ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on 2018 commit WR Manuel Allen???

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
2018 4-star WR Manuel Allen has commited, but not yet signed with UofL. He would be one of the top recruits for the UofL class. He is ranked #276 nationally, #47 WR in the class of 2018

He must be holding out for his “dream” school.

We are never anyone’s dream school.

He must be holding out for his “dream” school.

We are never anyone’s dream school.
Pretty sure this is a Ben Hutch, 2015 Mike Boykin situation. The staff doesn’t know if he can meet academic qualifications. Waiting on final grades or a test score. At least that is what Chris appears to have indicated on occasion.

Pretty sure this is a Ben Hutch, 2015 Mike Boykin situation. The staff doesn’t know if he can meet academic qualifications. Waiting on final grades or a test score. At least that is what Chris appears to have indicated on occasion.
We were Demji Dumervil-Jean's dream school and he signed. Dominick Watt is impressive and we are in the running, hope we can get him here for a visit otherwise use the scholly for Leonard Taylor or another DT big. JMHO

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
We were Demji Dumervil-Jean's dream school and he signed. Dominick Watt is impressive and we are in the running, hope we can get him here for a visit otherwise use the scholly for Leonard Taylor or another DT big. JMHO
Not sure what DDJ has to do with Allen, but if Allen can’t qualify I’m all for using the scholarship for another D-Lineman.

There is a sophomore in Atlanta who started as a FR at inside LB at a 6A school, who is dead solid in love with UL. Wears nothing but UL gear. Has been since birth.

Hopefully he continues to grow and develop into a serious player.

And if he doesn’t, he’s arguably a better baseball player. Catcher. ;)

There is a sophomore in Atlanta who started as a FR at inside LB at a 6A school, who is dead solid in love with UL. Wears nothing but UL gear. Has been since birth.

How great is he to be able either sport at UL and be in a Top 20 program for either/both. They are out there, hope some are in the city/county next year.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I hope you guys are right. It just seems that when the elite programs come calling, they have s new dream. I guess the Bonnitto thing just bugged me.

Top Players are looking for either who can get them to the NFL.
I have found out over the years that there are some kids that enjoy getting recruited more than playing football.

Reggie B., Doug Beaumont, Vic Anderson, just to name a few.
Good list there. Michael Bush, Brian Brohm, Jeff Brohm are a few to add to that list. I get the frustration with Boniito but someone connected in South Florida mentioned that his Dad lost all confidence in Sirmon after seeing the Clemson game.

Looks like Allen is leaning to Illinois now. With only 3 schollies to give and we have three 4 star DB's in the mix, a 4 star TE and Hawkins, I'd say were might have been done with Allen last month, just a guess,

Looks like Allen is leaning to Illinois now. With only 3 schollies to give and we have three 4 star DB's in the mix, a 4 star TE and Hawkins, I'd say were might have been done with Allen last month, just a guess,
Don’t forget a 4 star OL:D

Top Players are looking for either who can get them to the NFL.
I have found out over the years that there are some kids that enjoy getting recruited more than playing football.

So true. Not all kids who are good at football enjoy playing football. This becomes clear once they put the pads on and compete against college players.

What is his name Rollem. Sounds like a great future card to watch.

Lorenzo Ward is the chief recruiter for Georgia from his days at South Carolina, who recruits Georgia hard to this day especially the Atlanta area. His past recruiting that area (Marlon Character) may pay off big for us next week!

And then out of left field comes predictions for Jairus Brents, 4 star DB from Waggener. If that kid signs (hope he does) I will have to do two things....eat crow every day for the next year and retire as a piss poor recruiting prognosticator. If he does come here, then my first thought is the local kids will warm back up to us now that Sirmon is gone. They were here and heard everything negative around that unqualified DC.

BVG on Deener's show yesterday said that he'd be most effective recruiting Georgia and Florida, fwiw.
From what I've been reading, Georgia has taken over Florida's spot as the recruiting hotbed.....explosive growth in the Atlanta area (still) along with having basically two
Major P5 schools....Georgia and Georgia Tech....in state.

From what I've been reading, Georgia has taken over Florida's spot as the recruiting hotbed.....explosive growth in the Atlanta area (still) along with having basically two
Major P5 schools....Georgia and Georgia Tech....in state.
Give me florida players any day. Georgia is a close second, but the best football players in the eastern half of the country come from
1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Louisiana
4. The DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia)
The fourth may be surprising, but a wealth of talent comes out of that region every year. If you are not a west coast or Texas school, these 4 areas should be where you recruit from. LSU has had Louisiana on lock though, so Georgia and Florida are where a lot of schools plunder.

Reactions: billoliver40
That DMV area certainly does have it's athletes. Never been a coach at UK that had much success that direction. I would agree the Florida kids are actually likely a star rating higher when they come out. Just more competition especially now with the resurgence in the sports news of UCF, South Florida, and Lane Kiffens home. Throw in Miami resurgence and a wild man recruiter like Taggert and Florida is gonna get harder and harder to get players.
Texas is LOADED with players, but seems a struggle to get em much east of the Mississippi. Louisiana kids don't seem to get too far from the deep South schools.
Trouble that UK and Louisville face is that there just isn't the population density in state to have a lot of great players.....and lately it seems most of them want to go
Out of state to spread their wings.

Some of our problem with holding local kids is that they aren't originally from here. We have a local kid who is a 4 star DE in 2019 but is originally from Broward County, Florida. The DMV is getting tougher to recruit in as the Maryland coach is doing a nice job keeping them home. Florida is da bomb along with Georgia but Kentucky is loaded in 2019, even have Bama and Clemson up here. Five 4 star kids, one 4-5 kid and one 5 star kid all in state next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT