ADVERTISEMENT

6 ACC teams in Top 25

I ignore the polls with Big Ten teams rated. That's BS. But I'm glad to see the ACC doing well.

ACC has the biggest dog in the yard right now. Better conference than the Big or Pac 12 for sure.
Arguably better balanced top to bottom than the Big 10 or SEC, which each have three, four normally heavy hitters and everyone else playing catchup.

Within the next 2 or 3 years I think the ACC will be as tough as the B1G and SEC.
I don’t know about that, I just do not see it right now. The SEC has Bama, Auburn LSU, Georgia, and Florida all as programs that can compete for national titles. Not to mention after that a program like Ole Miss Texas A&M or Tennessee who brings in top recruiting classes every year.

Clemson is the only power program. FSU is a mess, but has the potential to get back being a power. Then you have us, UNC, VT, Miami, Pitt, Wake, Virginia, NC State, GT, and BC all stuck in the middle. We all bounce around from year to year. Even Duke and Cuse have had good teams to be honest.

For the ACC to rise, FSU has to become a consistent power for starters. Then you need Miami to get back to being elite. Add in VT being a consistently strong program. Finally, Georgia Tech is in the middle of the best talent in the nation, if they can start recruiting top classes every year and winning, they could become a power.

But as of now, we’re Clemson and a bunch of dudes this year, featuring Notre Dame as a guest star.

I am not so sure about Auburn and LSU competing for a title within the next few years. LSU looks like a train wreck and Auburn has been stumbling during the season for years now.

Reactions: Mayoman
In the SEC, Kirby Smart will have to find a way to get past Alabama. Florida is a really strange team....kinda like watching a Big 12 school (tons offense, no defense).
Texas aTm is likely the 4th best team...but a big space between 2 and 4.
Every other team is in a mish mash of rebuild, figuring out, or just hanging in.

I am not so sure about Auburn and LSU competing for a title within the next few years. LSU looks like a train wreck and Auburn has been stumbling during the season for years now.

Well I certainly didn’t realize LSU lost 42 players from last year. No wonder they look like a busted team. Wow!

And SEC rubes talk about the ACC being Clemson and everybody else!!!

This year it looks like BAMA and nobody else for the SEC. Oops some still rank UGA #3 in the USA...wow, Bama must be #1+++++ if that is true.

Now enters the B10....lets see what they got besides OSU! o_O :rolleyes:;)

And SEC rubes talk about the ACC being Clemson and everybody else!!!

This year it looks like BAMA and nobody else for the SEC. Oops some still rank UGA #3 in the USA...wow, Bama must be #1+++++ if that is true.

Now enters the B10....lets see what they got besides OSU! o_O :rolleyes:;)
Big 10 has Ohio State in the clear lead, but then you have Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State as programs who have been good recently. Nebraska is a traditional power that may get back with Frost and now Minnesota is looking strong.

Problem is with the ACC is that after Clemson and FSU, there’s no power. And with FSU down it makes us even worse. Virginia was our 2nd NY6 rep last year.

If Notre Dame joined full time and FSU makes it back, then the conference becomes a much tougher league. But the entire league after Clemson is just flat inconsistent. It’s not a bad league, but just a lot of average Power 5 programs that are interchangeable.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT