ADVERTISEMENT

Benny Snell Junior. You are UK football..

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
thanks Barney for the evidence. Old story, we’ve all heard before..... talented Slappy player goes all “Slappy” and does something stupid to give the game to an opponent who fell asleep playing such a boring team.

Barney Jr was heard mumbling some ‘Louisville sucks’ references as they drug him to the locker room. #34idiots#26ForeverUK

Reactions: zipp and Senore2006
Ridiculous call by an official compounded by a nearly as ridiculous ejection of Northwestern best linebacker on a 'targeting' call.

Jones and Ware we're not kicked out of a game where they went crazy horse and Snell gets kicked out for pushing the officials hands away when the official went to pick him up.

Just consistency on the rules guys.

Ridiculous call by an official compounded by a nearly as ridiculous ejection of Northwestern best linebacker on a 'targeting' call.

Jones and Ware we're not kicked out of a game where they went crazy horse and Snell gets kicked out for pushing the officials hands away when the official went to pick him up.

Thin skin refs are now just an unfortunate fact but it’s not a far stretch to imagine Snell saying “GTFOff me” or something of the kind. That’s not ok and never should be.

Hard to imagine any of Stoops’ players acting like punks.:cool:

Only in America that UofL and Thin Skinned Refs get blamed for a UK player getting kicked out of a game for a Thug move by touching a Ref, which no matter the circumstance is not allowed. Who was that psycho who tired to fight Lamar during UofL beat down of UK. Thug/Punk should have been kicked out of that game and wasnt.

The only rule that WAS acted on correctly yesterday WAS the dismissal of Snell. You cannot lay your hands on an official in a manner that is disrespectful, EVER. In reality, even if his reaction was against an opposing player it should have resulted in a 15 yard penalty. You cannot compare one call versus another simply because they are always totally different circumstances. You uahkay fans really need to stop with the blaming the officials every time you lose a game. Your dufose of a football coach lost that game yesterday, period.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I watched the video several times. The ref was not attempting to assist Snell. The ref was reaching for the ball. Snell released the ball and then pushed the refs arms away.

Seems like this kid has a super strong passion for himself along with his passion for football. He’s good but jeez, grow up, kid.

The only rule that WAS acted on correctly yesterday WAS the dismissal of Snell. You cannot lay your hands on an official in a manner that is disrespectful, EVER. In reality, even if his reaction was against an opposing player it should have resulted in a 15 yard penalty. You cannot compare one call versus another simply because they are always totally different circumstances. You uahkay fans really need to stop with the blaming the officials every time you lose a game. Your dufose of a football coach lost that game yesterday, period.

The crazy part was Pat Fitzgerald literally tried to hand UK the game on a silver platter...

Seems like this kid has a super strong passion for himself along with his passion for football. He’s good but jeez, grow up, kid.

Again - kid is a complete punk. He obviously talked shit to the ref otherwise he would have told the truth in his “interview”. Thinks he’s marshawn lynch with those dumbass answers. stoops making him available to speak to the media without monitoring the situation just shows what a complete lack of control he has over the players.

Again - kid is a complete punk. He obviously talked shit to the ref otherwise he would have told the truth in his “interview”. Thinks he’s marshawn lynch with those dumbass answers. stoops making him available to speak to the media without monitoring the situation just shows what a complete lack of control he has over the players.
Instead of groveling before a 20 year old (going on 15), it would have been cool to see every media person turn around and walk off after the 2nd goofy “I have a lot of passion for football”.

Reactions: Deeva and BPGhost
Of course he said something to the ref. Like you said, had he been innocent he would have said it. The fact he tried to be cute after the fact only reinforces his guilt.

Reactions: Deeva and BPGhost
Every media guy in the country has stated that the call was ridiculous. From Sports personalities to politicians to late night talk show hosts. The official should be suspended for making such a stupid and ridiculous call.
Even politicians and late night talk show hosts?? Wow, I’d better rethink my position.

You’re a clown. snell obviously talked shit in while making contact in a disrespectful manner and was rightfully tossed. Don’t recruit punks and stuff like this - and all of the nonsense that 34 & 35 do - wont happen.

Ref was asked after game if Snell said anything. Ref said no. Nothing was said
Hey Mr. 1st post - Did you even watch the game or are you being intentionally obtuse? Watch the reply - snell is working his mouth the whole time. Pretty much the way he does every second of every game he plays.

There’s nothing to gain by the ref saying what snell said - he took the classy approach. Maybe the yuts could try it sometime.

Every media guy in the country has stated that the call was ridiculous. From Sports personalities to politicians to late night talk show hosts. The official should be suspended for making such a stupid and ridiculous call.

That's a lie.

Hey Mr. 1st post - Did you even watch the game or are you being intentionally obtuse? Watch the reply - snell is working his mouth the whole time. Pretty much the way he does every second of every game he plays.

There’s nothing to gain by the ref saying what snell said - he took the classy approach. Maybe the yuts could try it sometime.

Uhhhh the ref would gain an excuse for the call he made which many have called the worst call of the year.
When asked about the flag thrown when Johnson was laying out of bounds later in the game, the ref said it was for something a player on the sideline said. Was the ref not being classy there? Lol
Think I’ll believe the ref that was asked directly and not you.

Uhhhh the ref would gain an excuse for the call he made which many have called the worst call of the year.
When asked about the flag thrown when Johnson was laying out of bounds later in the game, the ref said it was for something a player on the sideline said. Was the ref not being classy there? Lol
Think I’ll believe the ref that was asked directly and not you.
Uhhhh - watch the replay dipshit and tell me the snell wasn’t talking. Also, don’t care who you believe - tell your story walking.

Both ejections were ridiculous.

Reactions: TheBigBluePrint
I know some of you live in a world where UK hate blinds all of your rational judgement, but most people with working minds can say that ref was a jerk with an extra large ego.

I am a high school official and have refereed some low level D2/3 games, so unless you are an official..please stop making our fanbase look dumb. I have a group text with several officials in the Louisville area (most all UofL fans I may add) and it was unanimous that we thought the call was bad. I also have evaluated officials in the surrounding regions and if a ref did that even in a high school game I would not want him doing even a 1st round 1vs4 seed blowout.

The ref inserted himself into Snell's space and his ego caused him to make an ejection. Now I believe the ref tightened up on a big stage and made a mistake...we all do it but most do not do it on national TV. At the same time, most of us aren't paid what that official is being paid for that mistake. Seeing it from an official's perspective and not a biased rival fan perspective, that call was the equivalent of a player air balling a free throw.

I know some of you just google the rule and say "letter of the law, the ref was right", yeah there is a lot of nuance in those rules and it has to be intent. That rule for contact with an official is generally for a player arguing and PURSUING/CHASING an official, not an official getting in the face. By the letter of the law, Lamar Jackson and Jordan Jones should have both been ejected from the Governor's Cup..but guess what? The Governor's Cup refs did not have huge egos and understood its a physical and passionate games.

And for all of you attacking a passionate 20 year old kid just because UK fans are dumb redneck jerks, stop it. He just got tackled and someone approached him in the heat of battle. The REF CLEARLY STATED SNELL SAID NOTHING TO HIM. Calling him a punk and a thug is too far, just because he plays for UK does not make him a bad person. If a football player being upset after a gang-tackle offends you..go watch ballet snowflake.

UK is awful and I hope they lose every game forever, but Snell was wronged.

He was absolutely jobbed, but he comes off as an arrogant SOB in this piece.

I am a high school official

The ref inserted himself into Snell's space and his ego caused him to make an ejection. Snell was wronged.
Great, on you claiming to be a high school official. Were you down there on the sidelines in Nashville yesterday? If not then you need to shut up.

I’ll take the word of a PAC 12 official over the word of an internet high school ref that’s standing up for a kid that gave smarmy and elusive answers when confronted with questions.

Sell goofy elsewhere, please.

Reactions: BPGhost
I know some of you live in a world where UK hate blinds all of your rational judgement, but most people with working minds can say that ref was a jerk with an extra large ego.

I am a high school official and have refereed some low level D2/3 games, so unless you are an official..please stop making our fanbase look dumb. I have a group text with several officials in the Louisville area (most all UofL fans I may add) and it was unanimous that we thought the call was bad. I also have evaluated officials in the surrounding regions and if a ref did that even in a high school game I would not want him doing even a 1st round 1vs4 seed blowout.

The ref inserted himself into Snell's space and his ego caused him to make an ejection. Now I believe the ref tightened up on a big stage and made a mistake...we all do it but most do not do it on national TV. At the same time, most of us aren't paid what that official is being paid for that mistake. Seeing it from an official's perspective and not a biased rival fan perspective, that call was the equivalent of a player air balling a free throw.

I know some of you just google the rule and say "letter of the law, the ref was right", yeah there is a lot of nuance in those rules and it has to be intent. That rule for contact with an official is generally for a player arguing and PURSUING/CHASING an official, not an official getting in the face. By the letter of the law, Lamar Jackson and Jordan Jones should have both been ejected from the Governor's Cup..but guess what? The Governor's Cup refs did not have huge egos and understood its a physical and passionate games.

And for all of you attacking a passionate 20 year old kid just because UK fans are dumb redneck jerks, stop it. He just got tackled and someone approached him in the heat of battle. The REF CLEARLY STATED SNELL SAID NOTHING TO HIM. Calling him a punk and a thug is too far, just because he plays for UK does not make him a bad person. If a football player being upset after a gang-tackle offends you..go watch ballet snowflake.

1. No one said that he was a punk based on that one play. He’s done plenty of punk-ish stuff during the year - hell just during the UofL game.

2. So unless you’re a HS football ref, you can’t weigh in on a call in a game? Particularly one where you say that was correct by definition? I guess unless you’re a HC, no one should say anything about the way a team performed either? You hear that Howie? Just shut it down...

3. If you’re a football player that gets so upset that you were gang tackled that you can’t keep control of your emotions - go watch other guys play “snowflake”.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Lol.....everyone sees the video with different eyes.
The official stated Snell grabbed him and pushed him back...word for word...to a staff writer for the Tennessean. Also said word for word that Snell said nothing to him.

It was a bad interpretation of a rule.
Compounded by a DIFFERENT official making the equally bad targetting call.
Snell has never been a problem child.
Jones on the other hand.....

Maybe, just maybe this teams reputation preceded them. Maybe that referee had heard about the what happened to one of his colleagues when said colleague was calling a game for the same university and they lost. Maybe he just decided upon knowing the history of this team and it’s fans he wasn’t going to take any s h i t from any of them. UuvK and it’s fans are well known for their actions. Maybe every now and then a ref with balls just comes along and decides he’s not going to be intimidated by a bunch of whiny a s s people.

The ref reached out for the ball, Snell flipped it away and then pushed the refs hands away. He deserved a penalty, but not disqualification. I think ole Stoops has lost control of his boys, kinda reminds me of the undisciplined John L teams.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
The ref reached out for the ball, Snell flipped it away and then pushed the refs hands away. He deserved a penalty, but not disqualification. I think ole Stoops has lost control of his boys, kinda reminds me of the undisciplined John L teams.

I understand your point but the rule is that if you touch an official in a disprespectful manner you will be disqualified. This is why you see most players making an attempt to actually return the ball to the officials. By the way, did any of you notice yesterday when Lamar actually passed the ball back to the referee and he missed it? They both had a good laugh over that.

I, too, officiated football several years ago. What you are saying is that Snell deserved a “do over”. Sorry, there is no such rule in the book. I assume you would allow a player to touch you in a disrespectful manner during a game? If so, you are not a football official. In fact, no official in ANY sport would/should EVER allow one of the participants to touch them in a disprespectful manner. I repeat EVER. The truly unfortunate thing about this is that Snell is an outstanding college running back but he is uncoached by a staff that is afraid of him. Kind of like having a child that thinks they are running the show. The issue is that Snell’s leadership isn’t leading him, at all. And I don’t care who Snell plays for. He was wrong and he paid the price for his error.

The bottom line, Stoops even agreed, is if a player touches a ref that player is risking being thrown out. That game like all UK games was getting out of control. Snell clearly pushed the refs hands away at that point he putting himself in a bad spot. That ref, which by rule, made the call. The lesson don't put yourself in that position in the first place.

Sneel is a beast by the way.

UK football is very undisciplined especially on defense. They have guys all over the field running their mouths and stirring up crap all game long. They have done this all season long and nothing is ever done to them. Jones got another personal foul call. Stoops doesn't have control of that group, and even UK fans will agree with that.

I love the premature celebrations, lol. When a tackle gets made and a player raises his hands in Hallelujah fashion. When a CB finally ran Lamar in our game out of bounds at the 2 to keep him out of the end zone, he jumped up and down, nodding that head and carrying on like a badass. Next play we scored, lol. How did that celebration work out for you, stud?

That is modern UK football in a nutshell.

Lolololol....to sum up.....
Those that absolutely despise any and everything that has the two letters UK associated with it think the ejection call against Snell was absolutely warranted and correct.
Most everybody else that viewed the play and listened to the refs explanation disagree.

Games over. Exciting finish. UK loses as expected but much closer than expected.
2017 closed.

I gotta agree with this...yes by rule the ref was correct but man that was ticky tack

Truth is that Kentucky had to rely on whatever passing and quarterback option they could do without Snell....and those two things are what Northwestern had trouble with all season. If Snell was in the game, I imagine Stoops and Gran would have relied on Snell pounding the line thrty times or so.
I wish it hadn't happened, and will always think it was an awful enforcement. Did it cost the game????? Meh....dunno. a better pass on the two point play and it would be faded a lot more today.

Reactions: jimmy5-11
Truth is that Kentucky had to rely on whatever passing and quarterback option they could do without Snell....and those two things are what Northwestern had trouble with all season. If Snell was in the game, I imagine Stoops and Gran would have relied on Snell pounding the line thrty times or so.
I wish it hadn't happened, and will always think it was an awful enforcement. Did it cost the game????? Meh....dunno. a better pass on the two point play and it would be faded a lot more today.
Northwestern has one of to rushing defenses, their pass defense isn’t good. Snell probably wasn’t going to be as much of a threat as he normally has been, especially if the linebacker hadn’t been disqualified wrongly also. Bowl games have really lost their value, too many of them and players intentionally sitting out.

Reactions: billoliver40
If you aren't in the four team playoff, the bowls are just a 'thanks kids' thing
...get a little NCAA approved swag and some practice time.
And for coaches that the AD snoozed, a big payday.
Georgia used last year's Independence bowl as a springboard. But teams like Georgia, Bama and now Louisville count a bowl as expected. Just 'where' is the key. Most teams other than two or three don't see but a portion of the payouts because of conference affiliation.
Like many have said...anything less than the playoffs is an exhibition game.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT