LOT more room to expand, as Papa John's is basically maxed out at this point. Hopefully Mitch will add just enough seats in the near future to to continue to have the larger stadium until we need to drastically make it bigger."

Mr Dork with amazing analysis!

"Ive driven by the ul facilities. They are a dog pit compared to ours. They sit everything right off the highway and no scenery. When you actually exit to go to the school it looks like a war zone of industrial buildings that are half shut down.

UK has beautiful land to grow on. We have the largest fan base in the country who pack Commonwealth and travel line none other."

Bigbluecat is still hacking away:

"Yet none of those facilities are even remotely close to being better than UK's".

The Godfather can't help himself:

"Honestly, UofL has a limited number of fans. There just is not much room for growth. The population simply isn't growing at a rate worthy of mention and UK has a perpetual strangle-hold on a significant portion of fans in the metro area.

The reality is that there is zero demand for more seats at this stadium yet Jurich wants to spend $50 million more on it. However, if UofL wants to incite an arms race with UK in terms of facilities, I beg Jurich to continue to do it. UK has more money to play with for these types of projects than UofL will ever have at their disposal."
Campcat hangs in TJ's social circles but unlike Tom, Camp has no agenda!

"To take it a step further I can guarantee that Jurich got this bug up his *** because of our renovation. I've said it many times in the past but Tom Jurich hates UK more than anything on earth. I've personally heard him say things he should not say in open company but alcohol has that affect on people. UL fans can bow down to him and continue to kiss his *** but the man is obsessed with all things UK. He is a huge jerk with an agenda."

Hayesforpresident is CLEARLY an insider!

"Guys... UK Athletics just spent $225 Million on Football... and you all are upset because Papa Johns now seats more than CWS?

What did you THINK Jurich was going to do? It was so easy for him. He got to spend a fraction of what UK just spent and it pumps up his fanbase and pisses off BBN. Be smarter than that.

PS - UK isn't even close to being done ye but I cant go into it because of my work... they've got money burning their pockets right now."Shutzhurd has more sense than the rest of BBN combined:

"Screw the stadium whining. Get a winning football team and let the "big brother, little brother" problem take care of itself. What a bunch of crap."

Kygrandpa makes his grandkids proud! (one of many posts dealing with the penis)

"Lu'eville will now open up a new penile extension hospital for penis transplants'.. It's only for show but no go. The head doctor (no pun intended) of this beautiful place is turtle neck.
I don't let this crap bother me, they know where the best place to go us, and that is why they are so envious,Little Brudder.
I will NEVER step foot or spend and money to support that tu school if you held a gun on me. They can put in gold plated seat's and it still could not change the perception of that place, still no 2.
GBB"OK, because there are so many of them, from Catfanforlife87:

"They have penis envy of our facilities so they got extenze. I'd expect nothing less from a little brother. The problem is they still have erectile dysfunction. How much good will that bigger penis do them if they can't use it? They'll still have penis envy"

In the "oh the irony dept", Sluggercat talking about uk putting chairback seats into Tin Can Stadium:

"MB told me that his plans are to have them in by the start of next season
1684152.png
1684152.png
1686521.png
1686520.png
"

Irony Dept, Take 2; from HTM5000

"also by the time ul gets their expansion stoops will have us up and running and we can box in the other endzone and get back ahead of them in 1 or 2 years. i think that would be the sweetest thing... let them brag about having a few thousand more seats and then immediately take that away and listen to them justify why it is no longer important."

Astute analysis from hmt5000:

"on most years they will struggle to fill that stadium more than 1 game. those of us who live in louisville will be footing the bill for this stadium just like the yum center and the several other ul building projects. i hate them more than i probably should because they are in my pocket when they shouldn't be."

homerblue leads us in a lesson of benevolence:

" I completly disagree. ul should not even be allowed to have an D1 football program. I would rather all ul assets be seized and handed over to UK and its campus razed."

jpfisher must have seen the inside of "New" Tin Can Stadium, apparently there will be a trailer park attached, representing the "aesthetics" of BBN culture:

"I'm more than happy with a new stadium that has a clean look, improved amenities for the dedicated fans that do show up, improved press boxes, and aesthetics that incorporate staples of our state's culture."Irony Dept #3, Jauk11 explaining why it's not a big deal that ukkk can't sell out its home opener in the "New" Tin Can Stadium:

"BS. Always hard to fill the stadium for lesser teams, and I really think there could/should be a very good crowd for the game."And finally, sluggercatfan panting for a bone....

"First off except for the baseball stadium UK doesn't have less facilities than Otis and as soon as the football renovation is done that little matter will be taken care of. Otis cannot touch the new practice facility that is being built. Erik Korem told me fan day that it will be a state of the art, one of a kind and the best facility in the country and along with the renovations to CWS coach Stoops says our fb facilities will be second to no one.
1686521.png
1686520.png

When I was alerted to their little meltdown around noon, this was by far the largest thread on their board, well over 100 posts in just a few hours. I can understand the Administrators taking it down - it was completely embarrassing for anyone that is crazy enough to follow ukkkk. What clowns!
Last edited 08/28/2015 2:27 PMby VaCardinal
Rate now:

UK didn't reduce seating because of attendance. It was a necessary evil to build suites and a state of the art recruiting room with a walkout patio to the student section. It was all student seating that was lost...
Strange how Jurich spends a quarter of what Brainfart spends, he gets more suites, club space, and premium seating AS WELL AS more overall capacity AND more student seating.

Maybe Brainfart needs to ask Jurich how to do one of these projects.

o_O

LPT Football: An SEC team doesn't ask anybody...

Reactions: American Male
I think it's kinda cute that UoK tries to compete in football instead of dedicating all their resources to their rifle and basketball teams. UofL fans should really start to pay attention to this emerging power, because maybe just one day, those little fluffy kitties will be able to compete with the two best teams in the state--UofL and WKU.

What an idiot.
Calling this guy an idiot insults idiots everywhere. I know some perfectly fine idiots. Homer doesn't rise close to the level of an idiot.

Corrupt Arena was built entirely with taxpayer funds. The proposed renovation of Corrupt fell apart when UK's president refused to commit any university funds, wanting a brand new arena, financed largely by the state and Lessington, built on campus.

The sad fact of the matter is that UofL will not be able to use Commonwealth of Kentucky bonds for this project because the state legislature would not approve bonds for an expansion of PJCS that will be bigger than Commonwealth Stadium.

This point is a great indication of just how far ahead Jurich has thought on this project. He made sure to ask for bonding for the expansion to 55K, because while the state legislature was reluctant to approve the bonds (delaying the open by a year) our stadium was still 15K smaller than UKs. We weren't threatening to overtake Commonwealth's capacity, so the bonding wasn't a political hot potato that it will be this time around.

This is why he will go for corporate donations, loge and suite sales, and likely a $5 to $10 per ticket price increase to pay for the expansion this time around. And it has also been about 20 years since he went before the corporate community and fans for funds to build/expand PJCS, so the fundraising should be a little easier than if he had went to the business community back in 2007-8.
Simply genius.
The man needs a statue next to Johnny and Teddy.

UK didn't reduce seating because of attendance. It was a necessary evil to build suites and a state of the art recruiting room with a walkout patio to the student section. It was all student seating that was lost. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Until Joker wrecked what Brooks was building our attendance was consistently higher than UL's. UK fans have always had solid attendance even in bad years. It took fans refusing to go to the games to force Mitch to fire Joker and pour money into the football program. Fans will pack the stadium again soon enough
CATFAN, as I have said on your board many times, until someone shows me with the plans I cannot believe they had to sacrifice as many seats as they did to get the amenities desired. Furthermore, the student section was simply moved and reduced in numbers; non-students are now sitting in the former student sections. There were not more than 200-300 seats physically removed for the recruiting groom patio. The great majority of the 6,000 seats that were physically lost were "good" seats along the home sideline.

And I agree about the UK fans; no fans have done a better job of supporting a poor program than the UK fans. When fans pack the stadium again there will be a lot more second guessing about a design that physically removed 6,000 seats. JMO.

Peace

Cough. It was really our money to begin with Homer. You boys don't generate a whole lot of tax money. And you've been suckling from our cities tit for too long. We can't help it your cities founders decided to locate it in the middle of a cow field. Try a major water source next time. In reality, Lexington is a burden for the whole state.
You guys are cracking me up. Seriously.

You guys are cracking me up. Seriously.
Thoroughbred sales and farms don't generate a lot of taxes. And college kids only have fast food money! You can pretend that grass is special...but it's not. I think it's time the state stops investing in that cow field. Money would be better off going to Owensboro.

Reactions: JohnCard28
There's a new thread over there cutting on Louisville every which way over the cj academic article today. Louisville is in the bottom of the ACC.......let the uk trolls sound off. They sure are concerned over things with us that have nothing to do with them.

Last edited:
There's a new thread cutting on Louisville every which way over the cj academic article today. Louisville is in the bottom of the ACC.......let the uk trolls sound off.

Yawn. not for long. The new academic neighborhood is part of the upgrade. The impact of which is in process as we speak.

the big blue journal was right on time with that Front page article about louisville being last in the acc academically, had to do something fast to tide over the big blue faithful who are literally freaking out right now. I guess the big blue journal ran out of hit pieces on president ramsey so they had to come up with something. Like that is breaking news, we all knew UofL wouldn't be at the top of the acc academically from the start, but the acc obviously has faith that the university in on the right track and that track is upward. I'm still amazed the progress this university has made and will continue to make, as usual screw the CJ.

Slightly off topic but it's wild to me that UK fans think the CJ is a UofL rag (remember the picture of Calipari as a baby?) and UofL fans think the CJ is all UK homers. Probably means they're pretty fair towards both schools.

Then again, I know how to use a computer, so I haven't read a newspaper in years.

Slightly off topic but it's wild to me that UK fans think the CJ is a UofL rag (remember the picture of Calipari as a baby?) and UofL fans think the CJ is all UK homers. Probably means they're pretty fair towards both schools.

Then again, I know how to use a computer, so I haven't read a newspaper in years.

So true...get my news off Twitter and FB and website links and you don't even need a computer...just a android or iPhone...lol

Why do they even bother to do interviews anymore? If the coach or player says anything the least bit controversial or unpopular they attempt to crucify them for having an opinion that differs from what they want.

And then factor in the double standard in the industry...Why is it that Volkswagen can have a commercial with three old ladies sexually harassing a young male?--That's not funny or cute...but if it was three older males harassing a young lady they would be crying foul, protesting. --" Hey, I sure would like to change her oil!" "Do those CANS need their air adjusted?"

UK didn't reduce seating because of attendance. It was a necessary evil to build suites and a state of the art recruiting room with a walkout patio to the student section. It was all student seating that was lost. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Until Joker wrecked what Brooks was building our attendance was consistently higher than UL's. UK fans have always had solid attendance even in bad years. It took fans refusing to go to the games to force Mitch to fire Joker and pour money into the football program. Fans will pack the stadium again soon enough
I am guessing that is why there is still 5000 tickets left for Saturday's game. Excitement my arse!! LOL

CATFAN, as I have said on your board many times, until someone shows me with the plans I cannot believe they had to sacrifice as many seats as they did to get the amenities desired. Furthermore, the student section was simply moved and reduced in numbers; non-students are now sitting in the former student sections. There were not more than 200-300 seats physically removed for the recruiting groom patio. The great majority of the 6,000 seats that were physically lost were "good" seats along the home sideline.

And I agree about the UK fans; no fans have done a better job of supporting a poor program than the UK fans. When fans pack the stadium again there will be a lot more second guessing about a design that physically removed 6,000 seats. JMO.

Peace

The entire stadium was reshuffled and nearly all of the season ticket holders were forced to relocate. The student sections were moved to the top corners of the stadium with the exception of some that are now in the endzone with the band and the recruiting patio. Just because the area lost wasn't physically in the studentt section doesn't have any bearing on whether it was their seats that were lost. Their sections were moved to worse areas and made much smaller. They should've used the tickets it's their own fault

Since ul has 55 million laying around perhaps they should pay the taxpayers back the money that you stole for the yum? Our basketball program, which I dont need to remind you is the greatest of all time, is playing in an arena that is in great need of improvements. Rupp Arena could not get proper financing from the state because of the scam ul ran to build the yum, and our team is forced to play in a venue that is not fitting for such an elite program. Now, all of a sudden ul has access to all this money after tricking UK fans into paying for the yum. If ul needs more seats for the UK game (the only time that place is full), it should rent some temporary bleachers and put them somewhere and give the money to the state to spend on a team that is truly deserving and beloved by the vast majority of taxpaying citizens in the commonwealth.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! FALSE!

Once again...you missed the boat. I feel no need to rehash for the 1000th time where the money is coming from, how the Yum! Center has nothing to do with your tax money and why uk is NOT the most deserving in the state. How much money has uk absolutely wasted from all of those years in the SEC? Why come here now whining and crying why your stadium and basketball barn need upgrades? I'll tell you why. Suddenly the school that's taken marginally from the state or a conference over it's lifetime is passing your school by and it hurts your lower regions. Just sit back and deal with it. The ones deserving are the ones who actually use the money for upgrades to facilities and not for throwing late night parties for the basketball team and other unreported expenses. Not really sure where all that SEC money has gone;).

We've proven that the money is going to a good cause by selling out the seats of the entire stadium 6 months before the season for at least the last 3 years while uk is reducing ticket prices the very week the season begins for a stadium that reduced it's seating capacity. Yeah...you mad bro.

By the way, I work at Humana's corporate office and there are no tickets being given out here either. Some have definitely been purchased but you can squash your lies on that one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT