ADVERTISEMENT

BB Asst coach Fennell arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Basketball ops coach Fennell arrested for unlawful assembly at Taylor protest.

Last edited:
Poor judgment for anyone representing U of L to have been in that situation...

Why did Satterfield isolate his players this weekend to protect them--while simultaneously limiting their "rights to free speech"?

I don't care if you're green or pink. What you saw this weekend was civil unrest, frustration, and laws being broken in the PRETENSE of free speech. And a U of L paid employee put himself and his employer in the headlines because of his immaturity and poor judgment.

I sat listening this weekend to sirens wailing less than a mile away, last night with an AA friend and U of L employee. And I never once had the urge to put myself in the middle of a problem situation, nor did my friend. That was exercising good judgment on our part...

Why did Satterfield isolate his players this weekend to protect them--while simultaneously limiting their "rights to free speech"?

I don't care if you're green or pink. What you saw this weekend was civil unrest, frustration, and laws being broken in the PRETENSE of free speech. And a U of L paid employee put himself and his employer in the headlines because of his immaturity and poor judgment.

I sat listening this weekend to sirens wailing less than a mile away, last night with an AA friend and U of L employee. And I never once had the urge to put myself in the middle of a problem situation, nor did my friend. That was exercising good judgment on our part...

I just saw on twitter a picture of UofL football coaches and players together downtown this weekend supporting the effort. Your comments on this situation are really pathetic.

I just saw on twitter a picture of UofL football coaches and players together downtown this weekend supporting the effort. Your comments on this situation are really pathetic.
Not that I care what you think. But link the twitter post because it's different than what a player's family told me...

I'm sure your AA friend is on the level of Ben Carson. Surely not of my creed.

Not that I care what you think. But link the twitter post because it's different than what a player's family told me...

It’s literally the top tweet on UofL football official twitter feed. And it’s captioned with “Together as ONE”. Do you know how to use Twitter?

EZXUbrFXsAIEFeC

Reactions: cardinalrod
I saw that photo. They took players down there in the middle of the afternoon, which was safer. That looks like Chris Morgan of FCA in the middle.

Maybe Mack should have piggybacked the guys in his program onto that effort...

I saw that photo. They took players down there in the middle of the afternoon, which was safer. That looks like Chris Morgan of FCA in the middle.

Maybe Mack should have piggybacked the guys in his program onto that effort...

So much for your assertion that coach Satterfield “isolated” his players. Sure appears that they were in solidarity downtown.

I personally feel we have a civic duty to peacefully protest when it's called for. I'm nowhere near the city of Louisville, but I have read what happened, and I am proud of the assistant basketball coach for peacefully protesting. According to the Louisville Metropolitan Department of Corrections booking log, Fennell was booked at 8:58 p.m and was arrested for violating Louisville's curfew order.

What is really odd is the dusk-to-dawn curfew starts at 9 p.m. How did coach Fennell break curfew if he was booked BEFORE 9 p.m.? Got to believe this will be thrown out. He never should have been arrested.

So much for your assertion that coach Satterfield “isolated” his players. Sure appears that they were in solidarity downtown.
That's you reading into a word and a photo what you want to.

In this case, it looks like the football/FCA staff was supervising a limited number of kids at the margin. And I'm good with that assuming those staff members are using better judgment than Mack's guys...

This is on Vince. Tommy would never have let this happen. (sarcasm in case you can't pick up what I am laying down)
People use poor judgment everyday and under any manager. I just point that out regardless of agendas...

I don't care about your creed. This person is a former athlete and someone with credibility. Unlike you...
Who is this uncle Tom friend of yours my cousin is Alvin i'm sure he might know him. I'm also a very close relative of one Wheats kids. he might also know this Tom and i work out with Tinch we talk all the time .

That's you reading into a word and a photo what you want to.

In this case, it looks like the football/FCA staff was supervising a limited number of kids at the margin. And I'm good with that assuming those staff members are using better judgment than Mack's guys...

uh ok...at first it was “isolate”. Now it’s “supervising”.

100s to 1000s of years to a lifetime of racism. Some people don't get it because they are not a minority. To better understand google 2 things. White privilege, then history of police brutality against minorities.

It is sad so many officers are out there trying to serve and protect. Obviously not all. Need to somehow tighten the vetting process.

Sorry for political rant will stop. Shitty times.

“Civil unrest and frustration” and the ability to voice / show those feelings are part of our ACTUAL 1A rights. Just as you have the right to spout off about a situation that you have only the PRETENSE of actually knowing what occurred.

If you make the choice to not participate - that is certainly your right as well but my guess is that choice has less to with good judgment and more to do with a fundamental lack of understanding of what is being felt by those that are choosing to participate - either peacefully or not. Your need (subconscious or otherwise) to include the part about your friend being “AA” underscores that point completely.

“Civil unrest and frustration” and the ability to voice / show those feelings are part of our ACTUAL 1A rights. Just as you have the right to spout off about a situation that you have only the PRETENSE of actually knowing what occurred.

If you make the choice to not participate - that is certainly your right as well but my guess is that choice has less to with good judgment and more to do with a fundamental lack of understanding of what is being felt by those that are choosing to participate - either peacefully or not. Your need (subconscious or otherwise) to include the part about your friend being “AA” underscores that point completely.
Let me play my tiny violin and read that again to see if it makes more sense...

Last edited:

No that was choosing to not see what's happening and to ignore your need to use your privilege for good. I doubt you're story about your AA friend and U of L employee is truth....if it is, you should both be ashamed.

"Your need (subconscious or otherwise) to include the part about your friend being “AA” underscores that point completely."

I'm impressed you picked that up .
Even white folk can play a race card...

No that was choosing to not see what's happening and to ignore your need to use your privilege for good. I doubt you're story about your AA friend and U of L employee is truth....if it is, you should both be ashamed.
LOL... Thanks for the worldly advice. Damn good thing I don't come here to get that...

He is lying doesn't have an AA U of L athlete friend that shares his pov on this situation. He's really a very silly minded person .

Reactions: BPGhost
He is lying doesn't have an AA U of L athlete friend that shares his pov on this situation. He's really a very silly minded person .
He’s a troll plain and simple. 40K+ posts and doubtful that you could find more than a handful where he agrees with anyone - about anything.

Self-loathing and internet confrontations are his jam.

I personally feel we have a civic duty to peacefully protest when it's called for. I'm nowhere near the city of Louisville, but I have read what happened, and I am proud of the assistant basketball coach for peacefully protesting. According to the Louisville Metropolitan Department of Corrections booking log, Fennell was booked at 8:58 p.m and was arrested for violating Louisville's curfew order.

What is really odd is the dusk-to-dawn curfew starts at 9 p.m. How did coach Fennell break curfew if he was booked BEFORE 9 p.m.? Got to believe this will be thrown out. He never should have been arrested.
I would assume curfew would cover a finite area and those who should not in the area should be gone by the time it starts - not start leaving the area. it is like Coach Mac saying the bus was leaving the Yum (3rd and Main) at 5 pm and the young man was at 8th and Jefferson at 4:59. Would be miss the bus?

I would assume curfew would cover a finite area and those who should not in the area should be gone by the time it starts - not start leaving the area. it is like Coach Mac saying the bus was leaving the Yum (3rd and Main) at 5 pm and the young man was at 8th and Jefferson at 4:59. Would be miss the bus?
No offense but, that’s a terrible analogy. As previous posters (and the police themselves) have already Indicated - he was booked at 8:58, meaning he was arrested and transported to the jail. That takes longer than a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT