ADVERTISEMENT

3/6/21 SENIOR DAY- LOUISVILLE VS VIRGINIA GAME THREAD- 4:00 ESPN2

Currently losing interest in baseball for today. Women pull it off in Tourney. I’m ready for some MBB. Go Cards!

Reactions: shadow force
It is like watching the game on a 13” screen everyone is small. I watched the ladies game and they didn’t have that distant camera angle.

Jones has zero points. I hope he gets going in the 2nd half.

Worthless. Other than UK, there's not another team I despise more than Virginia. Every year our coaches do the same thing against them and we score 20 points in a half.

The one win these past 5 years was when Nwora and company made fifteen 3's, shooting a ton. Why Jones and Johnson keep trying to pick and roll or pop when Virginia stops it every time I just don't get.

We have a better chance of winning by playing recklessly. Shooting quick 3's and hoping to get hot. There's nothing we can do to win in the half court without a inside scoring threat. Without finishing on drives and put backs.

I long for the day when we have a Moses Wight down low and a wing forward who can finish at the rim when we play Virginia.

Need to try zone because the switching is not getting it done. Virginia just waits for the mismatch and shoots over the top.

Somebody for Virginia always lights it up against Louisville. It's unreal! I guess confidence is high when you know your team owns another team.

Nothing this team can really do except continue to play hard as they are doing this game .

Last edited:
UofL's ACC Tournament seeding scenarios based on today's results:

3 - UofL wins - Play Clemson/Notre Dame/Wake Forest

6 - UofL loses, Duke wins - Play Notre Dame-Wake Forest winner, then Virginia Tech

7 - UofL loses, UNC wins - Play Duke-Boston College winner, then Florida State

Can't be hard on the kid .He is playing out of position and personally i think he just got tired and it all snowballed from their missed Ft's ,foul he's young and he let it get in his head.

Reactions: shadow force
UofL's ACC Tournament seeding scenarios based on today's results:

3 - UofL wins - Play Clemson/Notre Dame/Wake Forest

6 - UofL loses, Duke wins - Play Notre Dame-Wake Forest winner, then Virginia Tech

7 - UofL loses, UNC wins - Play Duke-Boston College winner, then Florida State
Under that scenario, let’s go dookies!

Reactions: PHCARD
Only thing you can take away from this game is that you had a team and a coach that knows how to win a big and an important game vs a team and coach that doesn’t yet. Bennett keyed on Carlick to not beat him and there ya go. Our players overall just aren’t basketball savvy. Hope we win our first game of the ACC tourney.. if not we will be sweating to get in the NCAA tourney

I only recall cheering for Duke one time. Let’s see, when would that have been? 😎

Only thing you can take away from this game is that you had a team and a coach that knows how to win a big and an important game vs a team and coach that doesn’t yet. Bennett keyed on Carlick to not beat him and there ya go. Our players overall just aren’t basketball savvy. Hope we win our first game of the ACC tourney.. if not we will be sweating to get in the NCAA tourney
And a coach that has his system in place & his players run it to perfection. They have better players than us right now too, so that matters a bit.

UofL can't shoot the 3, has no size, has no depth, and is really young. Team has done well to get on the bubble really. If they are going to do anything in the post season if they get there I think Johnson is going to have to play at his best. Jones can't win it on his own.

And a coach that has his system in place & his players run it to perfection. They have better players than us right now too, so that matters a bit.
Seedy K's analysis is right on at CC. Disappointing that we do what the opposing coach plans for us to do.

Seedy K's analysis is right on at CC. Disappointing that we do what the opposing coach plans for us to do.
I guess Rick had the recipe figured out . Mack has won a game look it's not rocket science with this team they lack a true inside presence and a consistent outside shooting game. And unfortunately in BB matchups matter . This card team as constructed at present just does not have all the correct pieces to go e toe toe with every opponent . Every team has strengths and weakness's . And that was actually the one thing even Rick constantly harped on was match up's . Heck we never had the personal to go against Uk .

Just saying this season was a complete joke for every body for the most part.

Last edited:
Something i never have giving thought about or how it works. Maybe someone can give a an intelligent rundown on this question.

Ncaa seeding now everybody saying we on the 8/9 line which is not good for two reasons your first game is a team that is supposedly very equal which seems to play out that way every year. So that's not a penciled in win. The second game is vs the nbr 1 seed very likely a loss.

So the question is getting a lower seed anywhere from 10-14 puts you in better situations vs 2-3 seeds . How do they get us off the 8/9 line into one of those seeds since we are allegedly on the bubble or out as some seem to think.?

I haven't followed it closely or looked at much computer #"s but I can't see Louisville getting an 8/9 they have 0 big wins not really finishing strong just not a lot in the resume to get into the 8/9 line. I'd just be happy for the players if they got the invite.

ADVERTISEMENT