ADVERTISEMENT

A most accurate scouting report on Lamar

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
Like the article says, right situation, right team and he will excel. He goes to the Browns, gets put out there with the wolves initially, it could be detrimental to his career. Better team with better O lines and solid system, he'll get his chance to learn, grow and eventually a chance to play. I think he's sitting in the perfect position draft wise. Not going to be a Top 10 or maybe even 15 in the draft. Later in the first round would be ideal, with better teams showing interest. I don't know if I like the Jags, as they have hitched their wagon to a young QB in Bortles and have had success, so short of an injury to Bortles, don't know if he would be given an ample opportunity there. Same with Seattle.Washington would be interesting. San Diego as well as Rivers is nearing his end. Had been hearing a lot of NY Giants talk which might be a good situation as well as Mannings years are numbered. Maybe a Pittsburgh where he could be Cordell Stewart 2. Rothlesberger is nearing his end. A couple of years of tutelage from some of these greats and then the reigns handed over would be perfect. I just don't think the kid is ready to just go into a floundering system, playing before he is ready and prosper.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Like the article says, right situation, right team and he will excel. He goes to the Browns, gets put out there with the wolves initially, it could be detrimental to his career. Better team with better O lines and solid system, he'll get his chance to learn, grow and eventually a chance to play. I think he's sitting in the perfect position draft wise. Not going to be a Top 10 or maybe even 15 in the draft. Later in the first round would be ideal, with better teams showing interest. I don't know if I like the Jags, as they have hitched their wagon to a young QB in Bortles and have had success, so short of an injury to Bortles, don't know if he would be given an ample opportunity there. Same with Seattle.Washington would be interesting. San Diego as well as Rivers is nearing his end. Had been hearing a lot of NY Giants talk which might be a good situation as well as Mannings years are numbered. Maybe a Pittsburgh where he could be Cordell Stewart 2. Rothlesberger is nearing his end. A couple of years of tutelage from some of these greats and then the reigns handed over would be perfect. I just don't think the kid is ready to just go into a floundering system, playing before he is ready and prosper.
Good points. The only thing I’d argue with is about playing behind the Browns offensive line. It’s actually a team strength now with JC Tretter at center, Joel Bitonio (one of the best young Guards in the league), Kevin Zeitler (another former all pro Guard), Hall of Fame Left Tackle Joe Thomas (assuming he comes back healthy) and young Right Tackle Shon Coleman, who was pretty good last year in pass protection but got called for too many holding penalties.

The Browns, have the cash and the draft picks to add another stud receiver and running back to help their young QB also.

I love the thought of Lamar going to The Chargers as you mentioned. Although they are completely different types of QBs, LJ could learn a ton from Philip Rivers.

It's been talked and written about over and over.

Pro QB's aren't much on "teaching" their back up, the guy who wants their job, anything. Not even old ones.

They don't want to be Wally Pipp.

Reactions: Louisvillian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT