ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Miller

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Dodgers called up Miller today. He's ranked the #19 prospect. Could of used him this season.

I know, against my Braves. Hope he pitches 8 innings of shutout ball with 10 K's and the Braves win with a run off a reliever in the 9th.

He's the second former UofL pitcher to start against the Braves this season. Brian Hoehing about a month ago for the Marlins. Later in the season Reid Detmers may get his chance against the Braves.

Pitching to his fellow Cards teammate Will Smith, Miller gives up one run in 1st inning. His fastball hit 100 several times.

This really bites because I'm a huge Braves fan. Normally I would be pumped for Miller to shine in his big league debut, but now with the Braves down 3 runs, I need Miller to give up a grand slam.

Miller goes 5 innings giving up just one run and can get the win if the Dodgers hang onto the lead.

Threw 95 pitches and got some great defense to help him. He appears to still have that temper as he was shaking his head several times at the home plate ump. Those pitches were correctly called balls, so he needs to shore that up.

He shows a lot of emotion for a player making his major league debut. Impressive performance against one of the best teams in baseball.

But Reid Detmers will tell him, doesn't mean much at this level. Detmers threw a no hitter in his rookie season but this season he's winless with a ERA over 4.

Still, it was awesome seeing Miller pitch to Will Smith. Louisville baseball is representing well tonight as Smith has drove in the 4 runs for the Dodgers.

Against my beloved Braves.

Reactions: rh62531 and Vikcard
In 1977, I played little league for the Braves. I was so happy as I was a Dale Murphy fan as a youngster. There wasn't many chances to watch baseball on TV back then so my dad took me to Cincinnati when the Braves played the Reds.

My family were Reds fans and I was the only boy who wasn't. Needless to say, the Big Red Machine had their way with the Braves, so there wasn't much I could say. However, when the 1990's came around, things were a bit different.

The superstation (TBS) aired almost every Braves game and they became as important to me as my Louisville Cardinals. None of my friends or family liked the Braves and made fun of me when the Braves were losing a lot in the 80's. But, that all changed in 1991.

Today, baseball is not as important to me as it once was, but when Louisville became a baseball power in college, it brought me back to the game after a 10 year stretch of apathy. The Braves are back to being a dominant team and winning the World Series in 2021 was very satisfying.

Now if only Louisville can win that college World Series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT