ADVERTISEMENT

6 days to NSD and only 3 commitments?

Nov 24, 2018
You guys greeting nervous?

Satterfield should go after Milton Wright who is committed to Purdue. And a few more of their 4 stars. Hoosier would be very appreciative of that.

Satterfield should go after Milton Wright who is committed to Purdue. And a few more of their 4 stars. Hoosier would be very appreciative of that.
Don’t care what the Hosers appreciate. We’ll see in Feb how the class looks. I’m not optimistic for this year, but I am for future years after that.

Reactions: Deeva
Given are new staff is just being put together I’m not to concerned. The class that Petrino had put together was weak very weak. Thankfully we only have 12 slots and he’s getting visits so I’m going to be patient. Next year should be huge.

Given are new staff is just being put together I’m not to concerned. The class that Petrino had put together was weak very weak. Thankfully we only have 12 slots and he’s getting visits so I’m going to be patient. Next year should be huge.
Expect that we may more vacancies than anticipated because of unanticipated jumps to the nfl. I know Smith wishes he had gone last year. Not saying anyone would make it , but Christiansen wasn't any better than some of our current OL and got drafted.

Here's the issue....

Any kid that was going to sign on the 19th probably isn't going to be swayed. So, you go after the ones that aren't signing and utilize previous relationships and try and put together the best possible class you can. This is a very small class so the impact to the overall roster is minimal. The worst thing CSS could do is panic and bring in a group of kids just to have bodies (cough, Petrino's original class.) Go after who you think you need and want and try your best....if you don't get them, so be it. If this were a full 20+ class only having 3 commits would be a massive issue...luckily thats not the case.

Expect that we may more vacancies than anticipated because of unanticipated jumps to the nfl. I know Smith wishes he had gone last year. Not saying anyone would make it , but Christiansen wasn't any better than some of our current OL and got drafted.

Yeah I’m not to concerned with that

I presume you're talking about Jaylen Smith? He's a senior. I think we may see some transfers, but I don't see any current players leaving for the NFL.

I'm sure Satt will give him a call. But, WR's should be the last position he recruits. Defensive Linemen should be a priority.

Robbins is abouit to decommit and don't be surprised if Williamson does also. Based on what Bobby staff was doing recruiting wise hard to tell if any of these players were even worth it.

New regime total diffrent systems recruit to your system no need trying to place more squares into a round hole does no one any good. Considering you have a team of players that he has to make work in his system already besides the ones who might transfer.

Why are we not trying to play Robbins at RB? It’s not like we’ve had a stable back since Radcliff? Hall is about the only one that has a chance to make it through an entire season as the starter.

At this point we just need to address depth issues at OL, DL, LB, TE and QB. If we can just add a couple solid 4/5 year players at each of those positions to add depth I will be happy. This will be an extremely small class, may grow due to transfers, etc.

2020 will be a large class for us and I'm hoping we gain a ton of steam with high 3* and 4* guys.

Last edited:
Robbins is abouit to decommit and don't be surprised if Williamson does also. Based on what Bobby staff was doing recruiting wise hard to tell if any of these players were even worth it.

New regime total diffrent systems recruit to your system no need trying to place more squares into a round hole does no one any good. Considering you have a team of players that he has to make work in his system already besides the ones who might transfer.

Williamson visited UK last weekend and they are trying to flip him. TBD how that turns out. surely will know more after this weekend's visit

Nah. CSS and staff have been here for exactly 11 days now. December is a wash. February even next May and June will be when we get the good ones.

This is hilarious. An IU fan talking smack about FB. This last year the planet must have been spinning in reverse. Does IU actually have a FB program? Why yes they do it’s called soccer. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT