ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn...

I don’t think we will ever offer the job to Jeff Brohm again as they say that ship has passed and he didn’t come on board. I don’t want him to be our coach ever but I don’t wish him failure and I could care less about Purdue.

I do not understand our bitterness over Jeff Brohm. While I do understand our bitterness over his not taking our job at U of L, I do wish him the best as he continues to build his chosen program at Purdue. Sometimes in the future, we may again seek his sevices, but in the meantime, I have no ill wishes for him and wish him good luck. I have a coach now and that is where I will place my support.

Because he knew about the family members telling people at UofL he was coming.

He could hav nipped it the bud weeks before he was officially offered.

Now he is under the Cardinal curse and isnt wanted here in the future. Screw him and Auburn just scored again-

There’s shame when you get beat like that. No excuse. He has the same issues Bobby had and will continue to have no defense. That was my concern with Brohm and we dodge it. Sometimes unanswered prayers as Garth says.

$5MM was crazy for VT to offer, IMO, and $6MM is just insanity. Hell, I think $3MM for Satterfield is too much at this point - his salary quadrupled! I realize I'm alone in this sentiment, most likely.

You’re alone (Although Zipps with you)because it’s based on what is reasonable for coaching in the ACC. Not what he was getting at App St. any less and he would be poached. And I’m not disagreeing about the 6Mil. Brohm is over paid. And I wasn’t 5 Mil excited about Brohm either. I thought he should put in a couple more years at Purdue before we brought him home.

Glad we got Satterfield will be fine.

I do not understand our bitterness over Jeff Brohm. While I do understand our bitterness over his not taking our job at U of L, I do wish him the best as he continues to build his chosen program at Purdue. Sometimes in the future, we may again seek his sevices, but in the meantime, I have no ill wishes for him and wish him good luck. I have a coach now and that is where I will place my support.
They’re be no second chance. Hope the locks on that Honda freeze up this winter!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
up 14-0 early. Hope they hang 60 on the boilers.

No services for Brohm in the future at least Jeff. That’s a one time offer. I wasn’t completely sold on him and I’m still not. I don’t want him to succeed because he’s going to keep poaching Jefferson County until Satterfield finally slams the door shut, which he will!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I do not understand our bitterness over Jeff Brohm. While I do understand our bitterness over his not taking our job at U of L, I do wish him the best as he continues to build his chosen program at Purdue. Sometimes in the future, we may again seek his sevices, but in the meantime, I have no ill wishes for him eand wish him good luck. I have a coach now and that is where I will place my support.
Agree. Hope we can make a quick turn around.

Reactions: SoulSr
I just think it’s a shame that JBs “legacy” will never be the same.

And that’s on him.

The day we fired BP, if JB comes right out and says “I love UL blah blah, but I’m not a candidate at this time. I have to finish this job blah blah bla” I believe people would have accepted and appreciated it.

But.....he chose to play us for a $2m raise. That was a BS move.

Yeah, it helped his family, but it was a shot at his UL “family”.

Thanks for helping build us, but we’ll let someone else finish it.

All that said, until he learns the value of defense, I think we’re better off. Certainly no worse.

Reactions: Deeva
Funny the day we fired CBP, I didn’t hear VT offer the job for X number of dollars. How do you turn down a job that you weren’t officially offered. You don’t blindly accept or refuse an offer without terms. It’s a fricking business... Let it go! Most everyone has been able to move on.

Reactions: SoulSr
Apparently everybody in Louisville and West Lafayette, except you, knew JB was going to be offered the UL job whenever it opened.

So, if he doesn't make a statement on the first day the job is open, he should have the very first time his name WAS linked to us. And it wasn't long.

If you go tot he archives, I was NOT a big proponent of Brohm to start with. Too much like Bobby.

I like Satt and am anxious to see him build us back up on the front lines.

Reactions: GoldCard
Apparently everybody in Louisville and West Lafayette, except you, knew JB was going to be offered the UL job whenever it opened.

So, if he doesn't make a statement on the first day the job is open, he should have the very first time his name WAS linked to us. And it wasn't long.

If you go tot he archives, I was NOT a big proponent of Brohm to start with. Too much like Bobby.

I like Satt and am anxious to see him build us back up on the front lines.
No, apparently everyone “expected” him to be offered but what nobody took in consideration the timing of the situation. I knew after taking Purdue to their 2nd straight bowl game, that Brohm believed he was building something special unlike Petrino 1.0, John L and Strong that they had taken U of L as far as they could in terms of football. We should be commending a person with that kind of commitment rather than turn their backs on him out of spite. Ask Tyler Trent what Purdue and Jeff Brohm means to him.

Funny the day we fired CBP, I didn’t hear VT offer the job for X number of dollars. How do you turn down a job that you weren’t officially offered. You don’t blindly accept or refuse an offer without terms. It’s a fricking business... Let it go! Most everyone has been able to move on.

If you're not “cut like that”, you don't need to see the offer. Yes, it's a business, but Jeff played the honorable card, just too late to be meaningful.

No, apparently everyone “expected” him to be offered but what nobody took in consideration the timing of the situation. I knew after taking Purdue to their 2nd straight bowl game, that Brohm believed he was building something special unlike Petrino 1.0, John L and Strong that they had taken U of L as far as they could in terms of football. We should be commending a person with that kind of commitment rather than turn their backs on him out of spite. Ask Tyler Trent what Purdue and Jeff Brohm means to him.
It seems clear that Brohm aspires to coach at a higher level at the collegiate level than UofL is currently - or the pros. I think that he felt that if he had accepted the Louisville job - he would have been “stuck” here if and when bigger jobs became available. Staying at purdoo eliminates that situation.

That said, as much as everyone realizes what a complete bottom feeder purdoo is, was and will always be, continuing to turn in more 6-7 seasons - complete with getting teabagged like auburn did - will make it all a very moot point.

If you're not “cut like that”, you don't need to see the offer. Yes, it's a business, but Jeff played the honorable card, just too late to be meaningful.
Hmm. Brohm, not a young chicken any more, maybe beginning the prime of his career, looks over at U of L who fired their President, AD, head basketball coach and in the middle of NCAA and possibly FBI investigations. Maybe deep down I don’t want them to come calling at this point in my career, but anyway I say “no” and my family and me get our names dragged through the mud (which happened). He still had to make the best decision for his family, not fairweather sports fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT