ADVERTISEMENT

Bold prediction

Not at all the same. That was our only loss and it was to a top 15 team on the road. Our 2016 team was overrated based primarily on one win against an overrated FSU team and a close loss at Clemson. The collapse at the end of the year was embarrassing. Our 2006 team was very consistent and very good from start to finish. The loss at Rutgers was disappointing but not a disgrace by any measure.

That FSU team won the Orange Bowl. They had 3 losses - one of which was to us and one to the national champ. They weren’t exactly chopped liver. Yes, the end of the season collapse was very unfortunate but it doesn’t change the fact that we were right in the mix very late in the season.

The disgrace was in how the game was lost. The 2006 schedule as not nearly as challenging as the 2016's was. So, as you said,this means nothing considering how we finished. I agreed with that sentiment and applied it to the 2006 year.

Based on what? The SOS was ranked the same both years.

Looking forward to meeting Cards fans. I’m not as confident in a Cards win as you are. If history has taught anything, it’s that Bama destroys everything in kickoff classic-type games. I don’t know that we win by 31, but it’ll be a dominating win. Good luck this year and RTR

Reactions: jarheadky
I think we will have a better passing game than Bama, but they will eat us up on the ground
and thats where the game will be won or lost.

Alabama is going to destroy us. I dont trust this coaching staff at all to win a big game. P is what 1-11 against ranked teams since his return to UL.

The disgrace was in how the game was lost. The 2006 schedule as not nearly as challenging as the 2016's was. So, as you said,this means nothing considering how we finished. I agreed with that sentiment and applied it to the 2006 year.
Mic

Reactions: Mayoman
It does not matter, what fans think. It matters what the players believe. If the players believe that they can beat Alabama, then it can happen. If they do not believe then the game will be a loss. Stand strong and believe young warriors!

Bobby's record vs Saban when he was at Arkansas: 0-4. Here are the scores:

2008: 14-49
2009: 7-35
2010: 20-24. Arky had a 20-7 lead in the 3rd.
2011: 14-38

The spread is now Bama -24 to -25.5.

Good thing we aren't the Razorbacks who lost by an average of 23 points per game under CBP..

If history means anything at all in this game (IMO it does not) the Cards rolled the Tide in the Fiesta Bowl under CHS.

First game of the season...OOCG....CBP and Saban both with plenty of time to prepare for the game.....makes it off the chart interesting match up to me.

CBP stands to gain a lot of cred if he some how wills the Cards to victory over Saban's Tide, who is at the top of his game now. The stuff that legends are made of. Won't be long til the game kicks off and all of us find out the answer to a lot of question marks going into this season.

Let the games begin!

Go Cards!

I am a Bama alum whose grandson is the Cards kicker (Blanton Creque!) So ... with all our kicking griefs and his success at UofL I have caught a lot of grief from friends about him being a Card.

We are looking at one of our best teams ever. At the same time I believe the point spread is waaaaayyyyy too high! Our secondary is very talented but very inexperienced and with Pass and the Cards receivers, we can be exploited. IF and a BIG IF Cards OL can get Pass some time Cards will put points on the board. However, can Cards keep Bama off the board? Tua and our receivers, plus our RBs are legit! I'm thinking a score like 47-34 could be a reality.

However, I am hoping Blanton kicks the winning FG and beats my alma mater! I love Bama, but love my grandson more!

Roll Tide and GO CARDS!

I read that Alabama is returning just 3 defensive starters. I'm sure the 9 "new" guys are 4 and 5 star players, but experience counts for something. Combined with the fact they have no idea what they are about to see in terms of a revamped Louisville offense, there's an advantage, albeit, a slight one.

I am a Bama alum whose grandson is the Cards kicker (Blanton Creque!) So ... with all our kicking griefs and his success at UofL I have caught a lot of grief from friends about him being a Card.

We are looking at one of our best teams ever. At the same time I believe the point spread is waaaaayyyyy too high! Our secondary is very talented but very inexperienced and with Pass and the Cards receivers, we can be exploited. IF and a BIG IF Cards OL can get Pass some time Cards will put points on the board. However, can Cards keep Bama off the board? Tua and our receivers, plus our RBs are legit! I'm thinking a score like 47-34 could be a reality.

However, I am hoping Blanton kicks the winning FG and beats my alma mater! I love Bama, but love my grandson more!

Roll Tide and GO CARDS!
Thanks for sending Blanton our way! Best kicker since Art-O-Matic!

Last edited:
As red a my glasses have always been, I just can’t see a W in this one.

I can see a close game for a half or three (several teams have managed this), but superior depth talent will win out.

IF (big IF) we can keep their D on the field all day with sustained drives we may have a shot.....

But a lot of stars will have to align for us to win.

And yes, I’m going

I hate our current influx of fans with pussitis. Are we really afraid to play anyone? This program was predicated on balls and grit. Some fans have lost that.

All cards fans should be made to sit through one of those FSU type butt kickings we took in cardinal stadium then witness a Bevo beatdown as we ate texas ribs that day of the Fight.
Then they’d get a pretty good understanding what louisville is.
We aren’t even a cut below blue bloods but we are fiesty and don’t go down easy

Reactions: rcrequesr
I have great respect for Louisville and the program you all have built it a short time there, I just don't think that the Cards have the line play to match up with us. Unless Petrino got an influx of talent on the line from the last time I watched you all play that's what's gonna really decide the game in the second half. Bama goes two and sometimes three deep on both sides of the line.

What nobody is saying is that Miss St only lost to Bama by a TD. Miss St is basically Bama Lite when it comes to style of play and personnel. They have big and powerful trench players and they like to run the football. If our offense is close to last season’s offense and Bama is half asleep in the first half, then we may jump out to an early lead. Based off common opponent, it looks like we would lose by about 10-14. And keep in mind our defense couldn’t be any worse.

How many Alabama fans heads would explode if we (some how) win? Upset of the entire season??

What nobody is saying is that Miss St only lost to Bama by a TD. Miss St is basically Bama Lite when it comes to style of play and personnel. They have big and powerful trench players and they like to run the football. If our offense is close to last season’s offense and Bama is half asleep in the first half, then we may jump out to an early lead. Based off common opponent, it looks like we would lose by about 10-14. And keep in mind our defense couldn’t be any worse.

I'm not gonna say they didn't have a chance to win until they started playing conservative but your a little off on the rest of your assessment. Mullen runs a lot of RPO and spread, based on talent and depth Miss St. shouldn't have been in the game, Mullen done really good at in game adjustments and kept Bama from getting in a rhythm on both sides of the ball. If U of L has upgraded the offensive line they could potentially do the same thing although I'd like your chances a lot better if Grantham was still there, speaking of who just happened to be DC at Miss St. at the time. Good luck the Cards definitely got nothing to lose...

How many Alabama fans heads would explode if we (some how) win? Upset of the entire season??

I don't know about explode but it would definitely cause me to binge drink for several day...wouldn't be the end as long as we could play back into the CFP

I'm not gonna say they didn't have a chance to win until they started playing conservative but your a little off on the rest of your assessment. Mullen runs a lot of RPO and spread, based on talent and depth Miss St. shouldn't have been in the game, Mullen done really good at in game adjustments and kept Bama from getting in a rhythm on both sides of the ball. If U of L has upgraded the offensive line they could potentially do the same thing although I'd like your chances a lot better if Grantham was still there, speaking of who just happened to be DC at Miss St. at the time. Good luck the Cards definitely got nothing to lose...
Bama’s Offense with Hurts incorporated some RPO, and Miss St doesn’t really have a big 12 style spread offense. They seem to like to incorporate more power running. If anything their offense is sort of like Auburn’s. But Miss St is like Bama in the sense that they have emphasized the trenches. Hence their ability to play Bama close last year. They were very strong on both fronts. We are not really strong on DL, so that will be a problem, but I’m optimistic in our OL’s improvement and the personnel there. I think Bama lost some DL but it’s always next man up for them. Probably going to go something like
Bama 38 Cards 14 or
Bama 42 Cards 24

I have great respect for Louisville and the program you all have built it a short time there

We've paid some dues. It's been building for 33 years. It didn't start with the ACC.

I just don't think that the Cards have the line play to match up with us.

THIS is the key in every game for the most part, and will be the factor in this one. CBP likes QB's and WR's when IMO great OL's MAKE great skill players.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note....is there a QB controversy down there?

We've heard neither is happy, and Saban says he may play both.

Of course the old adage is, if you have two QB's you don't have any. But they both look good to me. It's just tough getting the team to buy in to two QB's.

Last edited:
I read that Alabama is returning just 3 defensive starters. I'm sure the 9 "new" guys are 4 and 5 star players, but experience counts for something. Combined with the fact they have no idea what they are about to see in terms of a revamped Louisville offense, there's an advantage, albeit, a slight one.

This is irrelevant, as they lose 5-6+ starters every year, usually at least half to the NFL. They had several injuries in their front 7 last year, which enabled a lot of guys to get reps. Bama owns 99% of the teams they play on both sides of the line. "If" we can get Pass some time and put some pressure on their QB, while not allowing their 3 stud RB's to run for 300 yards, we can be there in the end.

UL 17 Bama 35

This is irrelevant, as they lose 5-6+ starters every year, usually at least half to the NFL. They had several injuries in their front 7 last year, which enabled a lot of guys to get reps. Bama owns 99% of the teams they play on both sides of the line. "If" we can get Pass some time and put some pressure on their QB, while not allowing their 3 stud RB's to run for 300 yards, we can be there in the end.

UL 17 Bama 35

They didn't lose 5-6 defensive starters. They lost 8. Plus, they have new coaches and defensive coordinator. I've said this before on the national board, but it's never a good time to face this Alabama dynasty. But, they have a potentially divisive QB competition going on, as evidenced by Hurts' comments to the media. They are rebuilding a defense. If you ever want to face them, now is it.

They didn't lose 5-6 defensive starters. They lost 8. Plus, they have new coaches and defensive coordinator. I've said this before on the national board, but it's never a good time to face this Alabama dynasty. But, they have a potentially divisive QB competition going on, as evidenced by Hurts' comments to the media. They are rebuilding a defense. If you ever want to face them, now is it.

8 is more than 5-6, but my point is they played at least 20-25 guys critical minutes on D last year and 15 or so of those dudes are back. Their D will be stacked as it always is.

The one area that goes unstated is they have often struggled with a mobile QB and although Pass is 6'4, 230+, he's mobile.

Look, I hope we beat them by 30, but their O and D-lines, along with RB's are going to be as good as anything we see this year (except maybe Clemson's D-line).

We've paid some dues. It's been building for 33 years. It didn't start with the ACC.

THIS is the key in every game for the most part, and will be the factor in this one. CBP likes QB's and WR's when IMO great OL's MAKE great skill players.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course the old adage is, if you have two QB's you don't have any. But they both look good to me. It's just tough getting the team to buy in to two QB's.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything with the short time comment other than Louisville is not a traditional power but has been a stable program and I agree your program has paid some dues. Ive never believed the whole QB controversy Tua pretty much showed he's the starter in the national title game and from everything I've been hearing that's the case. Hurts comments only solidified this imo, if there's one thing you don't do to Nick Saban is criticize him with the national media ie .. Lane Kiffin... Hurts may stay and graduate but I don't believe you'll see him under center again, but then again I've been wrong before.

We also had some kids hurt that will be returning that have starts under their belt and a lot of our skill kids you seen making plays in the National Championship game were true freshman. Bama has the potential to be better this year than last.

8 is more than 5-6, but my point is they played at least 20-25 guys critical minutes on D last year and 15 or so of those dudes are back. Their D will be stacked as it always is.

The one area that goes unstated is they have often struggled with a mobile QB and although Pass is 6'4, 230+, he's mobile.

Look, I hope we beat them by 30, but their O and D-lines, along with RB's are going to be as good as anything we see this year (except maybe Clemson's D-line).

Your pretty spot on here I do think Petrino can make things interesting for a half anyway with the right in game adjustments and if he can play keep away

Your pretty spot on here I do think Petrino can make things interesting for a half anyway with the right in game adjustments and if he can play keep away

It won't be through keep away. When we score, we score fast and I don't see that changing. Has oftentimes been to our detriment.

Turnovers and penalties and special teams. If we win those three, we’ll be there at the end. Lose all three, and it could get ugly. I’m hoping tutu shows us something in the return game. Field position will be key for us. The bottom line is our margin of error is small, but not impossibly so. We need to have the attitude that we are going to win. Petrino is right- if you go into a game just hoping to beat the spread, you are in trouble.

It won't be through keep away. When we score, we score fast and I don't see that changing. Has oftentimes been to our detriment.

You have to control the pace of the game to beat Saban, I felt like that's what hurt Georgia in the title game Kirby went a little to conservative to quickly. While he no longer just tries to score the first points, even if its a field goal, get the lead and sit on it for 4 quarters he still uses the defense to set the tone for the game. In game adjustments and keeping control of the ball is big when trying to beat Saban. Georgia Southern wore us out I believe in 2011, had a bunch of rushing yards, using the triple option because of the ball control and pace they used. Good luck hope its an exciting injury free game for both of us!!

Reactions: Rollem Cards

We will have one QB! Tua!!! Tua loves Alabama and Bama loves his whole family! His teammates love him! His lil brother has already committed.

I saw Tua play over in Honolulu his senior year. There were about 30 people in the stands wearing “ROLL TUA ROLL!” T-shirts. Whenever I would tell folks over there how excited we were about getting him, many would say, “Wait until you see his lil bruh! He’s even better!”

ROLL TIDE and GO CARDS!

You have to control the pace of the game to beat Saban, I felt like that's what hurt Georgia in the title game Kirby went a little to conservative to quickly. While he no longer just tries to score the first points, even if its a field goal, get the lead and sit on it for 4 quarters he still uses the defense to set the tone for the game. In game adjustments and keeping control of the ball is big when trying to beat Saban. Georgia Southern wore us out I believe in 2011, had a bunch of rushing yards, using the triple option because of the ball control and pace they used. Good luck hope its an exciting injury free game for both of us!!
Agree, my friend! Fast paced offenses tend to give us trouble!

It's pretty cool the Cards are getting this game. I suspect Harris will run wild.

Obviously this is the ultimate measuring stick and Cards will benefit tons from this game.

We will have one QB! Tua!!! Tua loves Alabama and Bama loves his whole family! His teammates love him! His lil brother has already committed.

I saw Tua play over in Honolulu his senior year. There were about 30 people in the stands wearing “ROLL TUA ROLL!” T-shirts. Whenever I would tell folks over there how excited we were about getting him, many would say, “Wait until you see his lil bruh! He’s even better!”

ROLL TIDE and GO CARDS!
Gee, you’re just full of good news! :p

Good thing you can only play one QB at a time......what happens if lil brother is so good he beats out big brother as the starter when he shows up in Tuscaloosa?!?

That's pretty much everybody's most recent 4 game record against Saban. LOL. It just is what it is. I don't expect Baba to dominate but if that happens I won't be like "Oh wow didn't ever see that coming"

ADVERTISEMENT