ADVERTISEMENT

About this year....

NENCHeel

1500+
Mar 31, 2009
OK I admit I was really REALLY looking forward to another shot at you guys in the ACC Tourney. The news today sucks from that perspective but it's simply not as important as your program.

Take it from a guy that has suffered for several years over the crap smeared on our program....it hurts like sin but you WILL survive and come back with your heads held high. Don't do what some of our "fans" did and believe everything you read in the papers or on internet. I'd trust Pitino over almost any talking head on ESPN with the possible exception of Jay Bilas. Trust in him and your friends and the University and try to be patient.

So I'll see you guys next season...take care, come back and come back HUNGRY. I want some MORE great games with your team and fans. :)

Knuckle the final reports/probation terms are expected in May-June of this year. We expect the results will point out that the only NCAA violations found were in three of the women's programs and the men's "revenue sports" will not be penalized. Like it or not, it's what the NCAA has told our leadership. So if we get more than a large fine and sanctions against our women's hoops and soccer teams I'll be surprised.

Knuckle the final reports/probation terms are expected in May-June of this year. We expect the results will point out that the only NCAA violations found were in three of the women's programs and the men's "revenue sports" will not be penalized. Like it or not, it's what the NCAA has told our leadership. So if we get more than a large fine and sanctions against our women's hoops and soccer teams I'll be surprised.

So no UNC football or basketball players were taking the BS courses? If you believe that you'll believe some Nigerian wants to send you $10 million.

This UNC poster actually posted one of the classiest posts after their loss to us Monday. He deserves our respect. Go read his post....you will feel like the a-hole for bringing up UNC issues. NenCHeel, I guess every fan base has some classless fans.

So no UNC football or basketball players were taking the BS courses? If you believe that you'll believe some Nigerian wants to send you $10 million.

Of course some took the courses Fred. So you think that all the NCAA has to do is decide that ALL the courses were corrupt, despite meeting the criteria as accepted courses leading to a degree and available to ALL students in the University. The only way the NCAA can decide those courses were NOT legitimate is to take over deciding which courses are "hard' or "easy" for every class at every NCAA member school in all the divisions. The NCAA has already spoken on that and said it's a non-starter.

Now if you think that UNC should rule all those classes invalid and all students that took them should lose the credits earned, then you can try to rationally explain to the thousands of non-athletes who also took them that the credit hours they used towards their degrees are no longer valid and you want the diplomas back.

Now you can get back to your banking contacts in Nigeria. :)

So UNC committed complete academic fraud to keep their soccer and women's swimming student athletes eligible. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: pharm727
Of course some took the courses Fred. So you think that all the NCAA has to do is decide that ALL the courses were corrupt, despite meeting the criteria as accepted courses leading to a degree and available to ALL students in the University. The only way the NCAA can decide those courses were NOT legitimate is to take over deciding which courses are "hard' or "easy" for every class at every NCAA member school in all the divisions. The NCAA has already spoken on that and said it's a non-starter.

Now if you think that UNC should rule all those classes invalid and all students that took them should lose the credits earned, then you can try to rationally explain to the thousands of non-athletes who also took them that the credit hours they used towards their degrees are no longer valid and you want the diplomas back.

So as long as it's a university wide standard it doesn't matter how low that standard has become? That's a wonderful academic institution you have there. How UNC doesn't at least jeopardize its accreditation in all this is amazing. And to think how much the average person holds UNC is such higher esteem than UofL, what a joke.

Accrediting institutions force their universities to discredit degrees all the time or threaten loss of total institutional accreditation. Happens all the time. Happened to DeVry Univerity in Louisville not to long ago and their case wasn't as aggregous as UNC's.

OK I admit I was really REALLY looking forward to another shot at you guys in the ACC Tourney. The news today sucks from that perspective but it's simply not as important as your program.

Take it from a guy that has suffered for several years over the crap smeared on our program....it hurts like sin but you WILL survive and come back with your heads held high. Don't do what some of our "fans" did and believe everything you read in the papers or on internet. I'd trust Pitino over almost any talking head on ESPN with the possible exception of Jay Bilas. Trust in him and your friends and the University and try to be patient.

So I'll see you guys next season...take care, come back and come back HUNGRY. I want some MORE great games with your team and fans. :)
The reason the investigation is taking so long is because of the bungling by the UNC administration. UNC has no one to blame for the timeline but themselves. BTW, pretty crappy how you treated the one staff member who had the guts to whistle low the whole scam.

The UNC fan may be a polite poster, but he's also stuck his head so far in the sand I'm afraid he suffocated long ago. Now, I'm not deflecting what happened here, but come on. UNC is guilty of the worst institutional fraud in NCAA history, and crickets are chirping at the NCAA headquarters. Some UL players may have had sex with a prostitute, I don't know; but at least we didn't screw our own players like UNC did. They used those players like rented mules to make millions upon millions, then cheated them out of the education they were obligated to provide.

Our Administration should stand up and say: "we're not accepting any penalty from you (the NCAA) until we see a proper reckoning with UNC."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT