ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self Signs Lifetime Contract

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Kansas men’s basketball coach Bill Self has signed a “lifetime” contract extension with KU, the school announced Friday.

The 58-year-old Self, whose current contract was set to expire after the 2021-22 season, has reached an agreement on a new five-year rolling agreement that automatically adds one year at the conclusion of each season for the remainder of his career.

I'm guessing KU didn't want history to repeat itself with Roy stepping down at UNC. I also guess they're thumbing their noses at the NCAA too.

Wow. I mean I like these schools giving the NCAA big middle fingers to the NCAA but this doesn't seem like a smart move. LSU sticking behind Will Wade? Sure...its LSU basketball, what do they have to lose? Nobody cares about it. But Kansas?

Reactions: shadow force
I think anytime you give a coach guaranteed money they don’t produce like they used to. You don’t have to worry about earning your money and you become complacent.

Reactions: shadow force
So Kansas in the last month Les Miles was terminated and the AD was terminated over the Miles fiasco. So how in the world does Self get a lifetime with NCAA hanging around his neck?

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT