ADVERTISEMENT

Another UK transfer

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
Ware heading out.

So are they technically transfer U? I know that nobody transfers to come there, but they do want to get the hell out and since nobody ever gets drafted at that joke of a school, I guess they just transfer ... but I think that they deserve the name Transfer U now for sure.

This is the third year in a row they have lost someone to grad transfer. Jeff Badet went to Oklahoma last year, and Patrick Towles went to BC the year before. Must be good times in Lexington.

I guess the players get there and realize what a mistake it was to play there. I love watching their joke of a football program struggle every year and then their little wet brains try to rationalize their mediocrity.

This is the third year in a row they have lost someone to grad transfer. Jeff Badet went to Oklahoma last year, and Patrick Towles went to BC the year before. Must be good times in Lexington.

rats.gif

Reactions: Mayoman
Not good for their program. At least one starter has left each year for the last several years. If I'm an opposing coach recruiting against them, I ensure that the recruit knows this.

Reactions: zipp
You don't land recruits they get and then lose if all is well. His handling of players is uneven at best. They are making a ton of promises during the recruitment process which is a slippery slope.

This is really their year to make noise in the East. The will have a great running game and their defense should be good considering everyone they have back.

Maybe he wants to get away from all of the “thugs” at uahkay. Plus, maybe he wants a chance at an NFL career because he sure isn’t going to have that as long as he remains a cayut.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

You don't land recruits they get and then lose if all is well. His handling of players is uneven at best. They are making a ton of promises during the recruitment process which is a slippery slope.

This is really their year to make noise in the East. The will have a great running game and their defense should be good considering everyone they have back.

Man. Do you really believe this? They suck. Period. Snell is sitting on an injury as they will try to give him the ball 30x per game.

Man. Do you really believe this? They suck. Period. Snell is sitting on an injury as they will try to give him the ball 30x per game.
Snell is a beast and would be a force anywhere but that dumpster of a football club known as UK. He couldn't do anything against our Swiss cheese defense last year and that's saying something.

Probably says more about their coaches than anything.

Reactions: zipp
Chap you might want to go back and rewatch the game or at least check the stats. From memory I want to say he had around 200 yards. Too bad they still blow.

Snell is a really good player. You're a biased fool if you think otherwise.

I only say this because of the turmoil in coaching in the SEC East. They have another opportunity because the East won't be super strong outside of Georgia. A running game and good defense will keep them in games. 2019 good luck they will be in the cellar with Vandy.

Snell is a beast and would be a force anywhere but that dumpster of a football club known as UK. He couldn't do anything against our Swiss cheese defense last year and that's saying something.

Probably says more about their coaches than anything.
Our defense was much better with Jaire Alexander in the lineup.

Things must be really bad at the shit hou. Ware transferred to a D2 school...Jacksonville ST. Im willing to bet that Jstate would still beat UK.

Same thing with Boom Williams before him.
I believe the point was UK will find ways to injure Snell, much the same as they beat up Williams. I tend to agree. That has to be one sore MF by the time they get to us. Didn't he have to sit out a major portion of our game because he was hurt? I mean, in the SEC, Snell is a complete target. He is essentially, 90% of their offense. Especially with zero QB's.

Browsing their site earlier today, the opening thread was pretty incredible reading. Top 25.

Yes, you read it here second, lol. The level of delusion over there is mystifying.

Reactions: rockycard
I find it interesting that even in year 6 Stoops is still having disciplinary and transfer issues. Last year he lost his best returning WR to transfer (Badet) and this year he loses one of his best defensive players to transfer.

I don't want to do the research but it seems to me that he's lost a TON of kids to transfer and dismissals in 5 short years. To me, the transfers most likely go hand in hand with the recruiting. UK has had relative success recruiting under Stoops and my simple explanation for the transfers is that Stoops and Marrow are selling these kids on one thing and giving them something else once they sign the papers.

UK gets Kragged on a yearly basis. Whereas we screamed and yelled for an end to the Kragthorpe's disastrous hire, UK fans spend oodles of time devising ways of supporting his entirely basic equivalent. That's what happens when you embrace your mediocrity.

UK gets Kragged on a yearly basis. Whereas we screamed and yelled for an end to the Kragthorpe's disastrous hire, UK fans spend oodles of time devising ways of supporting his entirely basic equivalent. That's what happens when you embrace your mediocrity.

I do find it absolutely insane that they've given Stoops so much job security and money. I mean, I think you could argue its easily one of the worst contracts in college athletics.

A school like UK would be smart to pay their coach well and make every effort to keep him but normally you would do that with a coach that has shown some promise or glimpses of what he can do. Stoops has done none of that and from my point of view has only given them reasons as to why he shouldn't have been retained after his original contract ran out. There's also the fact that Neal Brown was ran out of town as the OC and now he's a hot commodity coaching candidate at Troy. From his in-game coaching blunders over the years to his disciplinary and transfer issues I just think its hilarious that he's one of the top 25 highest paid coaches and has a contract through 2022.

Reactions: Senore2006
It'd be insane at programs that are legitimately trying to win. But UK's admin is happy with 5-7 wins and lower tier bowls. Stoops can give them that, so why not lock him up long term?

I agree with most of what's been said here, but here's the scary part if you are U.K: only Brooks performed at a level as high as Stoops compared to other U.K. Coaches in my lifetime.

I do find it absolutely insane that they've given Stoops so much job security and money. I mean, I think you could argue its easily one of the worst contracts in college athletics...
I posted the top of this list in a thread on Petrino's value. Now here's the bottom: the worst value among tenured college football head coaches based on their compensation and performance...

Worst (tie): Texas Tech and LPT
2nd worst: Vanderbilt
3rd worst: Auburn
4th worst: Michigan

Cliff Kingsbury has the 28th highest salary nationally and the 51st best conference W-L record, for an index of -23.

Stupes is at 24th and 47th, respectively, for -23...a little higher paid and a little better record.

But both at the very bottom of coaches at their respective schools for at least three years...

[And Petrino is 9th best among tenured coaches with an index of +9.]

Last edited:
It’s almost like Barnhart is fearful of actually doing a football coach search. As though he might be afraid of the results. Perhaps the cayut faithful feel the same way. In any case, I’m enjoying the “ride” as a UofL fan. :p

It’s almost like Barnhart is fearful of actually doing a football coach search. As though he might be afraid of the results. Perhaps the cayut faithful feel the same way. In any case, I’m enjoying the “ride” as a UofL fan. :p

This is my take as well. We'll sit and watch the weird pageant and beat that butt 90% of the time with this dude on their sidelines. With him, they invented completely novel ways to lose. Last year's 3 consecutive Personal Foul penalties that took us from our 20 to their 20 was incredibly helpful and hilarious. Playing a team with 9 or 10 guys during the 2 most crucial plays of their season was another real wiener, lol.

But of course, that;s not a coaching fail. Stuff happens. They are talking about winning the SEC East again, lol. 2 strangers are going to "seriously upgrade" the QB position.

Touchdown Terry! The greatest JC transfer in college football history ( replacing Steven Johnson )!

Their football team is in great turmoil. One of their players, dont know his name, well call him scarface got busted with tons of drugs and cash. Other players are tweeting out weird tweets. That football team is turning into a drama filled catastrophe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT