ADVERTISEMENT

Bad team

Hmm. Running the ball is our calling card. Have to keep that atrocious defense of the field.

Satt is a run first - run often guy. If we had any sort of defense our run attack offense would have won the game.

The worst part of our 8-5 year was that Satt raised expectations.

Bobby left us with the worst defense in the country. He didn’t recruit the offensive line. He loaded up on wideouts and running backs. And guess what, we put up big points but struggle on defense.

This roster is not good, but Satt worked miracles with it last year. But, no one is gonna take us lightly this year. I think the guys needed to be humbled a bit.

The defense was bad and needed a lot of work. But we had a different offseason where we couldn’t do the work needed in depth. I’m trusting the process. It’s gonna take until year 4 before we see a balanced roster that can take on the big dogs.

We still have a fun team and a great coach, but we have deficiencies left by the old regime.

Bobby left us with the worst defense in the country. He didn’t recruit the offensive line. He loaded up on wideouts and running backs. And guess what, we put up big points but struggle on defense.

This roster is not good, but Satt worked miracles with it last year. But, no one is gonna take us lightly this year. I think the guys needed to be humbled a bit.

The defense was bad and needed a lot of work. But we had a different offseason where we couldn’t do the work needed in depth. I’m trusting the process. It’s gonna take until year 4 before we see a balanced roster that can take on the big dogs.

We still have a fun team and a great coach, but we have deficiencies left by the old regime.
That was the argument for Steve Kragthorpe. Maybe we fired him too quickly. He followed Bobby also.

Didn't even realize they were playing. I used to never miss a game, but this year my interest level is in the basement.

Reactions: RomanOben
That was the argument for Steve Kragthorpe. Maybe we fired him too quickly. He followed Bobby also.
Let’s see?

-Kragthorpe. The year before he arrived the team went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl. He arrives with Brohm, Douglas, Urittia, etc. all back, goes 6-6

-Satt. Inherits a 2-10 team that was the worst in the country. Goes 8-5. In the ACC!!!

Get back under the bridge troll.

Reactions: 73Card and SoulSr
I like our team and coaching staff. The defense got confused, good teams take advantage and Miami did just that. However we showed a lot of fight. I tip my hat to the better team and move on.

Reactions: 73Card

Your first sentence says everything that needs to be said. Fools gold is what we experienced last year. And we may improve this year, but until he gets his players here, just like Strong I don’t expect consistent strides forward. You can’t complain about the quality of players being recruited by the previous staff and then complain because said players aren’t performing and have a logical argument.

Reactions: Mayoman
Your first sentence says everything that needs to be said. Fools gold is what we experienced last year. And we may improve this year, but until he gets his players here, just like Strong I don’t expect consistent strides forward. You can’t complain about the quality of players being recruited by the previous staff and then complain because said players aren’t performing and have a logical argument.
Agree. We have too many below average players out there on defense to think we should be good.

I think the current players starting are guys that are setting the standard. They're working hard and are good leaders, but they're all going to be gone on defense mostly next year. I think the whole team is maxed out on what we can get out of their talent level, the new guys next year will be year 1 of the Satt era and will have a much higher ceiling.

On defense we are going to graduate Goldwire, Peterson, Burns, Ethridge, Avery, Hayes, & Yeast. So it's almost like next year will be year 1 of Brown/Satt's defense with their players. I think the young guys need to red-shirt and stay behind the older guys. The older guys may struggle, but the older guys will show them hard work and not expose them early on. We'll add in better talent next year too, so I think as these guys go out we will see the defense be younger but they will improve much more as next year goes along.

Not to mention we're gonna lose Dez, Boone, & Bently on offense & probably Tutu & Hawkins.

I think this year will be fun, we take a small step back next year as Satt's guys fully take over the roster, and then 2022 we will see a good team, & then 2023 is when we take off. We gotta be patient, but I'm ready.

Nope, but I was a fan growing up! One of the best OLs to play here and a really smart guy to boot. Class act.

I have a good friend who was a multi sport athlete from western Kentucky. Big guy, mobile, smooth. UofL hosted him on a visit during his senior year of high school. Howard was recruiting him as a TE, and they had him run some drills during a practice. He went up against Oben during a blocking drill, and Oben put him on his ass. He was like, ok then. He ended up playing college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT