ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Staples answers question from OPurdie fan on Brohm

You really cant help but ending your posts with 2 ironic sentences.

I can guarantee you we arent firing Brohm this year or anytime soon.

Let me know who is poaching Petrino from you this year.

That would really help you. UofL will need that $14mm....

You know what im referring to.

Since 2003 , Louisville has had 3 coaches poached.

Purdue, had what 3 fired ?

UofL would be going after Brohm regardless of his alma mater.

He'd be on the list with West, Campbell, Fickell, Babers.

This is Louisville's first losing season in 9 yrs.
9 straight bowls and coming within 6 yds of going to the ACC Championship game.
So once again youre wrong.

Purdue is coming off 9-36, thus necessitating a coaching change.

Louisville coaches get poached.
Purdue coaches get fired.

Lol. If not for UL being Brohms alma mater, this isn’t a discussion. Fickell is a maybe. The rest of those guys wouldn’t even answer UL’s phone call.

You know what im referring to.

Since 2003 , Louisville has had 3 coaches poached.

Purdue, had what 3 fired ?

2 actually. You do realize that our overall records are comparable and that includes many decades of you playing in subpar conferences right?

Hey guys, we got a butt kickin' to absorb right now. Check it out on ESPN2. Maybe you could come back, say about 10:30, after our coach has sealed his fate.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Hey guys, we got a butt kickin' to absorb right now. Check it out on ESPN2. Maybe you could come back, say about 10:30, after our coach has sealed his fate.

Lol. I watched for a bit. Then it was too painful. So mant penalties and dropped passes.

No focus/discipline for the players today....

I had terrible flashbacks to Hazell and switched it.

I appreciate the Boiler fans defending their guy....and Brohm may not come, who knows. But man, there is an avalanche of media from ESPN, to local, to SI, to CBS that speak from a "its a given" standpoint. Granted they leave the caveat that he might not take it, but every person writing or talking about it certainly thinks he will.

So, Boiler fans hold out hope and us UL fans can keep hoping that the mounting feeling leads to Brohm making it official and one way or the other we'll know something in about a month.

Can you provide a link from any media that says "it's a given". I've seen some speculation only because he played at Louisville. I haven't seen anything to suggest he has said or told anyone anything remotely close to what you are suggesting. It's doubtful he would make such a dangerous move especially with all the fires here and and the FBI investigations. It's not clear where where the money would come from as your past AD looted the endowment and that hasn't even been litigated yet.

How would he even find a place to live with all the attorneys grabbing up the houses for the next few years. Nothing attached to the Louisville athletic department looks very attractive to anyone at this time. If Petrino leaves town you aren't going to attract a P5 coach until the dust settles, think MAC.

WD

We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Im at work listening to game and on two message boards at the same time.

I can school these purdue guys while listening to this garbage game.

Why do Purdue fans keep connecting the FBI investigation to football are they that out of touch ? I don't know what will happen but it would be a good time for Brohm to move to Louisville if that is where he wants to be. He has done a great job at Purdue and he is hot right now and Louisville is on a low. There is more money for him and there won't be any pressure to produce right away. I think it will all come down to whether he wants to come home or not.

I'm sure you can get him back after Jeff leaves. Cheap.
If Brohm leaves, Purdue will go find another good coach. It's a much much more attractive job then a couple years ago. I'd consider it a good job to have actually. Top facilities in the big ten. Huge addition to the stadium about to be announced. Supportive AD and Prez, easy division, plenty of money, some great NFL players supporting the program. Future of Purdue football is bright. With or without Brohm.

If Brohm leaves, Purdue will go find another good coach. It's a much much more attractive job then a couple years ago. I'd consider it a good job to have actually. Top facilities in the big ten. Huge addition to the stadium about to be announced. Supportive AD and Prez, easy division, plenty of money, some great NFL players supporting the program. Future of Purdue football is bright. With or without Brohm.

I hope you're right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT