ADVERTISEMENT

Big Time Tiger Hospitality...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
My wife just told me that a group of a dozen Louisville fans in Clemson tonite were out to dinner. Included members of the Central Cardinal Club. A few Clemson fans came to their table, welcomed and thanked them for coming to see the game. Just like the waitress already had.

As they were leaving, the group was told that the Clemson fans had picked up their dinner bill. Pretty cool story. If you're in South Carolina this weekend, go up and randomly hug a guy in orange...

Very cool story. Most Clemson fans are very cordial. But; Have you met Clemson Tom?

This fat fvck isn't a Clemson alum. Just a youtube wannabe. The fans you see at Clemson have paid a lot of their hard earned money to be where they are on game day...and are without question some of the best fans in the country.

Louisville fans are doing themselves a disservice if you're not making the trip to this game.

Reactions: CMTiger15
This fat fvck isn't a Clemson alum. Just a youtube wannabe. The fans you see at Clemson have paid a lot of their hard earned money to be where they are on game day...and are without question some of the best fans in the country.

Louisville fans are doing themselves a disservice if you're not making the trip to this game.
We are very well aware that all fan bases have nut jobs among them. I was unable to make the trip down for this or the previous game but intend to make sure I do in the future. The CU fans that attended our tailgate last year were wonderful people. Any UofL fans that have had interaction with you guys realize that.

This is my groups second trip. You're absolutely correct. Clemson fans are second to none, well right behind Card fans. But I look forward to spending the weekend with a fan base that's intense but understands the battles on the field. Here's hoping for a great injury free game!

I've been to several games back when I lived on the East Coast, and I had nothing but great experiences. The Clemson fans (in general of course) are very gracious and knowledgeable. Seeing a football game in their stadium is a must for every college football fan. It's hard to describe. It's an experience unlike any other I've been to. It really is a great time and the Clemson fans have a lot to do with that. I highly recommend the trip if you get the chance.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll take everyone's word for it. Clemson fan's are friendly, welcoming, cordial to all my Cardinal brothers. But, when we actually lay an "L" or two on them (whether it's this year or five years from now) will things change? I'd be willing to bet that things will not quite be the same.

It's one of the things I respected most about Denny Crum and respected least about Bobby Knight. Crum always treated the post game handshake the same, win or lose. Not Knight, if he won he would stop, have a few words for the guy who just got his ass kicked and pat him on the back. But, when Bobby lost a game he'd do the ole "shake and keep walking", he'd never broke stride. Only cordial if he won!

So, let's wait to induct the Tiger fanbase into sainthood until we witness their behavior after a loss! Will they be Crum or will they be Knight?

Ok, I'll take everyone's word for it. Clemson fan's are friendly, welcoming, cordial to all my Cardinal brothers. But, when we actually lay an "L" or two on them (whether it's this year or five years from now) will things change? I'd be willing to bet that things will not quite be the same.

It's one of the things I respected most about Denny Crum and respected least about Bobby Knight. Crum always treated the post game handshake the same, win or lose. Not Knight, if he won he would stop, have a few words for the guy who just got his ass kicked and pat him on the back. But, when Bobby lost a game he'd do the ole "shake and keep walking", he'd never broke stride. Only cordial if he won!

So, let's reserve inducting the Tiger fanbase into sainthood until we witness their behavior after a loss! Will they be Crum or will they be Knight?
That's a good point. I was never there after a home loss. I have no idea how Clemson fans react after a home loss. It doesn't happen very often. Hopefully we'll get to find out tomorrow night. ;)

I just want to know why he didn't blow his dang nose before posting his video? He loves him some snot.

I predict he will be wiping his tears off of his beautiful homemade belt later Saturday night.

Good luck Clemson on a respectful and injury free game but we are not coming in your house to lose this time. We owe you.

GO CARDS!!!!

So, let's wait to induct the Tiger fanbase into sainthood until we witness their behavior after a loss! Will they be Crum or will they be Knight?
Why don't you come see for yourself. You'll love Clemson

That's a good point. I was never there after a home loss. I have no idea how Clemson fans react after a home loss. It doesn't happen very often. Hopefully we'll get to find out tomorrow night. ;)
Well, they are not very cordial to their Gamecocks rivals, but again it's because they are rivals. Once we beat them Saturday and pose a threat every year, then we may get the respect of being a rival.

Well, they are not very cordial to their Gamecocks rivals, but again it's because they are rivals. Once we beat them Saturday and pose a threat every year, then we may get the respect of being a rival.

There is a difference with an instate Rival with 100+ years of bad blood. You guys understand that, of course. Even with the gamecocks, most Clemson fans put a good foot forward. The tolerance is a little weaker for them, but I think we try to keep it friendly as a fan base until given a reason we shouldn't. We had several of you guys stop by our tailgate last year and had great conversations. We needed a strong addition to the conference and we caught lightening in a bottle with Louisville. I hope we take it to you guys tomorrow night, but either way, I'll still be shaking hands with Card fans on the way out, especially if they are as classy as two years ago. See you in Clemson...Go Tigers!

Juzt ignore him, because every fan base has a village idiot! ;)

Reactions: CMTiger15

My reply to this is it would depend on how the victors handle themselves. You should win with class and lose with class. There's the "SEC" way and the way it should be. If Clemson wins we will be excited, celebratory, but will not gloat to disappointed Cards fans or trash your team. If we lose we expect Cards fans to be pumped, but do not expect to hear derogatory trash talk about Clemson. We don't like to lose, but sometimes you do and we'll play every year. Let's keep this growing rivalry classy and avoid the "SEC" behavior. Go Tigers!

I can remember being in Anderson SC in the 80s when i was in my early 20s walking into a bar to get a beer which was next to the hotel it was clearly a public place but when me and a few of the guys who were working there with me who were also young walked in the door a older guy looks us up and down and says this is a private club you guys can't be in here so i ignored him and asked the bartender is that true we can't get a beer? his response was "i don't want to get involved" so i said "so basically you don't want to sell us a beer because the 2 or 3 customers you have in here don't want us here, thats fine we will leave i don't want to be here anyway. So there is also the other side who lives there as well.

You guys will come away from Clemson talking about how gracious the fans are. The best football crowd in the ACC, bar none.

There is something about SC hospitality ..........it is real. Clemson fans stay humble despite their success in FB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT