ADVERTISEMENT

Bold prediction

I love the fact that UL is a 30+ underdog. Alabama had trouble with Georgia’s passing attack and our passing attack will be much more effective this year due to an improved offensive line, running game and an accurate pocket passer. Bama’s secondary didn’t impress me at all in the few games that I saw!

Last edited:
Based on points spread if UofL were to win it would be one of biggest upsets ever. I think Krags is top 10 on that list when Syracuse beat UofL.

Regardless of the point spread, I can’t wait to be down in Orlando for the game.

Reactions: earsky
Absolutely no pressure on us.

Other than hoping we don't get major injuries ala FSU.

Alabama ruined their season in game one.

Reactions: earsky
Our fb fans have become soft. Alabama has humiliated some teams on opening day in recent years but I say bring them on. Go compete. We can play them tough with s chance to win in the 4th quarter. Some have forgotten Bobby made his reputation scoring points against ANYONE.

Every season is different and last season has no bearing on this season. But 30 points is a lot of points

Let's see Mississippi State had Alabama beat with 3 minutes to go then choked late, lost by 7. We had them beat then choked late and lost by 4. 11 points. But hey, I'm good with 31, I'll take that spread all day long and plan on banking some serious coin with it. Howard sure wasn't afraind of anybody, CBP isn't either. Hell, let do it.

Reactions: STLNBSE
My biggest concern for next year is UofL’s defense. Third DC in 3 years plus the loss of at least 6 starters. The learning curve had better be quick for some new young faces.

That QB that won the NC for them worries me no matter who we have on D.

I was talking to a Bama fan in on the beach last week, and he's saying Saban says he's going to play both QB's, and this guy doesn't like that idea. He alluded to the old adage "if you have two QB's, you don't have any".

Everybody has problems and worries. Even Bama.

We get them early, before they figure it all out, and a ball with points on it bounces funny sometimes.

30 is a LOT.

Reactions: Mayoman
Still feelin' it. This is Bobby's super bowl baby.
If we have a showing like we did against 2015 auburn, I would be happy. However, this team has a lot more talent than 2015 Auburn. I am excited for our offense. If the defense is thoroughly pissed off about every news publication, pundit, and even fans digging them they may just come out with enough fire to pull off something crazy.

Yep, that's bold man.

But hey, we have a new QB and probably a whole new offensive scheme based around that new QBs skill set. So limited scouting.

Anything's possible.

Yeah, I believe this too. However, I think we’ll play a good game and lose a by fairly close margin that will raise some eyebrows acrosss the college football landscape. But what do I know. Just my own cotton pickin’ opinion.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

This might be the team that reminds us of the old Bobby Petrino, where the best defense is a high powered offense. I would love to win this game but I would be happy with good showing. If we lose to Alabam the first game in a close loss that is just as good as a win by the end of the season.

I know this as a fact god willing my butt will be in Camping World Stadium cheering on our Cards and I’m not waving any white flags. Go Cards!!

Reactions: rockycard and Deeva
Not to argue, but Joe B. Hall and Callimari can tell you about that “problem” better than I. ;)

UofL fan base and Fan Media by month:

Predictions:

May - 7-5
June - 8-4
July - 9-3
August- 10-2
September- 11-1

Predictions:

May - 7-5
June - 8-4
July - 9-3
August- 10-2
September- 11-1

SOS you’ve been reading too many uahkay cayut fan predictions for their so called team. On second thought, you just may be a cayut fan since you sound just like one of “them”.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Predictions:

May - 7-5
June - 8-4
July - 9-3
August- 10-2
September- 11-1
Hey, Sultan, we’re fans. Of course we’re unrealistic. Why aren’t you? After all, we’re undefeated so far.

I grow tired of hearing unrealistic expectations. Last year a week prior to season I heard at least two UofL sports radio show hosts predict 11-1. I mean cmon, you’re doing a disservice to the coaching staff and team by raising expectations to levels beyond what’s reasonable.

7-5
Beat Indiana State and WKU.
Win 3 of 4 against Virginia, Georgia Tech, Syracuse and Kentucky.
Win 2 of 4 against Florida State, Boston College, Wake Forest and N.C. State.
Lose to Alabama and Clemson.
9-3 is possible but so is 5-7.

It's the first game of the season and anything can happen. If the Cards are going to beat Alabama, the best chance is the first game. I like the OP's spunk!

Go Cards!!

Reactions: CardsFirst
Our fb fans have become soft.

I sort of agree but that is based on the new soft, kinder and gentler Bobby Petrino. Before, we felt anything was possible with him coaching us, and it was considering we were 3 points from playing Ohio State for a national title. We are so far removed from doing something like that now its not even funny.

I sort of agree but that is based on the new soft, kinder and gentler Bobby Petrino. Before, we felt anything was possible with him coaching us, and it was considering we were 3 points from playing Ohio State for a national title. We are so far removed from doing something like that now its not even funny.

The season before last we were squarely in the National championship hunt 2/3 of the way through the season.

Same could be said of that lose to Rutgirls too. Inexplicable.
Not at all the same. That was our only loss and it was to a top 15 team on the road. Our 2016 team was overrated based primarily on one win against an overrated FSU team and a close loss at Clemson. The collapse at the end of the year was embarrassing. Our 2006 team was very consistent and very good from start to finish. The loss at Rutgers was disappointing but not a disgrace by any measure.

Not at all the same. That was our only loss and it was to a top 15 team on the road. Our 2016 team was overrated based primarily on one win against an overrated FSU team and a close loss at Clemson. The collapse at the end of the year was embarrassing. Our 2006 team was very consistent and very good from start to finish. The loss at Rutgers was disappointing but not a disgrace by any measure.

The disgrace was in how the game was lost. The 2006 schedule as not nearly as challenging as the 2016's was. So, as you said,this means nothing considering how we finished. I agreed with that sentiment and applied it to the 2006 year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT