ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming we have a season with fans at the games where should I go in Louisville on a 3 day game

Would recommend a visit to the bat factory for any sports fan. Churchill Downs museum as well. Old Forrester bourbon on Main Street is a nice tour. Wings at Spring Street and an Ollie Burger with cheese from the last trolley on Third Street are a local favorite as well.

Reactions: GoldCard
At this time, it’s Kentucky Derby week in the Ville. Any other year but sucks ‘20, you could have a great time many places in our city during Derby week. Churchill Downs on Thur would be something to check out.

At this time, it’s Kentucky Derby week in the Ville. Any other year but sucks ‘20, you could have a great time many places in our city during Derby week. Churchill Downs on Thur would be something to check out.

It’s the derby week during the FSU vs UL game? I did not know that. Assuming Covid has died down is there any other public attraction I should go to see?

Check out the Speed Art Museum. It's on campus, not too far from the football stadium. They have a Rembrandt and Picasso... And there's an Andy Warhol exhibit.

Reactions: gocds
That could be interesting. Hopefully it’s open. Do you have a basketball museum?

Yes. The museum is in the lobby of the YUM! Center. If it’s open when you go there. Also, a visit to the heart of the UofL campus would be a nice visit. There are albino squirrels living on campus very near the entrance to the library. It’s a very pretty campus especially in the fall.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

I visit campus periodically and I haven't seen the albino squirrels in a long time. I'm glad to hear they're still around. We used to say it was good luck to see one of them before taking a big test.

I visit campus periodically and I haven't seen the albino squirrels in a long time. I'm glad to hear they're still around. We used to say it was good luck to see one of them before taking a big test.

Well in reality I’ve not been on that part of campus for several years either. The last time was about 17 years ago or so when my daughter was in law school in Florida and she was home and needed some research info so we went to UofL’s library and I saw the squirrels then. I fed them some nuts and they would damn near eat out of your hands. But then again I’ve not seen them since. Not sure why they wouldn’t be around though. The story is that a biology/zoology professor set them free more than 60 years ago and they prospered. Hope they are still there. Maybe someone from UofL could answer these questions.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT