ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona Hires Tommy Lloyd As HC

I'm telling you, the believers among you need to be thanking the Good Lord that we were able to hire Chris Mack. I have no idea if he's a future Hall of Famer or not but at least we hired a proven winner who had us at #1 for a few weeks and took us to two NCAA tournaments across 2 applicable years amid a scandal (a scandal that many thought would have us starting walk-ons by year 3). I mean, we could be dropping completely off the radar, hire a career 26 year assistant from a new blood Gonzaga, some other guy named Miller from UNCG, or a career NBA guy who across two decades averaged a 46.3% winning percentage and has never recruited a day in his life (Juwon Howard is an outlier, so don't tell me about him).

Last edited:
I'm telling you, the believers among you need to be thanking the Good Lord that we were able to hire Chris Mack. I have no idea if he's a future Hall of Famer or not but at least we hired a proven winner who had us at #1 for a few weeks and took us to two NCAA tournaments across 2 applicable years amid a scandal (a scandal that many thought would have us starting walk-ons by year 3). I mean, we could be dropping completely off the radar, hire a career 26 year assistant from a new blood Gonzaga, some other guy named Miller from UNCG, or a career NBA guy who across two decades averaged a 46.3% winning percentage and has never recruited a day in his life (Juwon Howard is an outlier, so don't tell me about him).
This post should be pinned at the top of the forum.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
I think you have it backward. It’s Chris Mack who should be thanking the Good Lord that U of L hired him.

Mike’s Marbles is correct; Morgantown Card’s post on this thread is worthy of special attention. One of the very few positives that I have witnessed with this BB Program since the FBI investigation broke and TJ was fired, was the ultimate hiring of Chris Mack. I remain shocked, but pleasantly surprised that we have been able to attract as much talent as we have so far with the ominous NCAA cloud continuing to hang over UL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT