ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone notice a problem with our receivers?...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
After losing one of the best coaches on our staff, maybe our history, so I've read.

16 different receivers catch balls last nite--I doubt we've ever distributed the ball more than that. 26 receptions in 35 attempts from both QBs. I really don't recall a wide open dropped ball. Anyone?

The only thing I'm left wondering is what the slapd!cks actually got.

LPT Football: What do we usually get?...

As usual....they got nothing!

Not going out on a limb here but I see USM beating them to dash their bowl hopes in the very first game of the season! Why, you ask? Cause they got nothing!

Fun game tonight....wish I could have been there.;)

...Fun game tonight....wish I could have been there.;)
Not the best opponent obviously, but everything else was about perfect. Hope you got to see it on the "tube".

And I got to meet Rollem in person for the first time! Always great to meet up with one of our own. Saw Howie and Jack too, but Howie big-timed us. He's such a celebrity nowadays...

:cool: <== Howie

Yes....I was parked in front of the HD TV.....with the misses, she watched for a little past the 1st Qtr....got bored and went upstairs to watch one of her recorded soaps. :eek:

I thought once LJ settled down and started throwing catchble balls, that all the receivers did their job pretty well. Best catch of the night....goes to Quick....happy for him that the review booth overturned the on field ref and affirmed that it was a TD....heckuva throw and even better catch IMO.

RB's all looked good and very strong. 'D' played pretty consistent all night with a few exceptions. Overall....need to clean up the penalties....and pick up the blitzes better and the OL will likely prove to be much better than last years line. Good to see Bolin get some quality time and come back from his bad throw in the interception. But I really felt bad for the 3rd guy....Ethan Horton......what a surprise he was, and not in a good way.:mad: Stupid fumble.

Also, receiving special teams needs to make a big leap up from tonight....cannot make those kind of mistakes in the big games coming up. Ugh!

Reactions: American Male
Maybe the improvement from your receivers was due to not playing so many freshmen like you did last year? What if our receivers are vastly improved from last year? How would you explain that?

I would tell you to wake up.....cause you are dreaming.

You can only hope.....but your Lamar is fake juice.....the Cards Lamar is the real deal.

That is all....take your cookie and have fun with it. But do it quick, cause USM is going to snatch it away from you.:p

Reactions: American Male
Maybe the improvement from your receivers was due to not playing so many freshmen like you did last year? What if our receivers are vastly improved from last year? How would you explain that?
If they have learned not to drop everything thrown their way the can only be better.

Reactions: wilkie01
After losing one of the best coaches on our staff, maybe our history, so I've read.

16 different receivers catch balls last nite--I doubt we've ever distributed the ball more than that. 26 receptions in 35 attempts from both QBs. I really don't recall a wide open dropped ball. Anyone?

... and one great not so wide open catch by JQ.

Reactions: Cue Card

Yep, I think we should make a mad dash down I64 to retrieve our "great former WR coach". And the sooner the better. Damn I'm some kind of awful skeered. ;):p:rolleyes:

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
What "improvement"? I didn't have a problem with our receivers last year. But doesn't appear the position coach had much to do with that.

Maybe he has a similar impact at LPT.

LPT Football: Coaching graveyard...

16 receivers is just bloody fookin' ridiculous (I am channeling Liam Gallagher with that comment). I was listening 93.9 yesterday and one of the callers said a goal should be 10 different receivers catch a ball. The host said whoah, that's pretty optimistic don't you think? Sixteen!!!!

I anticipated a 40-something to 17 type of game. I had no idea Charlotte was that bad. I am very happy that the 2nd & 3rd string guys got to experience a full half of game experience. Many of those UNCC guys were dirty and talking a lot of trash, I was worried about someone twisting Lamar's ankle or something in the pile. Their QB is a headcase - he was yelling "You suck!!!" at his O-line in a clear TV shot. I bet someone "misses their block" and the guy gets drilled at some point if he keeps that up.

Reactions: Red Rager
Their QB is a headcase - he was yelling "You suck!!!"
He is Greg Olsen's little brother. With how he was acting, he portrayed himself as a spoiled entitled punk who needs his teeth kicked in. With his attitude, he won't last long as the QB because his O-line will do exactly what you said, and that is to step to the side and let him get crushed. He's not a leader. Not even close.

Reactions: Red Rager
Seldom does an assistant get replaced in mid-season ...........Lamar Thomas had that distinction last year. One of the most notable observations of last year was how poor the routes our receivers ran in the early part of the season when Thomas was responsible for coaching them.

Reactions: Red Rager and gocds
Galloway brings a hefty package. Some his practice ideas were breaths of fresh air to Bobby who praised him for his innovative energy as well as his tough loyalty to hi guys. We really do have a log jam at WR, especially when you consider Dez Fitzpatrick is obviously being considered for a red shirt. He was nearly our highest recruit this season and toe coaches have been high on him since he showed up. ool on special teams. And Peete just continues to show what "Being a football player means" as he was a tacklin' fool on special teams. I think Galloway feels like he died and went to Heaven already.

Reactions: gocds
Finally watched the replay...there was a noticeable drop. One of the middle screen plays, and Traveon Samuel took his eyes off the ball.

Must have had that "Samuel L. Jackson" thingy on his mind...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT