ADVERTISEMENT

Between Stoops at UK, Brohm at PU and Neal at WVU

Nov 25, 2018
Satterfield is in big trouble when it comes to recruiting in the state of Kentucky.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mark-story/article224023720.html

These kid don't know who Satterfield but they all know Neal, Stoops, and Brohm.

At least Hoosier nation will get the help it desperately needs from Neal/WVU that it can't get from UL.

And before you delete this, know that I live and work as an operator in the Louisville area and follow Kentucky HS very closely.

Satterfield is in big trouble when it comes to recruiting in the state of Kentucky.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mark-story/article224023720.html

At least Hoosier nation will get the help it desperately needs from Neal/WVU that it can't get from UL.

And before you delete this, know that I live and work as an operator in the Louisville area and follow Kentucky HS very closely.
We don’t really need to recruit Kentucky other than here in Louisville. I do believe that we will be a heavy Florida/Georgia based roster, like what we were with Strong.

ALL of those coaches had to make a name for themselves and establish a culture before ANYBODY "knew who they were". I have great confidence in the coaching staff to establish great relationships in Kentucky high school recruiting circles. But, the relationships our recruiting staff already have in the south, most importantly Florida, are the more critical ones.

Ok UK troll.....you do realize that the state of KY usually has awful in state talent ? There were a few in the past years but that was a rarity.

Nobody, and I mean nobody is scared of Stoops as a football coach or of Indiana as a football program.

Louisville will no longer lose out for not trying to recruit KY high school athletes. The one thing they can offer much like Stoops did in his first couple of classes is early playing time. Plus, who wants to play at WVU and travel thousands of miles in the Big 12-2?

IU-Bloomington isn’t even the best football program in Monroe County. Bloomington South High School is...

Last year was an anomaly for Kentucky recruiting...a lot of in-state and Louisville prospects with elite talent. If you had talent like that every year, it would be super important for both school to lock them down...but alas that's not the case.

Louisville traditionally builds it's roster with Florida talent and the top 2-3 guys out of the city. Kentucky has started filling its roster with guys from Ohio and a mix of Florida/Georgia guys. The Kentucky kids usually don't pan out like their star ratings say they will...usually due to lack of competition. The Louisville kids playing 6A and nationally recognized teams are easier to evaluate.

Brohm was getting the kids UofL and UK weren't looking at. At WKU, he was getting the best in-state guys and they were great for CUSA ball...but UK and UofL couldn't win with those players. Of course there are diamonds in the rough, but those type of guys are at every program. He pulled 3 kids from Hopkinsville that he originally wanted at WKU and they followed him to Purdue and only got Rondale because Bobby didn't even recruit him.

Last year was an anomaly for Kentucky recruiting...a lot of in-state and Louisville prospects with elite talent. If you had talent like that every year, it would be super important for both school to lock them down...but alas that's not the case.

Louisville traditionally builds it's roster with Florida talent and the top 2-3 guys out of the city. Kentucky has started filling its roster with guys from Ohio and a mix of Florida/Georgia guys. The Kentucky kids usually don't pan out like their star ratings say they will...usually due to lack of competition. The Louisville kids playing 6A and nationally recognized teams are easier to evaluate.

Brohm was getting the kids UofL and UK weren't looking at. At WKU, he was getting the best in-state guys and they were great for CUSA ball...but UK and UofL couldn't win with those players. Of course there are diamonds in the rough, but those type of guys are at every program. He pulled 3 kids from Hopkinsville that he originally wanted at WKU and they followed him to Purdue and only got Rondale because Bobby didn't even recruit him.

UL/UK wanted Milton Wright pretty badly I’d guess. I don’t think it’s the only reason Purdue got Rondale. It helped but don’t think it was the end all be all.

Reactions: CardCasey
UL/UK wanted Milton Wright pretty badly I’d guess. I don’t think it’s the only reason Purdue got Rondale. It helped but don’t think it was the end all be all.
With a competent Louisville coaching staff from a recruiting perspective in place...no one will leave that city.

Reactions: American Male
Purdue got Rondale because Louisville didn’t recruit him. Satterfield was too late on the scene to get Wright. You guys have your 6 million dollar man, we have a very good coach that has compiled a great staff. Win win for both, especially a WIN for Brohm’s agent.

I won't look at the data unless asked, but I assure you, since 2000, neither Perdue, UK nor Indiana can hold UL's jock, regarding success. WV maybe...

Brohm got those players because the idiot making 5 million a year didnt bother to visit the local high school campuses the last 3 yrs.

Theres a new sheriff in town-Coa h Satterfield will lock down Jefferson county.

So your saying Milton Wright will be the last recruit Brohm will pull from Louisville. Okay....
Not the last...but I would bet Louisville will get most of the top dogs in Louisville from here on out. They've made a commitment in their staff and organization that they need the few top guys in their own city...and they won't ignore kids and not visit their schools.

You really think there’s that much of a difference between an hour flight and a 2 hour flight?
All of the flights are two hours plus - not including getting to and from the airport and to and from the athletic venues.

Let’s see Brohm is the only threat and once Satterfield gets going that will fade.

Stoops will fall back to his rightful place next year as the SEC begins to get back to normal. And many of the players they ended up with from JC would have ended up at UofL had Petrino a actually recruited.

Brown well Satterfield owns him and most athletes know that.

Satterfield is known through the county so don’t fool yourself. He’s building a strong coaching staff. And do not underestimate the players we already have on our roster. Neither SuCk or Purdue make me nervous and neither does Brown. Actually Brown is more likely to snatch players from Ohio that SuCk might have gotten.

He got a promotion with WVU, good for him.

How’s the cross country travel going for your athletic teams? Lol
You really think there’s that much of a difference between an hour flight and a 2 hour flight?

Something must be up you lost your coach to Houston not even a P5 school. That’s priceless lol.

Two of the new assistant coaches have significant experience in Boyle county and surrounding areas. Both were HS coaches in that area which will open many doors for in-state talent.

This. Kentucky usually has 5 or 10 players listed by Rivals, with 2 or 3 for star players. Last year Kentucky had fifteen players listed with 7 or 8 four star players.

What this means is everyone will get KY players, but no one will dominate KY recruiting. Even If a school dominated KY there aren't enough studs to make a significant difference. Last year was loaded no doubt. Louisville has to get the best players out of Louisville, but it not realistic to think they will land them all.

The staff just can't be stupid about recruiting KY.

Plus, who wants to play at WVU and travel thousands of miles in the Big 12-2?
Kids that actually want to compete for conference championships.

Apparently your running backs coach wants to come along as well.

Yeah and how’s that turned out for you? Lol He is a friend of Browns and when you say ours he wasn’t here 2 weeks. No great loss. But once again we didn’t lose a coach to a non P5 school. You can’t freaking hide that. Apparently he didn’t see any value of being in that he$$ hole called Morgantown. Lol

Kids that actually want to compete for conference championships.

Apparently your running backs coach wants to come along as well.
C'mon man, your coach left WVU, on his own, after 8 seasons for a Non-P5 HC job. You're not in the position to be mocking anybody for "losing" a coach to another program.

For some reason Ive always respected WVU as an athletics program. I have no problem with them at all....and quite frankly, I like Huggy bear.

The other two teams have not done jack squat in my lifetime...UK had a good season for them this year, but it was on par with UofL most seasons in the last 10 years. Youd think they won the damn title.

Purdue....well, ho the hell are they....didn't know anything about them until our boy went there to coach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT