ADVERTISEMENT

Big News Coming Tomorrow Morning

You the d*ckhead. Did this while already on probation.Looking at the death penalty.

Your an idiot. There will be no death penalty. This is huge and the fact that another company was mentioned and the fact coaches, managers, and agents were arrested. They will start to flipping each other and no telling how far and wide. And when these athletes start getting identified and the IRS gets involved they’ll start flipping people. See where I’m going. Anyone with half a brain should keep their mouth shut no telling what’s schools are involved. No go back to your damn board and figure out how your going to lose to UF next year.

Reactions: Deeva and BPGhost
I would bet Pitino gone for certain and much of the staff. And rightfully so.
Less certain on what Jurich's fate will be.

It is clear that this is an ongoing investigation and will be far reaching. The FBI is not inept like the NCAA is and much will be exposed in the coming days and weeks. If a player of Bowen's caliber is getting money from shoe companies to go to certain schools do you think they're not going to look and see where the top one or two recruits for the last few years went and why they chose that school?
The face of college basketball is about to change radically!

I'm hearing David Padgett announced as interim coach tomorrow. But who knows? The winds are changing fast.

If we can somehow stabilize for the year, the investigation will broaden in scope and the NCAA will be forced to deal with such a large number of member institutions, they may slap all on the wrist and be forced to "reset". They can't afford to nuke the whole goose. Why do you think it took the FBI to get involved?

I'm hearing David Padgett announced as interim coach tomorrow. But who knows? The winds are changing fast.

If we can somehow stabilize for the year, the investigation will broaden in scope and the NCAA will be forced to deal with such a large number of member institutions, they may slap all on the wrist and be forced to "reset". They can't afford to nuke the whole goose. Why do you think it took the FBI to get involved?

Coach Padgett is actually going to have a nice team to coach next year. After that, not so great.

Well, he'll likely be only coach left. So, that makes sense. Can't say I love it, but f*** it. Insane times in Card Nation

He may be able to coach any team he wants by the beginning of the season as i think many D-1 coaches will be gone.

Reactions: Deeva
Any thoughts on what this means for Bowen staying in Louisville? I'd say the best possible scenario is that he's released from his commitment. Likely the recruits for 2018-19 go elsewhere.

Your an idiot. There will be no death penalty. This is huge and the fact that another company was mentioned and the fact coaches, managers, and agents were arrested. They will start to flipping each other and no telling how far and wide. And when these athletes start getting identified and the IRS gets involved they’ll start flipping people. See where I’m going. Anyone with half a brain should keep their mouth shut no telling what’s schools are involved. No go back to your damn board and figure out how your going to lose to UF next year.

I seriously doubt there will be a death penalty. The economic repercussions are so severe for the school, city, ACC and NCAA. I believe politicians would get involved because of the Yum center if necessary. That being said, a person is not an idiot for suggestions it at this point. We're pretty far down the rabbit hole right now.

Reactions: catmanC15
IF all of this turns out to be true and a Louisville assistant is actively involved, Rick is gone and the death penalty is completely justified. No one can make the argument that the program is not completely out of control.

I've been a Cards fan since the 70's. I've spent the last few years literally being embarrassed by things happening in the program. I'm sick of feeling that way about my team. Shut it down for a year and reboot is better than how I view this program right now.

IF all of this turns out to be true and a Louisville assistant is actively involved, Rick is gone and the death penalty is completely justified. No one can make the argument that the program is not completely out of control.

I've been a Cards fan since the 70's. I've spent the last few years literally being embarrassed by things happening in the program. I'm sick of feeling that way about my team. Shut it down for a year and reboot is better than how I view this program right now.
Solid post and objective thinking. My father is a UL fan (split household) and he feels the same way.

If no death penalties for any of the school so far known to be in the FBI findings, then all coaches involved the specific asst's busted and the head coaches responsible at all schools wit solid evidence found need to be given 10 year show causes and not be allowed to coach in an NCAA institution during that time.

I get not wanting to punish or financially ruin a program or institution but their has to be something done to act as an actual deterrent from this being done in the future.

And then they need to revamp the whole thing. These kids are not amateurs, they help generate billions and they deserve to make more than a scholarship/room&board/training.

Well, I think it is inconceivable that "only" five schools and a handful of kids are involved. Given the amount of money at stake for the shoe companies, they are not going take the chance that a rifle shot will score. At $100k per kid, I suspect this was more of a shotgun approach.

I don't wish ill on anyone, but other schools are likely going down as well and not just Addidas schools.

Everyone who knows me knows I have never been a fan of Pitino. I believe this is the first time since he was hired I have posted anything on the b-ball board. But I didn't want his departure to come this way. Not good for the school or the city. Nonetheless, I can't see how he can survive this. If this were the first, or second, or third scandal ... maybe. But this on top of already-pending sanctions? No chance.

Agreed. Said the same thing. This may be too wide ranging to hammer all of the institutions involved.

I have always been an advocate of big financial penalties for coaches, not the institutions. CRP should have been fined a cool million for strippergate, but wins should only be vacated if the outcome was directly affected (point shaving, e.g.). Big dollar fines would clean this up fast IMO.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Damn you guys are cold blooded he did win a title for you guys that can't be undone

Looks like Rick is out

I really doubt that. He hasn’t been named in any of this. His attorney released a statement tonight. He will not be resigning. Without some sort of proof he was involved, they can’t just fire him.

I really doubt that. He hasn’t been named in any of this. His attorney released a statement tonight. He will not be resigning. Without some sort of proof he was involved, they can’t just fire him.

UL will owe Rick something like 30 million to fire him. I think UL will wait for the NCAAs come out with the major violations than fire Rick for cause so they don't have to pay him. So Rick will stay around for awhile. Rick could settle for a settlement and get some money and resign/retire tomorrow.

@JimboBBN Hey man, I'm still around, just stopped posting on the main board about a month or so ago, too much political banter and weak trolling for my taste. Was funner back in the day. Couple that with the news today, and whew. I'm good. I got LST to blacklist me in mid-August. However I still read the board occasionally. Hope you're good bud.

Reactions: JimboBBN

First of all you can fire someone whenever you want. Secondly he will argue that he was fired without cause. I think most reasonable people would argue that an FBI investigation into his program while already facing major NCAA sanctions would satisfy the "with cause" requirement to not have to pay the $19m owed to him otherwise. If he were truly L1C4, he'd resign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT