ADVERTISEMENT

2020 schedule is official. We open w/ NCST Thursday, 9/3.

Some interesting tidbits: the Cards play 7 teams who had 8 wins or more last season. The Cards lead the overall series against 7 opponents ( NCST, Murray, WKU, Cuse, BC,UVA, WF) and are tied in the all time series with Notre Dame. We are a combine 4-21 against FSU and Clemson. We probably need to improve on that.

I find it intriguing that ND plays six ACC opponents this season. I would rather see more ACC opponents (rather than Michigan types) filling out the schedule.

Reactions: PHCARD
Some interesting tidbits: the Cards play 7 teams who had 8 wins or more last season. The Cards lead the overall series against 7 opponents ( NCST, Murray, WKU, Cuse, BC,UVA, WF) and are tied in the all time series with Notre Dame. We are a combine 4-21 against FSU and Clemson. We probably need to improve on that.

You callin your shot ?
You predicting UofL over Clemson :cool:

8-4 [losses to FSU, Clemson, ND and one obligatory WTF loss]

I really believe Norvell will have FSU rolling so thats why I pick that one as a loss. If it were earlier, I would pick us to win.

I like 8-4 but I'm going with a win vs FSU and a loss to VT. We come off a bye and return home for FSU. Satterfield teams are historically strong off a bye (minus Miami last year). I would predict we lose to VT the next week after a big win vs the Noles. The Hokies are returning a lot of talent and production from a young team and should be the preseason favorites out of the Coastal.

I find it intriguing that ND plays six ACC opponents this season. I would rather see more ACC opponents (rather than Michigan types) filling out the schedule.

Going on future ND schedules, it looks like ND has 6 in 2020 and then balances that out by playing 4 in 2022. It happens again in 2023, when you play 6 and then follow that up with 4 in 2024.

We owe FSU and UK ass kickings next year. Don't think for a second that both aren't already marked on Satterfield's calendar.

Um, FSU will still suck (plus, it's home) and I don't know what happened in that UK game, which seemed a little flukie (again, a home game). This is a 9-3/10-2 team.

Reactions: RomanOben
Um, FSU will still suck (plus, it's home) and I don't know what happened in that UK game, which seemed a little flukie (again, a home game). This is a 9-3/10-2 team.

There's a lot of talent on that roster. Infuse a new coach, a new system, new philosophy, etc., I think they'll be pretty good. The UK game was all about a worn out defense, who was not quite good to begin with, but really fizzled out late in the season.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
There's a lot of talent on that roster. Infuse a new coach, a new system, new philosophy, etc., I think they'll be pretty good. The UK game was all about a worn out defense, who was not quite good to begin with, but really fizzled out late in the season.

UK dominated both lines of scrimmage, but on a dry field the game would have been much closer. They were better than us last season, but not that much better. We’d have put up points under normal circumstances but with no threat of the forward pass they essentially got to play like they had all season while we were severely limited offensively.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I wanna say our floor is I’m thinking another 7-5, but feel good about a 8-4 year.

For sure wins. Murray and Western

For sure losses. Clemson and Notre Dame

We will be underdogs. FSU, VT, UK

We will be favored. NC State, Cuse, Wake, BC, UVA.

I’m thinking a VT Halloween upset is “In the CARDS” for us in 2020 at home!

I believe the weather and flu both had a negative impact on the offense which resulted in the defense staying on the field for much to long. The Cards may have still lost the game, but the blowout wouldn't have happened on a dry field with a healthy offense.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I believe the weather and flu both had a negative impact on the offense which resulted in the defense staying on the field for much to long. The Cards may have still lost the game, but the blowout wouldn't have happened on a dry field with a healthy offense.

That flu aint no joke.
I had it in December.
Took about 2 weeks to fully recover.

The defense wasn’t on the field that long- they were giving up yardage 35 per play. Doesn’t take long to move down the field like that.

Do you all think the home opener against NC State will be on ESPN or ACC? I love night games, especially for the season opener!!

Do you all think the home opener against NC State will be on ESPN or ACC? I love night games, especially for the season opener!!
Clemson and Ga Tech play on that same night.
Last year they put Clemson on ACCN to guarantee they got the cable/satellite companies carried the network.

I’d imagine that Clemson being preseason #1 with Trevor Lawrence will start them on ESPN. We will be on ACCN.

I like it. A lot of eyes will be on us. Week day night games have always been a hit with fans, and we’ll have all weekend to enjoy the rest of college football
I just wish Clemson wasn’t playing that night and we’d have the game of the night

I like it. A lot of eyes will be on us. Week day night games have always been a hit with fans, and we’ll have all weekend to enjoy the rest of college football
I love it also. Great weather and we can show the nation what we have .

ADVERTISEMENT