ADVERTISEMENT

Adios Satt

Its as clear as anything I've seen in sports. Just like Cooper and Kragthorpe were. May be tough to find an top replacement but a change is necessary.

Reactions: Deeva
I will say I thought he could get it done but he chose to stick with Brown. This year was tied to the defense and it has been a mess against conference opponents.

I don’t think they will win another game because they won’t be able to stop anyone.

Scott, you stumbled out of the starting gate against Syracuse, the you recovered against a lesser opponent, then you lost at home to Fl. State, then you recovered against a lesser opponent, then you lost against a lesser opponent. Do the right thing (as Mack did), negotiate a payout and resign. You’re turning our football program into a punchline.

Reactions: rh62531
Just imagine how horrible this team would have been the last few years without Malik.

Our secondary sucked just as bad today as our Offensive line and coaching staff on both sides.

Reactions: luv2hit63
I will say I thought he could get it done but he chose to stick with Brown. This year was tied to the defense and it has been a mess against conference opponents.

I don’t think they will win another game because they won’t be able to stop anyone.
Jamestown won't be a pushover like people think either.

Its as clear as anything I've seen in sports. Just like Cooper and Kragthorpe were. May be tough to find an top replacement but a change is necessary.
I wanted to make this point earlier this year, there are so many similarities with those two. In the past 25 years, everytime we have a new coach it is YEAR TWO that shows where we are going. Year 1 Cooper - Beats Kentucky, wins 7 games. Believe it or not the talk on WHAS call in shows were how are we going to keep this up and comer. Year Two beats Kentucky, inserts C Redman and beats Michigan State, offense stinks up the second half of the season (5 and 6). JLS went 7 and 5 both of his first seasons (granted I thought it was slightly disappointing that he lost 4 regular season games with Redman). But whipped Kentucky. Bobby 1.0 maybe Louisvilles best team ever, one dropped interception from a BCS and undefeated regular season. HWSNBN (soon to replaced By voldermort 2.0) I Yes 6 and 6 sucked, but remember how some of us thought he had turned the corner by beating #2 USF (hmm there is a theme), only to throw the game away against UCONN by having Hunter throw a pick six (he was injured and should not have been playing). Year 2 loosing season. Charlie two 7 win regular seasons but the Freshman class of Teddy and company showed a bright future….
In short what we saw with Cooper, Kragthorpe and now Satt is the Tubby Smith effect. Where Previous hard nose, disciplinary coach whips team into shape, but players at first respond To substitute teacher and play all out. Only to find that what success they had may have been due to the practice habits of the previous staff. Hence if year two takes a dive (not counting major injuries / upgrading of a comp) then HOUSTON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM

I wanted to make this point earlier this year, there are so many similarities with those two. In the past 25 years, everytime we have a new coach it is YEAR TWO that shows where we are going. Year 1 Cooper - Beats Kentucky, wins 7 games. Believe it or not the talk on WHAS call in shows were how are we going to keep this up and comer. Year Two beats Kentucky, inserts C Redman and beats Michigan State, offense stinks up the second half of the season (5 and 6). JLS went 7 and 5 both of his first seasons (granted I thought it was slightly disappointing that he lost 4 regular season games with Redman). But whipped Kentucky. Bobby 1.0 maybe Louisvilles best team ever, one dropped interception from a BCS and undefeated regular season. HWSNBN (soon to replaced By voldermort 2.0) I Yes 6 and 6 sucked, but remember how some of us thought he had turned the corner by beating #2 USF (hmm there is a theme), only to throw the game away against UCONN by having Hunter throw a pick six (he was injured and should not have been playing). Year 2 loosing season. Charlie two 7 win regular seasons but the Freshman class of Teddy and company showed a bright future….
In short what we saw with Cooper, Kragthorpe and now Satt is the Tubby Smith effect. Where Previous hard nose, disciplinary coach whips team into shape, but players at first respond To substitute teacher and play all out. Only to find that what success they had may have been due to the practice habits of the previous staff. Hence if year two takes a dive (not counting major injuries / upgrading of a comp) then HOUSTON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM
I'm sorry but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY is as bad as HWSNBN.

Just imagine how horrible this team would have been the last few years without Malik.

Our secondary sucked just as bad today as our Offensive line and coaching staff on both sides.
Wait, what? He is a big part of the problem, especially being predictable and limiting the offense. 2/3 of the field is off limits, due to his reads and arm. However, Satt never got a better option, so that's on coach.

Reactions: gocds
I agree Malik is a hard one to evaluate. While he is a nightmare to prepare in a sense at times he can be very easy to defend. Some of the throws against FSU were fantastic but when it counted none of the throws were good.

Throwing accuracy in year 5 shouldn’t be a problem. Add in no one behind them is any good tells me that group is poorly coached. Talent is another factor not many quality guys.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
I agree Malik is a hard one to evaluate. While he is a nightmare to prepare in a sense at times he can be very easy to defend. Some of the throws against FSU were fantastic but when it counted none of the throws were good.

Throwing accuracy in year 5 shouldn’t be a problem. Add in no one behind them is any good tells me that group is poorly coached. Talent is another factor not many quality guys.
Malik is not Lamar as much as people want to think of him that way. He is a great athlete, but he isn't an elite QB, he is average.

Malik looks great when there is a blown coverage/blocking assignment, playing against inferior athletes or a poorly coached defense. But, when there is a spy on him and good coverage, he looks pedestrian. The O-Line has done a good job protecting him this year and given him plenty of time, he just isn't making his reads.

What I'm trying to say is it didn't matter what the defense did against Lamar, he made them look slow and he delivered,

Reactions: rh62531
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT