ADVERTISEMENT

Any local SR HS kids worth a look for next year's team?

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
Not up to speed with recruiting I'm hearing Mack has reached out to countless 5 star players for 2019. I hear a lot of fans reference former players that were local that Pitino didn't extend offers too historically.

Any diamonds in the rough Mack should be reaching out too?

I really want U of L to reach out to a kid from my hometown at Paducah Tilghman High School for a possible walk-on spot. His name is JJ Reed. 6’6” with good handles, athleticism and jump shot. He could do well if given the opportunity to be a bench player here.

The Johnson kid at Trinity,Moreno kid at Scott Co.(Georgetown,KY),Dontae Allen at Pendleton Co.,& KYKY Tandy at University Heights in Hopkinsville will all probably end up with high major offers. Also there’s the kid from Louisville,that played at Taylor Co. high school, but is now at John Logan Juco. I think he ends up with high major offers. He supposedly had an offer from Ricky P at one point. Name escapes me right now.

The Johnson kid at Trinity,Moreno kid at Scott Co.(Georgetown,KY),Dontae Allen at Pendleton Co.,& KYKY Tandy at University Heights in Hopkinsville will all probably end up with high major offers. Also there’s the kid from Louisville,that played at Taylor Co. high school, but is now at John Logan Juco. I think he ends up with high major offers. He supposedly had an offer from Ricky P at one point. Name escapes me right now.
I can't remember the kids name either but he is smaller than what Mack likes. I believe the kid played with the Xavier PG (Goodin) that went to Taylor County.

David Sloan is his name. At one time he was said to have offers from Louisville,Missouri,Iowa St,WKU,& a few others....

Some 2018 kids that seem to be getting attention on the recruiting front are guard Isaiah Tisdale(Lexington Henry Clay/Vincennes Juco),Trace Young(Owensboro Apollo/Prep School),& Jaylen Sebree(Christian Co/IMG Academy). I read that Indiana is keeping an eye on Tisdale. Not sure of what offers he actually has though. Young just got an offer from Wyoming and supposedly is hearing a lot from Maryland. I think Coach Padgett had some interest in Sebree. Right now his best offer is from a MAC school. But he seems to be picking up some steam on the recruiting front. Just a few other local kids that might be worth keeping an eye on....

I think we need kids that are great basketball players. But even more important is they need to excell in the classroom as well.

Johnson at Trinity is 2019 as far as I’ve heard. Unless he is reclassifying??

The original post is about the 2019 class. I just mentioned a few 2018 kids that are unsigned.
Ohh i thought it was about seniors. Yeah it looks like 2019 will be a big class for us, but we gotta pick up some guys for 2018. Having a gap class would set us back a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT