ADVERTISEMENT

App State Scott Satterfield

It is a good back up plan and everyone needs a good back up.

I agree to that.
Im sure Tyra has a list of at least 10 coaches he would offer the job too.

Im just saying Satterfield wouldn't be a home run hire.

Brohm, Bob Stoops, Venables those would be home run hires.

Auburn is looking hard at Stoops.
Venables isnt going anywhere while his son is on the team. Even then Kansas State would be his likely destination.

Id accept Satterfield, but would also expect him to be poached within 2-4 years.

I agree to that.

Venables isnt going anywhere while his son is on the team. Even then Kansas State would be his likely destination.

Id accept Satterfield, but would also expect him to be poached within 2-4 years.
Poached within 2-4 years would be best case scenario in terms of team success. That’s like saying he goes to the playoff or averages 9-10 wins and a team like FSU, Alabama (if Saban retires), Clemson (if Dabo jumps to Bama or NFL), etc would come and get him. In that event we go back to Brohm with more money near the end of his contract.

I was not in favor of UNC rehiring Mack; I never hated the idea, but Mack was never my first choice. And over a period of about 2 weeks, I came to the conclusion that Satterfield would be our best choice.

I think he is the real deal.

Reactions: arky tigwer
I agree to that.

I don't think you can predict what any of these coaches will do once they get a job. Who would have thought Brohm would stay at Purdue, but that is a real possibility. You hire the best guy that is the best fit at the time. As long as they leave the program better than when they arrived that is all you can ask.

There really aren't any home run hires. Those guys tend have good jobs already. I can't think of anyone that can move the needle anywhere close to Brohm.....Bob Stoops maybe but that isn't happening.

Last edited:
I don't think you can predict what any of these coaches will do once they get a job. Who would have thought Brohm would stay at Purdue, but that is a real possibility. You hire the best guy that is the best fit at the time. As long as they leave the program better than when they arrived that is all you can ask. They

There really aren't any home run hires. Those guys tend have good jobs already. I can't think of anyone that can move the needle anywhere close to Brohm.....Bob Stoops maybe but that isn't happening.

I definitely take Stoops over Brohm.
Even then, id expect Stoops to leave within 2-4 yrs.

I believe Brohm would stay 6-10 yrs unless its a disaster or health reasons.

He was built for this.

I definitely take Stoops over Brohm.
Even then, id expect Stoops to leave within 2-4 yrs.

I believe Brohm would stay 6-10 yrs unless its a disaster or health reasons.

He was built for this.
Brohm...you still think he is coming to the ville?

Brohm blew out OSU in his second year proving he can coach at the top level. His recruiting class is remarkable. It's Purdue. Great history but most of it history.

Reactions: tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT