ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else not able to watch the Patriots-Titans

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
playoff game because they are dumb enough (like me) to get their TV service from the thieves at Directv?

That’s it for me. Eff Directv. They constantly screw their customers and then claim these blackouts are due to the station owners.

I’ve had the same happen with DirecTV and DISH. I go back and forth between the two every 2 tears to get the new customer discounts. I’m about to go back to DISH again.

I fired DTV on Friday. I subscribed for 10 years, paid them over $2K a year, and they truly suck as a company. I got Netflix, Disney +, Apple TV, YouTube TV, analog HDTV, and I’m saving $115 per month. Good riddance.

Thanks for the responses. I’m done with them. I think I’m going to go the YouTube TV route. I’ve met a few people now that have it and are glad they switched.

Trying to cut the cord but still a bit scared.
If I can find a streaming service that has ACCN and NFL Redzone I may switch. Playstation Vue has both but is shutting down.

If I can find a streaming service that has ACCN and NFL Redzone I may switch. Playstation Vue has both but is shutting down.
I have had Vue for 2 years and love it. Going to try You Tube TV when they shut down.

I watched the games on the NFL app. I don't remember if I had to identify my provider when I started using it. Every week it shows me the same games that I'd get on local TV. And it's shown all ESPN games and so far, all playoff games.

Reactions: PushupMan

When I called DTV the other day, my intent was to renegotiate my monthly bill. I was paying $215. Their sales or "customer retention' team is a joke. I was on the phone with them for close to an hour. I laid out what I wanted, and they continued to ask questions not related to why I was calling. At one point, I told them to cut the BS. They finally, after saying there weren't any promotions available, offered me $152. They could go a little lower if they removed some channels. I had enough. I cancelled. I watched the football games and Golden Globes on Youtube TV yesterday. It's a transition, but not like you think. I'm not sure about the RZ channel, but Youtube TV definitely carries the ACCN.

Reactions: PushupMan
Good people!! Get rid of them jerks. Put you an antenna on the roof ($40 at Home Depot). Hookup your existing lines from Direct TV or Dish to your Antenna. East Pizy and I am 68 years old. I did have to buy a splitter for all five of our TV's to go into one. Took all of an hour. AND we ended up getting 40 channels out of it. MeTV which I love and several others.

I’m on a free trial now with YouTube TV. It’s all I need but I didn’t notice the NFL Network on there though, which I like.

Good people!! Get rid of them jerks. Put you an antenna on the roof ($40 at Home Depot). Hookup your existing lines from Direct TV or Dish to your Antenna. East Pizy and I am 68 years old. I did have to buy a splitter for all five of our TV's to go into one. Took all of an hour. AND we ended up getting 40 channels out of it. MeTV which I love and several others.

This works very well if you’re in the local area. Unfortunately, I’m about 75 miles from Louisville and the same from Indianapolis. I haven’t been able to find a DTV antenna that will allow me to get Louisville or Indy channels.

I watched the games on the NFL app. I don't remember if I had to identify my provider when I started using it. Every week it shows me the same games that I'd get on local TV. And it's shown all ESPN games and so far, all playoff games.

This is a great way to watch a national game (like the ESPN Monday night game, NBC Sunday Night game, or any NFL Network games, plus any playoff games), and I can confirm that you do not have to identify a provider. You also can stream whichever games are on in your local area.

If you like the NFL, this is a great completely free option to stream prime time games.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
This is a great way to watch a national game (like the ESPN Monday night game, NBC Sunday Night game, or any NFL Network games, plus any playoff games), and I can confirm that you do not have to identify a provider. You also can stream whichever games are on in your local area.

If you like the NFL, this is a great completely free option to stream prime time games.

The NFL app was a brilliant move for fans like me. I have gotten to the point where I rarely watch games on a television anymore, it's just too much trouble. I prefer to pull up ESPN.com, or CBS sports to watch games.

The year before the NFL app started showing the local broadcast schedule, I was watching almost no NFL games and was starting to lose interest as a fan. I wasn't interested in buying the NFL ticket, and it was just annoying that I *could* watch the games for free if I cranked up the old TV set. This year I was able to watch every Lamar pass on my phone, wherever I was at the time.

When I called DTV the other day, my intent was to renegotiate my monthly bill. I was paying $215. Their sales or "customer retention' team is a joke. I was on the phone with them for close to an hour. I laid out what I wanted, and they continued to ask questions not related to why I was calling. At one point, I told them to cut the BS. They finally, after saying there weren't any promotions available, offered me $152. They could go a little lower if they removed some channels. I had enough. I cancelled. I watched the football games and Golden Globes on Youtube TV yesterday. It's a transition, but not like you think. I'm not sure about the RZ channel, but Youtube TV definitely carries the ACCN.

I switched to YouTube TV in November and love it. The only minor thing is using my firestick remote, it doesn't have previous channel. Other than that, It works perfect. Just make sure you have a strong wi fi connection. I can watch programs on my phone, unlimited DVR, I've added Disney channel for my kids and I'm set. Bill went from $184 month to $52 for YouTube TV. Additional $11 for Disney/Netflix package.

Reactions: CardX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT