ADVERTISEMENT

Atlantis Bracket

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
The Battle 4 Atlantis bracket makes absolutely zero sense. And who gets screwed? We do! If we win tonight with our 9:30 pm start time (EST) we get Wichita State who played at about noon, blew out LSU and were able to rest their starters. I understand not getting "equal turnaround time" in the later rounds, someone has to play later games. But, not a second round game, the Wichita State-LSU game should have had a 7:00 pm (EST) tip tonight. Total joke.

The Battle 4 Atlantis bracket makes absolutely zero sense. And who gets screwed? We do! If we win tonight with our 9:30 pm start time (EST) we get Wichita State who played at about noon, blew out LSU and were able to rest their starters. I understand not getting "equal turnaround time" in the later rounds, someone has to play later games. But, not a second round game, the Wichita State-LSU game should have had a 7:00 pm (EST) tip tonight. Total joke.
And nobody has been made to explain this. There's absolutely no reason why Wichita st/LSU game was played at noon. How can anyone defend the winner of that game plays the winner of the 9:30 game early tomorrow? One team gets 24 hours off and the other 12. Was this done on purpose or did they randomly pick the names out of a hat? Pitino should be demanding answers.

And nobody has been made to explain this. There's absolutely no reason why Wichita st/LSU game was played at noon. How can anyone defend the winner of that game plays the winner of the 9:30 game early tomorrow? One team gets 24 hours off and the other 12. Was this done on purpose or did they randomly pick the names out of a hat? Pitino should be demanding answers.

The 2 biggest name teams have the prime time games. AXS tv is helping with the payments the teams get so this is their reward. They get us and Mich St. on the first night in primetime. After that the winning bracket is all on espn.

The play-by-play announcer (Kenny Rice) on this tourney crack me up. He is interviewing ODU's coach on the taped pregame announces this tourney each year then I never see him call a game again the rest of the season. He's the guy who pronounced Montrezl Harrell - Montrell Ha rell.

Last edited:
The pregame highlights of us they're showing are from last year, plenty of Damian Lee and Trey Lewis, WTF?

It's definitely ridiculous on the turn-around time, but with a win the game time is 2:30 tomorrow. Baylor/MSU is at noon tomorrow.

And nobody has been made to explain this. There's absolutely no reason why Wichita st/LSU game was played at noon. How can anyone defend the winner of that game plays the winner of the 9:30 game early tomorrow? One team gets 24 hours off and the other 12. Was this done on purpose or did they randomly pick the names out of a hat? Pitino should be demanding answers.[/QUOTE

It's clear to see. The people who put on the show are hoping to see upsets - like somehow, it gives their sorry tourney legitimacy. Ok not sorry, but I'm pissed. They knew UL would advance and meet the Shockers. They may have screwed Mich State, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT