ADVERTISEMENT

ACC (virtual) Football Kickoff/AKA Covid & Pols Session

Just heard an interesting stat on TV. To date, 37 kids under the age of 15 have died from Covid. Last year 190 kids died from the flu. They did not specify if these numbers were for the U.S. I assume so because they were talking about shutting down or delaying in class learning.

Just heard an interesting stat on TV. To date, 37 kids under the age of 15 have died from Covid. Last year 190 kids died from the flu. They did not specify if these numbers were for the U.S. I assume so because they were talking about shutting down or delaying in class learning.

If you really want schools to reopen figure out:

- how to resolve liability issues
- how to get substitute teachers (right now there are basically none signed up)
- how to get enough PPE to schools
- how to distance inside classrooms with up to 30 students
- how to get enough bus drivers and ensure spacing on busses
- determine requirements for stay at home if a kid or school worker or one of their family members shows Covid symptoms
- how to develop rapid testing so people aren’t waiting up to two weeks to get test results

Yeah, but you don’t believe that do you? I mean - what good are statistics that you can’t cherry-pick to suit your agenda.

Amirite?
I believe a lot more people have had it than is being reported. Most places that are doing antibody test are showing a 15-20 % positive rate.

I believe a lot more people have had it than is being reported. Most places that are doing antibody test are showing a 15-20 % positive rate.

The UofL run Co-Immunity Project study estimates that 4% of the population of Louisville has had Covid.

If you really want schools to reopen figure out:

- how to resolve liability issues
- how to get substitute teachers (right now there are basically none signed up)
- how to get enough PPE to schools
- how to distance inside classrooms with up to 30 students
- how to get enough bus drivers and ensure spacing on busses
- determine requirements for stay at home if a kid or school worker or one of their family members shows Covid symptoms
- how to develop rapid testing so people aren’t waiting up to two weeks to get test results
No, I think what he’s saying is just let people die. They’re going to anyway.

No, I think what he’s saying is just let people die. They’re going to anyway.
I mean we let people die from the flu every year. And car wrecks too - don’t forget about car wrecks.

All those three are like literally the same thing... :rolleyes:

I mean we let people die from the flu every year. And car wrecks too - don’t forget about car wrecks.

All those three are like literally the same thing... :rolleyes:

And like another poster said, none of us is getting out of here alive.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

The UofL run Co-Immunity Project study estimates that 4% of the population of Louisville has had Covid.
the results from random testing of 3,000 people raised the tantalizing prospect that many New Yorkers — as many as 2.7 million, the governor said — who never knew they had been infected had already encountered the virus, and survived

the results from random testing of 3,000 people raised the tantalizing prospect that many New Yorkers — as many as 2.7 million, the governor said — who never knew they had been infected had already encountered the virus, and survived

The state of New York, which was hardest hit
In the world, has a population of almost 20M. So a little over 10%.

I think Andy Beshear is doing the best job he can do under very difficult circumstances. He is just attempting to protect us. I literally shudder to think what his predecessor would have done under these same circumstances. What, pray tell, does Andy have to gain by shutting down crowded places? Nothing.

I think Andy Beshear is doing the best job he can do under very difficult circumstances. He is just attempting to protect us. I literally shudder to think what his predecessor would have done under these same circumstances. What, pray tell, does Andy have to gain by shutting down crowded places? Nothing.

Exactly what has he done besides put a million Kentuckians out of work?

Exactly what has he done besides put a million Kentuckians out of work?

And exactly what would you have done? This is what Washington should have done to protect us but they chose to do nothing. And all of the polls are showing exactly what the majority of Americans think of that crap. Would you rather have what is going on in places like Florida and Georgia? Not me.

And exactly what would you have done? This is what Washington should have done to protect us but they chose to do nothing. And all of the polls are showing exactly what the majority of Americans think of that crap. Would you rather have what is going on in places like Florida and Georgia? Not me.

You’re forgetting your basic Civics and History.

The ONLY thing “Washington” was originally supposed to do was protect our shores and citizens from foreign invaders.

Every other bit of this Megabeauraucratictaxbleedinggovt has been an add on. Including the CDC.

Governors want to run their “show” until they run us out of money, then they blame it on Washington and scream for “assistance”.

It’s ironic how much more it’s “Washington’s” fault, no matter what the “problem” is, depends on who is POTUS.

I like it when Washington stays out of it.

I don’t want Fed agents in Portland or Chicago. They made that mess. Let them fix it.

Reactions: teamcanada

The ONLY thing “Washington” was originally supposed to do was protect our shores and citizens from foreign invaders.

Every other bit of this Megabeauraucratictaxbleedinggovt has been an add on. Including the CDC.

Governors want to run their “show” until they run us out of money, then they blame it on Washington and scream for “assistance”.

It’s ironic how much more it’s “Washington’s” fault, no matter what the “problem” is, depends on who is POTUS.

I don’t want Fed agents in Portland or Chicago. They made that mess. Let them fix it.
Umm - wut?

You really are of the belief that the only purpose of the federal government was national defense?

That’s patently absurd and a little mind blowing. Perhaps this will shed a little more light on the subject for you.

https://www.ushistory.org/gov/3a.asp

Reactions: gocds

The whole idea of the original shut down was to flatten the curve. Now the bar has moved. When the Governor says protests are OK but going to Church isn't you still defend him. Washington doesnt have a lot of say in how the Governor runs his State. And you still believe the polls?

The whole idea of the original shut down was to flatten the curve. Now the bar has moved. When the Governor says protests are OK but going to Church isn't you still defend him. Washington doesnt have a lot of say in how the Governor runs his State. And you still believe the polls?

Absolutely I still believe in the polls and if you don’t then the wool is pulled over your eyes. And you should re examine the church ban. Most churches agreed with his position on this subject. Plus how can you stop peaceful protesters? Arrest all of them? This isn’t Nazi Germany - or is it?

I’m not too sure that your “civics education” was the same as mine. I guess I like when the government does interfere like they did back in 1861. States Rights are a beautiful thing until they are wrong and then, on behalf of the rest of us, Washington is required to get involved. Perhaps we would have been better off if the Trump Administration would have gotten involved in places like Florida, Georgia, Texas and California. But they decided against it and now you see what happens/happening.

Wrong on all counts. The original shutdown was to flatten the curve but Trump wanted to open the country. No state met the criteria for reopening. States had to make decisions on their own because there was no national mandate on how to contain the virus. Protesters are allowed because of the first amendment not because Governors allow them. If we did not protest(Boston tea party) we would still be a subject to England. Well we are sort of as Trump thinks he is a king...

Absolutely I still believe in the polls and if you don’t then the wool is pulled over your eyes. And you should re examine the church ban. Most churches agreed with his position on this subject. Plus how can you stop peaceful protesters? Arrest all of them? This isn’t Nazi Germany - or is it?

So how did the polls showing Hilary in a run-a-way work out? LOL peaceful protest. Have you visited downtown Louisville lately or seen the stuff coming out of Portland?

Wrong on all counts. The original shutdown was to flatten the curve but Trump wanted to open the country. No state met the criteria for reopening. States had to make decisions on their own because there was no national mandate on how to contain the virus. Protesters are allowed because of the first amendment not because Governors allow them. If we did not protest(Boston tea party) we would still be a subject to England. Well we are sort of as Trump thinks he is a king...
States always have to make the decision on there own. The US Government can't mandate it. And last I checked the first Amendment it guaranteed freedom of religion

Well I would explain that the Russians had a lot to do with the polls back in ‘16. But none of this makes any difference as you are in total denial and full of false hope. Remember that Hillary actually won the popular vote by 2.75 million votes. So maybe, just maybe the pre election polls were somewhat accurate.

So how did the polls showing Hilary in a run-a-way work out? LOL peaceful protest. Have you visited downtown Louisville lately or seen the stuff coming out of Portland?

There is a huge difference between peaceful protesters (also guaranteed in the 1st amendment) and looters and criminals. You should know this but you want to indict all of them as criminals and that simply isn’t the truth.

Reactions: BPGhost and SoulSr
States always have to make the decision on there own. The US Government can't mandate it. And last I checked the first Amendment it guaranteed freedom of religion

Trump most certainly can mandate masks. There are questions about enforcement mechanisms.

Dude,
You must be from Canada because you either don’t know the 1st Amendment or don’t know how to read. Also part of the 1st Amendment, the right to bear grievances against the federal government.

Well I would explain that the Russians had a lot to do with the polls back in ‘16. But none of this makes any difference as you are in total denial and full of false hope. Remember that Hillary actually won the popular vote by 2.75 million votes. So maybe, just maybe the pre election polls were somewhat accurate.

There is a huge difference between peaceful protesters (also guaranteed in the 1st amendment) and looters and criminals. You should know this but you want to indict all of them as criminals and that simply isn’t the truth.

How do you tell the diferent

Always the Russians. Didnt they spend about $40 million or so and disprove that? And thank the Constitution for the Electorial College. I dont really want NY and California to elect the President or AOC or Pelosi would be running the country. How do you weed the legitimate protestors from the trouble? And I'll be glad when the Cards play again.

Dude,
You must be from Canada because you either don’t know the 1st Amendment or don’t know how to read. Also part of the 1st Amendment, the right to bear grievances against the federal government.
So which Amendment guarantees freedom of religion Mr. Civics? What grievance against the US Government would they have except that they wouldn't let them burn down a Federal Courthouse ?

First amendment protects 5 basic liberties: religion, speech, press, petition, AND assembly.

The very first sentence of the 1st Amendment is as follows “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof” . . . . In other words you can choose to worship or not worship anyway you choose and that there shall not be an establishment of a “state religion”. Pretty simple if you ask me. The balance of the amendment deals with freedom of speech, press and the right of the people to peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for redress of grievances.

If you guys can’t differentiate between peaceful protesters and anarchists you are in deep trouble if the chit really hits the fan in this country. You’ll need more than a BLM sign in the yard. And you don’t :eek:

I know. I know. I’m a paranoid conspiracy theorist and that will never happen in this country.

And no one will ever fly airliners into skyscrapers in this country either. ;)

Reactions: teamcanada
How do you tell the diferent

Always the Russians. Didnt they spend about $40 million or so and disprove that? And thank the Constitution for the Electorial College. I dont really want NY and California to elect the President or AOC or Pelosi would be running the country. How do you weed the legitimate protestors from the trouble? And I'll be glad when the Cards play again.
No, in fact they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was Russian interference in the election on behalf of trump. What they were not able to prove (though Mueller made it clear that it was not due to any evidence - just not enough evidence to substantiate the charge) was that there was coordination of the Russians interfering, with the trump campaign.

You really need to pay attention more - facts can be your friends. Even the inconvenient ones...

No, in fact they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was Russian interference in the election on behalf of trump. What they were not able to prove (though Mueller made it clear that it was not due to any evidence - just not enough evidence to substantiate the charge) was that there was coordination of the Russians interfering, with the trump campaign.

You really need to pay attention more - facts can be your friends. Even the inconvenient ones...

Yes, somebody else's fault President Trump won. The Russians brain washed people . It had nothing to do with the incompetent Democratic nominee.

Yes, somebody else's fault President Trump won. The Russians brain washed people . It had nothing to do with the incompetent Democratic nominee.
Any fault that trump won lies directly with those people that voted for him. I’m not sure about being brain-washed but when there are as many people who believed that injecting disinfectant into your body might cure Covid-19 or, believe that a Nigerian “doctor” / minister - who when she isn’t fighting the gynecological problems caused by evil spirits, is doing conclusive Covid-19 research on hydroxichloroquine - I’d say yeah, there is a significant amount of dummies out there that will believe almost anything. Interestingly, both of those examples are of people who self-identify as being part of trump’s base.

America is now understanding what it means to have elected an unserious, intellectually incurious man-baby who cares more about promoting the appearance of leading than he does actually leading and who is in charge of a group of people that neither believe in the ability of government, nor possess the understanding on how to make it work for the citizens of this country in a time of national emergency.

And yes, Hillary was a terrible candidate.

Any fault that trump won lies directly with those people that voted for him. I’m not sure about being brain-washed but when there are as many people who believed that injecting disinfectant into your body might cure Covid-19 or, believe that a Nigerian “doctor” / minister - who when she isn’t fighting the gynecological problems caused by evil spirits, is doing conclusive Covid-19 research on hydroxichloroquine - I’d say yeah, there is a significant amount of dummies out there that will believe almost anything. Interestingly, both of those examples are of people who self-identify as being part of trump’s base.

America is now understanding what it means to have elected an unserious, intellectually incurious man-baby who cares more about promoting the appearance of leading than he does actually leading and who is in charge of a group of people that neither believe in the ability of government, nor possess the understanding on how to make it work for the citizens of this country in a time of national emergency.

And yes, Hillary was a terrible candidate.
And now they have Joe Biden. Trump's not much but the Democrats in the States have moved so far left they make Tradeau look like Ronald Reagan

And now they have Joe Biden. Trump's not much but the Democrats in the States have moved so far left they make Tradeau look like Ronald Reagan
Not really sure who “Tradeau” is but your comment still is ironic, as trump supporters (I won’t call them republicans) have moved so far right, they make Reagan look like Trudeau.

Say what you will about Biden but trump sure is doing his best to make him look good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT