ADVERTISEMENT

ACC 10 + 1 schedule

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Home Games: Florida State, Miami, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Road Games: Notre Dame, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Virginia

Last edited:
Not enough nbc money in the world - IMO - to bail the domers out. Let them join for real or, let them sit this season out.

Reactions: 407nole
Looking forward (I hope) to see TBA dates & times. Also whether we are part of the drawl for our season tickets???? It’s going to be interesting to see how they handle ticket distribution.

Reactions: gocds
I'm not too disappointed that we don't get Clemson this year. As good a year as we had and as good as recruiting is this year, we're still rebuilding, especially on defense.

Looking forward (I hope) to see TBA dates & times. Also whether we are part of the drawl for our season tickets???? It’s going to be interesting to see how they handle ticket distribution.

Well my tickets are paid for so there is that. I’m wondering if UofL is awaiting direction from the ACC on how many fans will be allowed (on a percentage basis) in the stands, if any. If the ACC gives a percentage then how will our tickets be distributed OR will we be assigned certain games that we can attend. And how about TV rights and which games will be shown on ESPN. In a discussion with a friend yesterday he suggested that we might be watching games on Thursday, Friday AND Saturday this coming season - TV money baby. He just might be right especially if “tailgating” is limited on university property. Also, will the cayuts become the “coward cayuts” or will there be a game on the Saturday of Thanksgiving week. We’ll just have to wait for the $ec to actually make a decision on that. So many questions and so few answers and we’ll continue to wait . . . .

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

Probably not a huge deal, but I wonder how much game prep and film the coaches watched of NCST, as they planned for the opener. Regarding ND in all of this, I'm fine with it. Why not allow their inclusion during these uncertain times? The conference helps them out, they share TV revenue, it's a win/win.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Well my tickets are paid for so there is that. I’m wondering if UofL is awaiting direction from the ACC on how many fans will be allowed (on a percentage basis) in the stands, if any. If the ACC gives a percentage then how will our tickets be distributed OR will we be assigned certain games that we can attend. And how about TV rights and which games will be shown on ESPN. In a discussion with a friend yesterday he suggested that we might be watching games on Thursday, Friday AND Saturday this coming season - TV money baby. He just might be right especially if “tailgating” is limited on university property. Also, will the cayuts become the “coward cayuts” or will there be a game on the Saturday of Thanksgiving week. We’ll just have to wait for the $ec to actually make a decision on that. So many questions and so few answers and we’ll continue to wait . . . .

UNC announced no season tickets and we are looking at 15000 maybe 25000 admittance to maintain social distancing (whatever the CDC recommendation at the time). Rams club members and team family members given priority when assigning seats and purchasing tickets. Doubt any tickets will made available to the general public.

UNC announced no season tickets and we are looking at 15000 maybe 25000 admittance to maintain social distancing (whatever the CDC recommendation at the time). Rams club members and team family members given priority when assigning seats and purchasing tickets. Doubt any tickets will made available to the general public.

Thanks tarheel for the bad news/reality of the possibility of our '20 FB season. :(

Thanks tarheel for the bad news/reality of the possibility of our '20 FB season. :(

Yeah PHCARD I assume (yes, I know about assuming) that we’ll be in the 25K range allowed in. My question is how will the 25K, or so, be chosen? All of this allows the fact that we just might be playing with NO fans, i.e., MLB games. This might call for a renegotiating of TV contracts, but WTH do I know.

There are so many questions. Do they just go by CAF points and only those at the top get tickets for all games? Or do they let all season ticket holders attend at least some of the games? I assume there will be no tickets for visiting fans so I’ll get back the money I paid for Clemson and Virginia tickets.
I’ve already paid for my two season tickets and I don’t have a ton of CAF points because I don’t have men’s basketball tickets. I’ll be content with whatever UofL decides. I know they have to make some tough economic choices and they have to keep those who pay most of the bills happy.

If we go by Lou City's model, we are looking at 30%.

This would be about 19,500 seats. Or about 9,750 pairs of tickets.

On the other board, one poster wrote that their CAF rep. told them that they'll be using points for ticket selection.

I have less than a 100. I doubt I'll make the cut.

If I knew how many season tickets we sold last season, we could back out some numbers.

My season tickets are on the flight deck and most games you are social distancing up there anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelers2012
If we go by Lou City's model, we are looking at 30%.

This would be about 19,500 seats. Or about 9,750 pairs of tickets.

On the other board, one poster wrote that their CAF rep. told them that they'll be using points for ticket selection.

I have less than a 100. I doubt I'll make the cut.

Lou FC fans have done a great job meeting g the mask/distancing requirements. I must say I don’t have great faith that all of our fans base will adhere to the requirements. Hope I’m wrong.

ND fans in the stand on game day will come from season ticket holders with tenure. They haven't announced a number yet but it sounds like maybe 5 to 10 thousand. Nothing was said about fans of the opponents yet. This virus really sucks!

Last edited:
My season tickets are on the flight deck and most games you are social distancing up there anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.
Same here. Just moved from Section 10 to Section 8 this off season. Doubt us poors in the Flight Deck have much in the way of CAF points, so I’m wondering if they will choose fans by ticket longevity or something similar. I have had FD tickets since they built it. Hoping that helps me out. Surely, lower stadium fans with higher CAF points won’t be offered FD tickets once lower level seating runs out.

Reactions: teamcanada
If I am not mistaken, the amount tickets are based upon capacity first, then social distancing determines if you have the ability to increase or decrease the number of tickets.

So if there are only so many tickets, I don't think it will matter much where they are at.

I was thinking the same thing about just spreading out all of the season ticket holders across the lower bowl, UPS FD, B&W, Adidas, and the PNC
sections which they already where seating.

It wasn't until I read what UNC, Georgia, FL St, & Ohio St were doing that I realized a lot of us will be watching from home this Fall.

So, lets say you have lower bowl seats maybe 25 yd line 12-15 rows up that you’ve paid $60 for.

Then you get notified you’re “in” but now you’re in the flight deck $10 seats due to distancing.

How’s that going to sit with people? I would not be happy and I don’t think many would.

You have to wonder, would UL be better to PO everybody, play with no fans, and hope we all come back next year...or let a few in this year and PO 75% and hope most of them come back after being dissed?

Not to mention if/when a bunch of social “causes” get force fed to people looking for entertainment

Tough call. Tough times.

With no end in sight.

Not enough nbc money in the world - IMO - to bail the domers out. Let them join for real or, let them sit this season out.

You do realize the ACC didn’t bail ND out?
The ND AD straight up said they had dozens of calls from other ADs offering to play ND.
Fans and much of the media don’t understand what AD’s do, that’s why they are not ADs.
Multiple reports are out explaining how immediately after the announcement the Disney owner networks started fighting (ABC/ESPN/ACC Network) to telecast the ND/ACC games and the +1 model was ND’s request. Last year ND played one game on the ACC network, against Duke, and it was the highest rated game for them and Duke’s only sellout.
The ACC commissioner and ADs aren’t stupid. ND helps the ACC as a conference that has been seen as Clemson and 13 other teams recently. Watch how many national games they will have now and how much attention the conference gets.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
You do realize the ACC didn’t bail ND out?
The ND AD straight up said they had dozens of calls from other ADs offering to play ND.
Fans and much of the media don’t understand what AD’s do, that’s why they are not ADs.
Multiple reports are out explaining how immediately after the announcement the Disney owner networks started fighting (ABC/ESPN/ACC Network) to telecast the ND/ACC games and the +1 model was ND’s request. Last year ND played one game on the ACC network, against Duke, and it was the highest rated game for them and Duke’s only sellout.
The ACC commissioner and ADs aren’t stupid. ND helps the ACC as a conference that has been seen as Clemson and 13 other teams recently. Watch how many national games they will have now and how much attention the conference gets.
Oh, well if “the ND AD straight up said” it, then it must be true. :rolleyes:

Who, pray tell, were those schools lining up to play the domers? I mean the ACC, SEC, B1G and PAC12 have already said, that if they actually end up playing football - it’ll be against conference members only. The big 12 is getting ready to follow suit but even if they do not, to my knowledge, the domers are not on any of those teams’ schedules.

I guess it could’ve been an exciting season of playing the service academies and other assorted conference USA squads - I mean UNTIL THE ACC BAILED THE domers OUT.

I -nor should any other ACC conference fan - don’t give a shit that the nd game vs. duke was their highest rated or, about your overinflated opinion of nd football. The ACC should tell nd either to join completely - or kick their other overrated & mediocre athletic teams out on their asses. Go be independent in everything I say.

Oh, well if “the ND AD straight up said” it, then it must be true. :rolleyes:

Who, pray tell, were those schools lining up to play the domers? I mean the ACC, SEC, B1G and PAC12 have already said, that if they actually end up playing football - it’ll be against conference members only. The big 12 is getting ready to follow suit but even if they do not, to my knowledge, the domers are not on any of those teams’ schedules.

I guess it could’ve been an exciting season of playing the service academies and other assorted conference USA squads - I mean UNTIL THE ACC BAILED THE domers OUT.

I -nor should any other ACC conference fan - don’t give a shit that the nd game vs. duke was their highest rated or, about your overinflated opinion of nd football. The ACC should tell nd either to join completely - or kick their other overrated & mediocre athletic teams out on their asses. Go be independent in everything I say.

You do say the darndest things. The ACC was contractually bound to play ND six games this year. There's five other independents looking for game opponents. There was NO BAIL OUT by the ACC. They saw an opportunity to show ND what it would mean to them in joining a conference. They took it but I don't see ND joining any conference in football until the end of the ACC deal. Who knows what college football will look like in 2037? ND will do what's best for their football program. The ACC will do what's best for their conference. The fans have NO say in the matter.

You do say the darndest things. The ACC was contractually bound to play ND six games this year. There's five other independents looking for game opponents. There was NO BAIL OUT by the ACC. They saw an opportunity to show ND what it would mean to them in joining a conference. They took it but I don't see ND joining any conference in football until the end of the ACC deal. Who knows what college football will look like in 2037? ND will do what's best for their football program. The ACC will do what's best for their conference. The fans have NO say in the matter.
nd had contracts to play Stanford, Wisconsin and USC - but you saw what happened to to those games when those respective conferences announced their schools would only play games against other conference opponents. The exact same would (should) have happened had the ACC followed suit, leaving nd out in the cold with respect to finding 11 games vs. P5 opponents.

I understand as a domer fan you have an entitlement complex but to any unbiased observer, bailing out nd is exactly what the ACC did. You should just just say “thank you very much” and then be quiet.

nd had contracts to play Stanford, Wisconsin and USC - but you saw what happened to to those games when those respective conferences announced their schools would only play games against other conference opponents. The exact same would (should) have happened had the ACC followed suit, leaving nd out in the cold with respect to finding 11 games vs. P5 opponents.

I understand as a domer fan you have an entitlement complex but to any unbiased observer, bailing out nd is exactly what the ACC did. You should just just say “thank you very much” and then be quiet.

No, as a partial member of the ACC ND by contract is allowed six games this season. Totally different animal than the games you just mentioned. Yes I will say thank you to the ACC for saving ND from playing four games against weak Independent opponents. No I will not be quiet because some loud mouth suggest I do. You insinuated that I am biased; well I would suggest we're all biased toward our favorite team, you're no different. Are you afraid of the possible journey to Notre Dame Stadium hopefully this year? I expect 95% of your fan base is looking forward to the up coming war. I just hope it takes place. I regret it won't be played before another sellout crowd. Entitlement complex, now that's funny. ND hasn't won a NC in 32 years. ND and Louisville are on the same plain in football. Why should I have the right to act entitle? I just hope for another 10 plus winning season. I just stated the obvious but your to biased against ND to see it. I've always posted here politely and friendly. You called me out and I responded with the truth.

Last edited:
No, as a partial member of the ACC ND by contract is allowed six games this season. Totally different animal than the games you just mentioned. Yes I will say thank you to the ACC for saving ND from playing four games against weak Independent opponents. No I will not be quiet because some loud mouth suggest I do. You insinuated that I am biased; well I would suggest we're all biased toward our favorite team, you're no different. Are you afraid of the possible journey to Notre Dame Stadium hopefully this year? I expect 95% of your fan base is looking forward to the up coming war. I just hope it takes place. I regret it won't be played before another sellout crowd. Entitlement complex, now that's funny. ND hasn't won a NC in 32 years. ND and Louisville are on the same plain in football. Why should I have the right to act entitle? I just hope for another 10 plus winning season. I just stated the obvious but your to biased against ND to see it. I've always posted here politely and friendly. You called me out and I responded with the truth.
1. The only thing that would scare me about a trip to south bend is that I would again get caught in traffic on the 40 miles of two lane road that leads into that depressing dump. No one on UofL’s side should be scared about playing the domers at their place - UofL hung an L on them last time up there with a RB playing QB.

2. I didn’t call you - or anyone - out. I posted an opinion that I’ve had since the days of the BE - when that conference allowed themselves to be used as a dumping ground for nd sports not named football. Some other domer replied to that and you jumped in on my reply to that individual.

3. Glad you finally agreed to the fact that the ACC bailed out nd. I consider the discussion closed at this point.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
ADVERTISEMENT