ADVERTISEMENT

Angel goes for 25 in Aces loss

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Another day, another Louisville WBB great goes off on the competition.

Angel McCoughtry had the "hot dice" for the Las Vegas Aces yesterday with 25 points and eight assists in the Aces narrow 88-86 loss to the Chicago Sky.

The Aces had a 86-77 lead with about four minutes to play. The, "the sky opened up" -- sorry, bad pun -- and went on a game-closing 11-0 run. The big play? A key three from Allie Quigley three to give Chicago the lead with 15 seconds to play.

I never did like her much at DePaul when she was a part of some of those great Doug Bruno teams, but I digress.

But, Las Vegas got their "Angel's share" (see what I did with that?) yesterday as Angel looked to be the Angel of old, sprinting down the court past defenses for layups, nailing the mid-range jumper and feeding the middle. A'ja Wilson has 22 for the Aces and it looks like these two could be a very powerful scoring punch for the Aces.

Next stop for McCoughtry? Maybe she'll move her ice cream parlor out of Atlanta and to Las Vegas (or even the "wubble"). She certainly put a scoop or two on the Sky yesterday.

--sonja--

Reactions: Deeva and WahooCard
Just Angel being Angel.
Maybe, but to come back after nearly two years on the shelf, it's more than just Angel being Angel. What it is, is an incredible comeback from a determined, talented and older player. There's a fire that burns in her that doesn't settle for just being "Angel". It's a drive to see how much better she can be. She doesn't rest on what she's done. She strives to be better. She doesn't give up the fight. In hoops, in life, in items of social justice and equality.

--sonja--

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT