ADVERTISEMENT

ACC could finish 8-2 on Day 1

It happened! Clemson was down 6-0 in their game and then roared back with 24 runs to win their game with a very football like score of 24-10. Miami was tied 2-2 with Stetson, but scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th to pull out the win. I watched some of that game on ESPN3. It honestly looked like someone was using a handheld camcorder to videotape it. The worst video production I have seen by ESPN in a long, long time.

The SEC was 4-2 on the first day, with wins by Florida, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, and LSU, but big upset losses on their home fields by South Carolina and Mississippi. Vandy's game last night was rained out. They currently trail Xavier 1-0 in the 4th inning.

Georgia Tech is winning 6-3 in their elimination game against Bethune-Cookman, and Duke is tied 2-2 against South Carolina in their elimination game.

Last edited:
Duke is giving traditional SEC powerhouse South Carolina all they want. Chris Pollard has done a great job at Duke by ending a 55 year drought by reaching the NCAA post season.

Reactions: PushupMan
South Carolina rallied to pull that game against Duke outta their arse.

Vandy got demolished ... after a 13 run 7th, 15-1. They should be starting their elimination game right about now. I totally feel for those Vandy kids. As I have stated in other threads, if ever there was a 1 seed with an excuse, it is them.

Ole Miss gave up 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th to get bounced out of its own regional in 2 games. So now the SEC is 5-4 in the tourney and has 6 teams left, with 4 in the winner's bracket and 2 (Vandy and South Carolina) in the loser's bracket. I agree with you about Vandy, PG.

Georgia Tech won easily earlier today, so now the ACC is 9-3 so far with 8 teams still in the winner's bracket and 1 in the loser's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT