ADVERTISEMENT

And he's winning with Bobby's players

Yes, SOME were. The players that didn't wish to change their own brand of 'culture'. They were basically shown the door.
Love it or leave it. These guys have totally bought in. Damn! Shades of yesterday’s. I’d def suit up and go to battle with this crew. As a fan, you can’t help but get emotionally involved in these games. There wasn’t a down where I stopped watching because you didn’t want to miss the next exciting play.

I've been telling people the whole off-season that the problem was coaching. Any one that even halfway knows Louisville football knows our recruiting classes stayed pretty consistant during ol Bob's second go round. Should have been obvious that we average between 7- 9 wins a season and recruiting classes between 30- 40 and all of a sudden last year we look like we were playing football for the first time. Last season was the exception not the rule. I keep up with our recruiting more than the average fan Andi knew what we had. Honestly we all should have expected a disastrous season when Bob hotef VanGorder. Why would a program trying to move up the college football ladder ever hire an assistant coach with a losing record. This guys reputation was pitiful. He was known for his coaching incompitance and Vince Tyra should have blocked the hire. With the kind of money we were paying him we should've set standards that his assistants had to meet in order to be hired. This guy is so bad at this very moment his current defense ranks dead last in the country. Yes he has a new job I can't remember where. I mean what power 5 program would hire a guy with a resume like his. Jurich should have called private meetings with Pitrinos other assistants when Granthem quit. Top 20 defense both years he was here. I can't believe we let that prick screw us again. FYI. Last season he almost never ran the ball to Becktons side. He had two family members on his staff that weren't even close to being qualified to coach at the power 5 level. Poor Puma Pass lost a whole season of development due to q.b. coach lack of knowledge. Bob had guys playing out of position and it was easy to tell he couldn't care less if we win or lost. Knowing how he coached the 1st time he was here you could see he had checked out. He never made any adjustments to stop the bleeding he completely abandoned the ( feed the studs ) mentality etc. I kept seeing preseason predictions of 2 - 3 wins this year and I just smiled. You guys think you are happy now wait till next season. We lose a decent number of upperclassmen but we are return a ton of talent with another year of CSS. Future is bright.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT