ADVERTISEMENT

Bama

CardsFirst

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2007
Sitting here watching the NC game and reality hit. Next time Bama’s on the field their playing us. Wow

Oh boy...I see many of us are in denial...we are going to get our teeth kicked in...they are right now on a Even higher plain than Clemson

Every game exposes us to injury. It will be a mountain to climb, but no more than Clemson
The difference between them and Clemson is the match up. Alabama is the worst possible match up for the style of play we have. Defensive team speed negates our ability to get guys open and get to the outside. Their line is the best in the country year in and year out. On offense they play smash mouth football with the best o-line and running backs in the country. Our weakness is in the trenches. Their strength is the trenches.

She-it! We got 'em right where we want 'em. Coming off a National Championship; feeling fat and sassy. A major QB controversy; divided locker room. #48 looking to kill half the staff. They will never know what hit them as they take that long trip home with an "L". :p How's that for my first troll post of the year? :rolleyes:

The difference between them and Clemson is the match up. Alabama is the worst possible match up for the style of play we have. Defensive team speed negates our ability to get guys open and get to the outside. Their line is the best in the country year in and year out. On offense they play smash mouth football with the best o-line and running backs in the country. Our weakness is in the trenches. Their strength is the trenches.
I agree with everything, but the team speed part on their defense. Their secondary was AWFUL until Georgia stopped throwing the ball. If we protect Puma, we can create some serious plays downfield. They aren’t elected cover guys by no means and we have at least one elite route runner with elite speed!

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
Anything is possible.
The best thing about this game is this version of the Cards gets to see what they are made of and what really needs to be worked on.
Alabama can be beat. Ol Miss beat em two years in a row.
They ARE two loads of talent though.

We will be facing the National Champions the first game of next season.......who in the hell scheduled that game❓

We'll have a defense that is returning 4 starters. Dorian Etheridge, the team's leading tackler, the first time ever by a true freshman, is the sole bright spot.

We'll have an offense that is returning about 20% of the total offensive production. It will be less than that should Jaylen Smith declare for the draft. I thought the OL would be an improvement, but with Geron Christian declaring, and perhaps Lukayus McNeil, as well, who knows anymore?

From the looks of last night, at least we'll have a better kicker (sigh.)

It won't be pretty.

Kirby Smart blew that game.

Got conservative and tried to protect the lead, and it bit him in the arse.

If we don't have a LOT of red shirt talent coming out, and improved backups from this year, we're in for a long day.

But... if we do have some unknown talent, if Pass is as good as projected, and the OL can hold em off for 3 seconds, we might move the ball some.

Maybe keep it respectable. Maybe :confused:

Reactions: Mayoman
And they were stronger than uga in the trenches too. That's why their OC spread them out - slants, screens, passes in the flat. Given that UofL apparently only has pass patterns of 12 yds plus, Puma is gonna get lit up. Maybe 2.0 will go back and look at some tape of 1.0...

And they were stronger than uga in the trenches too. That's why their OC spread them out - slants, screens, passes in the flat. Given that UofL apparently only has pass patterns of 12 yds plus, Puma is gonna get lit up. Maybe 2.0 will go back and look at some tape of 1.0...
And BP might want to have Sirmon start a daily seminar on how to tackle to the ground for his young defense. Alabama will set records for yards after contact in a game if they don’t improve in that area.

I think Boston College has the record now

Reactions: BPGhost and Mayoman
Puma and Khane being from Alabama might have a little extra incentive to beat the Crimson Tide in that first game. Could be their leadership over the Spring and Summer sessions spur the others on....to be super ready for the challenge. To be the best you got to beat the best.....and you can't beat them if you don't get to play them.

One thing going for the Cards is that Bama will not have a lot of tape on Puma or what will be next years starters on Defense across the board....so the element of surprise might well favor the Cards.

It will be up to CBP to devise the best possible game plan to try and hold their own and spring some offense on Bama with the unexpected that CBP was known for in years gone by.

I like that it will be the first game of the year for both teams....so both should be relatively healthy and ready to go. When CBP has all summer and fall to game plan for a game.....well that is playing to his strengths and he is his most dangerous..

And hopefully, over half of the non seniors for Bama decide to declare for the pros....one can only hope.....cause it is likely that even their 2nd string guys will give the Cards all they want on the 'O' and 'D' lines. :confused::oops::rolleyes:o_O

It may be that Bama is an overwhelming favorite.....but as another stated....we got um right where we need them to be, overlooking the Cards and disrespecting their abilities. o_O:D Hope we show up for the game.o_O

I don’t expect us to win, but some of y’all are real wusses. Grow a pair GIRLS!!!

Reactions: zipp
Given that UofL apparently only has pass patterns of 12 yds plus, Puma is gonna get lit up. Maybe 2.0 will go back and look at some tape of 1.0...
I'm thinking BP will get back to his old self next year as far as calling more short crosses and slants in the passing game.

I have to believe the constant downfield pass patterns and the lack of short crosses and slants was to create more space for LJ to run, especially for when plays broke down, which was often. At least I’m hoping that was the reason.

Reactions: BPGhost and Mayoman
Oh boy...I see many of us are in denial...we are going to get our teeth kicked in...they are right now on a Even higher plain than Clemson
We aren’t playing them right now. Remember, they lose players, too. They will have question marks, too. Everybody does. If we could ever beat them, it would be game 1.

Every game exposes us to injury. It will be a mountain to climb, but no more than Clemson

You’re missing the point. So it’s a bad matchup it was against Florida and so was Bama in 1991. But the point is we can lose players to injury against any team like let say Purdue.

And no one knows how it will turn out. When did Louisville become chickens; afraid to play someone? That’s not Louisville!

So we may get beat. But probably not any worse then what Clemson did to us this season.

And as far as the line being our weakness. Well just about everyones weakness is their line against Bama. That might be why they seldom lose. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t play them.

You’re missing the point. So it’s a bad matchup it was against Florida and so was Bama in 1991. But the point is we can lose players to injury against any team like let say Purdue.

And no one knows how it will turn out. When did Louisville become chickens; afraid to play someone? That’s not Louisville!

So we may get beat. But probably not any worse then what Clemson did to us this season.

And as far as the line being our weakness. Well just about everyones weakness is their line against Bama. That might be why they seldom lose. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t play them.
Never said we shouldn’t play them. Just not looking forward to watching us get destroyed and immediately eliminated from playoff contention.

I'm thinking BP will get back to his old self next year as far as calling more short crosses and slants in the passing game.

I have to believe the constant downfield pass patterns and the lack of short crosses and slants was to create more space for LJ to run, especially for when plays broke down, which was often. At least I’m hoping that was the reason.
I think that is spot on.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Never said we shouldn’t play them. Just not looking forward to watching us get destroyed and immediately eliminated from playoff contention.
Why would UofL be eliminated? They could go 12-1 beating Clemson away and winning the ACC title game. That would put them in the playoffs. A loss to Bama wouldn't kill them.

Reactions: zipp and CardsFirst
Puma and Khane being from Alabama might have a little extra incentive to beat the Crimson Tide in that first game. Could be their leadership over the Spring and Summer sessions spur the others on....to be super ready for the challenge. To be the best you got to beat the best.....and you can't beat them if you don't get to play them.

One thing going for the Cards is that Bama will not have a lot of tape on Puma or what will be next years starters on Defense across the board....so the element of surprise might well favor the Cards.

It will be up to CBP to devise the best possible game plan to try and hold their own and spring some offense on Bama with the unexpected that CBP was known for in years gone by.

I like that it will be the first game of the year for both teams....so both should be relatively healthy and ready to go. When CBP has all summer and fall to game plan for a game.....well that is playing to his strengths and he is his most dangerous..

And hopefully, over half of the non seniors for Bama decide to declare for the pros....one can only hope.....cause it is likely that even their 2nd string guys will give the Cards all they want on the 'O' and 'D' lines. :confused::oops::rolleyes:o_O

It may be that Bama is an overwhelming favorite.....but as another stated....we got um right where we need them to be, overlooking the Cards and disrespecting their abilities. o_O:D Hope we show up for the game.o_O
Here’s hoping Khane is suddenly undersized to be a LB on the roster and goes back to being a safety.

Why would UofL be eliminated? They could go 12-1 beating Clemson away and winning the ACC title game. That would put them in the playoffs. A loss to Bama wouldn't kill them.
Something tells me that the committee would try and keep us out, but that’s the conspiracy theorist in me. If we got rolled by Bama they wouldn’t want to see us play them in the semifinal or final.

One thing for sure, Mr Jurich’s ‘crazy’ idea to take on these games, has our fans (in droves) already talking about a game that’s 8 months away.
Best AD ever.

It’s also possible that Saban leaves the dynasty to become the next head coach of the New York Giants and Bama hires a Mike DuBose clone. Saban to the Giants is not as far fetched as you think. Ask his buddy Bruce Arians.

Reactions: zipp and BPGhost
Saban is nearly 65. I doubt he goes elsewhere. He might retire, though.
I think you’re probably right but his stint in Miami has got to stick in his craw. Especially for a guy who looked to be a future star coach in the NFL during his years in Cleveland under Belichick. Way before the Browns became a punchline.

I think you’re probably right but his stint in Miami has got to stick in his craw. Especially for a guy who looked to be a future star coach in the NFL during his years in Cleveland under Belichick. Way before the Browns became a punchline.

The only team I can ever see Saban leave for is the NY Giants

Saban might want the record and pass Bear.

But as big a deal as that might be to him, it might piss off a lot of folks too.

He might retire and take his place beside Bear instead of over him. ;)

Reactions: Mayoman
Saban is nearly 65. I doubt he goes elsewhere. He might retire, though.

I think he’ll stay to win one more NC; that would put him above Bryant.

Having said that it might not be that easy. I think UGA is becoming a power house and will compete well against Bama. Not to mention this was a rebuilding year for Clemson. So they’ll be back next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
Bear coached until he was 69....and died four weeks after his last game.

People need to take time to spend some those Gazillion dollar$ they've made.

JMO

Reactions: zipp
I like that we'll be healthy starting that first game. Attrition and depth are where a team like Bama has the edge at season's end...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT