ADVERTISEMENT

ACC out-of-conference .. projected records. What are your swing games for conference pride?

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Trying to figure out how the ACC will fare in out-of-conference games this coming football season. What does the board think??

Which are the swing games, that will help, or hurt, the ACC's rep as a football conference?

Looking at it school-by-school ... bolded games are my swing games (purely my opinion, nothing else).

Boston College
UMass
Holy Cross
At Purdue
Temple

Going to hope BC gets all 4, but will predict 3 and 1, losing to Purdue. Temple is no slouch though, either.

Clemson
Furman
At Texas A&M
Georgia Southern
South Carolina

I think Clemson is the best team in the country, so I think they get all 4 of these. Tell Jimbo we said hey. 4 and 0.

Duke
Army
At Northwestern
At Baylor

NC Central

I have no idea what Duke will do this year. I hope they sweep these, but for the sake of not totally being a homer, I'll put them at 3 and 1.

Florida State
Samford
Northern Illinois
At Notre Dame
Florida

I bet the Noles drop one to either ND or Florida. Put me down for 3 and 1.

Georgia Tech
Alcorn State
At South Florida
Bowling Green
At Georgia

This looks like 3 and 1 to me.

Louisville
vs Alabama
Indiana State
Western Kentucky
Kentucky

Boy oh boy, wouldn't 4 and 0 be awesome here?? Sadly, I think this is a solid 3 and 1.

Miami
vs. LSU
Savannah State
At Toledo
FIU

Gonna go ahead and say it ... 4 and 0. Obviously, LSU is the tough one here. But their coach ... come on man. You got this Canes..

North Carolina
At Cal
At East Carolina
UCF
Western Carolina

C'mon Heels. Gotta get some revenge against Cal. Put me down for 2 and 2 though. Cal and UCF. Pirates are pesky, and will have the motivation to want to pull the upset, and a raucous home crowd. But the Heels will get this one. Right? Right??

NC State
James Madison
Georgia State
West Virginia
At Marshall

That game versus Mountain Momma could give us a Big XII scalp. I'm gonna say 4 and 0 here. But I know nothing about WVU.

Pitt
Albany
Penn State
At UCF
At Notre Dame

Dayum boys. 3 toughies. I'll root for better, but I'll put you down for 2 and 2.

Syracuse
At Western Michigan
Wagner
UConn
vs Notre Dame

Western Michigan on the road. Mmmm. A tough one to start. But I'm putting my faith in Dino and the boys there. Put me down for 3 and 1.

Virginia
Richmond
At Indiana
Ohio
Liberty

The Hoosiers. On the road. UVA rebuilding a bit. Hopefully ... the Cavs can do it. It should be a good game. But put me down for 3 and 1.

Virginia Tech
William & Mary
East Carolina
At Old Dominion
Notre Dame

Hosting the Irish. Could be electric. I want to say 4 and 0 here. I really do. But put me down for 3 and 1.

Wake Forest
At Tulane
Towson
Notre Dame
Rice

3 and 1.

So ... grand total ... 43 and 13. Not too bad. BUT ...

Of the bolded games, 8 and 13. Oomph. And there are other tough games not bolded too.

Where am I wrong? Surely all over the place. But just trying to get some football talk going before the season starts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News